Introductions!!

Options
2»

Replies

• kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Pittsburgh! I'm Katie, I'm 25 (almost 26...12/29) and I gained a ton of weight when I started graduate school 4 years ago. Now that I'm done with all that stress and a school psychologist, I want to get (and keep) this weight off! I'm really excited about this challenge, because my legs and butt tone up so much quicker than the rest of my body -- getting a jump start on that will help me stay motivated to work on everything else :tongue:

Just shut my office door and did 20/100 .... HERE.WE.GO.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! Im Bethany and I have the same story as everyone else. Im married to my best friend and we have 2 beautiful daughters who have done awful things to my back side! Im in for the challenge and cant wait to see results. I am currently doing Insanity and I LOVE IT! This will be an extra boost to keep my mind occupied during the day. Lets go ladies and get that nice firm backside for our hubbies!!!
  • lyndseyann11
    Options
    Hi girls uk lady here, 3 kids and desp trying to loose weight/get fit and look good on my wedding day in April 2012!

Looks like im late in joining this group but Ill start today!!!
  • Rica4rmd
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm Erica-24 yrs old and I live in Florida!!! Really on this weight loss kick and needing to do it for real this time! No stopping, no excuses! I am usually self-motivated but the more motivation the better! So far I have lost 9 pounds and I am already starting to feel great! I have sooo much more to lose and I am excited to see the SEXIER me come out. I know this challenge will only help in my plan. I do not have a set work out pattern as I am extremely busy- I am finishing up grad school (Mental Health Counseling/Marriage & Family Therapy) and I graduate in April so right now I am working 40 hrs/wk at my job, then intern about 30-50 hrs (unpaid LOL) every week, and go to school!! I'm glad I do not have children at this moment in time so I can take care of me completely-though I want some someday. :wink: So I try to fit in a work out at least 30 minutes a day during the week. Anything will help I'm sure!! Glad to be on this journey. So proud of everyone!!
  • CamDizzle8
    CamDizzle8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 2 weeks late, but I will jump in starting week 3. Here's to squatting!
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I am two weeks late BUT I would love to join you guys!
    Just recommitted myself to becoming active on MFP again and restart my weight loss. I have about 30-35 lbs to lose and am SOOOO ready for them to be gone.
    I love the idea of squats because the last thing I want to lose when I lose this weight is my butt!
  • bsdive
    bsdive Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Would love to join- I know I am late! It is so hard to find challenges on here that I feel like I can do! I am 38 in a couple of days and have 3 kids (8,6,2) and work full time at a desk; this will be great because I can take small breaks all day to get the 100 in even before I go home!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather. I'm a 34 yr old. SAHM and Homeschooler in sunny Florida. 4 days into Jillian's 30 day shred, so i figured what's an extra 100 squats a day! (God helps me! lol)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Hi Everybody,
    My name is Barbie and the longer I'm on MFP the more of a fitness addict I become.

The book I'm reading now ""Younger Next Year for Women
    Live Like You're 50----Strong, Fit, Sexy---Until You're 80 and Beyond" makes a good case for squats. It says "Strengthening your quads is also the best thing you can do to prevent bad knees" Strengthening your quads, the shock absorbers of your body, means you're much less likely to fall and get injured. And strengthening your quads, the biggest muscles in your body, means they will burn more calories even on"idle". So when in doubt default to quads"

:bigsmile: So I was very excited to find this challenge.......no I'm not going to try to catch up by doing all the squats I missed since the beginning of the month. I'll make today Day One.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jessalwayz
    jessalwayz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jessica, and even though I'm kind of late I'll give it a try. I've already done day 4. The first two days were brutal and I could barely get out of a chair!
  • J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jennifer, I have been on a weight loss journey for a long time. From my highest weight I have lost 79 pounds, although I am very proud of this loss I still have another 55-ish to go. I am squatting to tone up and strengthen what I have
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is ashley, and im a mommy of 1 and a M.F.P. addict!
    Im starting this challenge later than the others. My first day was 12/29/2011. Yay for nice legs and booty!
  • lisaosumarie
    Options
    My name is Lisa and I know I am super late joining this challenge and I hope that is okay!!!
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    I am late also :)
    I am starting today and will be doing 200 tonight with 100 sit ups while watching Biggest Loser!

My name is Nathalie. I am a mother of 3. Married to my best friend. I love being healthy and fit.