How do you recooperate?

Options
aWashCloth
aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
The initial pain I am sure has started for all of us. I would love to get ideas on how people try to recover their muscles the next day?

I love my A535 as well as a heating pad. Not to mention a GREAT hot bath. That feels fantastic. And Ibeprophin always is close!

Replies

• donnab88
    Options
    LOL initial pain?? I can't even walk. I had shoulders and arms today and ab ripper x... i got through about 3 minutes of ab ripper x when i realized i was ready to just cry becuase i hurt so bad. I am going to keep pressing play but this week is pretty rough so far. Guess that is how I knew i needed it!!
  • clasr71
    clasr71 Posts: 10
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one. Everything hurts and its only day 3......I have arms and shoulders/ab ripper today. It hurts but so far this program is living up to all the hype.
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    The first week is painful.

Hot baths with epson salt helps somewhat. Drinking lots of water helps your muscles recover quicker.

The main thing is just to keep hitting 'Play' and work out the soreness.
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think the best advice for sore muscles is self massage and stretching and drinking plenty of water, oh and heat and ice helps too. Also, the sore muscles are to be expected and it's why Tony adds Yoga to the lineup. Although I personally hate the Yoga and tend not to do it.
  • jdleaser68
    Options
    Don't forsake Yoga! Do you hate it because it's slow-paced by comparison? That's why I hated it - and skipped it - for a long time. Over time, I learned to love it, noticed some real benefits of doing it, and now I love it.

Of all the exercise time I missed over the past few months of recovering from injury, I think I may have missed yoga the most.
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had previously said stretching and massage and water to recover.....screw that I'm having to take Motrin now. As a former athlete and bodybuilder I followed the no pain no gain mantra. Now as a 39 y/o I have to say it's okay to take pain reliever as needed.