Morning or Evening??

Options
So I was wondering.... when does everyone get in their P90X?

First thing in the morning or evening?

With my schedule I'll have to wake up either really early or do it at 8 PM or later at night...

I'm leaning toward really early but I hate waking up early...

How bout everyone else?

Replies

• stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    If I don't exercise in the morning it won't happen! For me that means getting up at 3:30....but I've doing it for years so I'm used to it by now.
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    It varies for me, since I work out whenever there is time. I try to do the p90x in the morning though. But I had Yoga today, my WRISTS HURT SO MUCH. So i've been doing 20 minute intervals through out the day.
  • brnout
    brnout Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wind up doing the main workout in the evening. I'm usually wiped out enough afterwards that it helps me sleep later.

I do the short Ab Ripper/X session in the mornings. I never have the energy to both parts at once, but the Ab Ripper is a nice and quick wake-up routine!
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I do mine late morning like 11 ish, right before lunch!!
  • jkk8738
    Options
    Up at 4am to get it in before my commute to work (3:30am if I do the Yoga X). Nights just don't work as well as early morning for me. I also made sure that my 7th day for rest is on Wednesday and not on a weekend when I actually have time and don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to work it in.

It is a HUGE time commitment, but my hope is that it will all be worth it!!! Good luck! J
  • donnab88
    Options
    I'm up at 5 am with Tony... if i wait until after work it would never happen!
  • Pdot64
    Pdot64 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am a morning person and I work at home. I started P90X on Monday. So, my schedule so far is to get up at 4:15 a.m., have a shake for breakfast (got to have fuel), have my morning prayer and devotion, play guitar for an hour, check emails and schedule the day and THEN, at 7:00 a.m., I put the dog in the crate and GET BUSY!!

I am also doing an aerobics dance DVD with my wife at 4:30 p.m. She said she could not do P90X so I volunteered to do the workout with her in the evenings. It's pretty easy but boy am I glad there are no video cameras rolling...I hope.
  • TexasPatriot
    TexasPatriot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    With my schedule, it's best for me to do it right after work. So, in the evenings or late afternoon.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    4:30 am for me but I am doing the ab ripper after work. Yoga will be split 1/2 in the am 1/2 in the pm. I don't want to get up any earlier.
  • gregorshrn
    gregorshrn Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is fit in any time of the day that I have time. I am a nurse and work 7p-7a and have 5 kids, sooo whenever as long as it gets done (even if that is 2 am)!!!
  • GMPetti82
    GMPetti82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I work 9-5 (ish), and then teach Zumba classes on Mon, Tues, Wednes, and Thursday nights. If I'm getting m P90X workout in, it's gotta be in the AM. I have yet to get up early enough to do the entire thing, though. I have to get to bed earlier!!
  • Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Morning for me. 5:30am most days, 5:15 on Yoga X days...
  • smm10
    smm10 Posts: 4
    Options
    For me it varies on my schedule. If I work earlier than 8am, I work out in the am and if it is later than that I work out in the evening. Maybe try it in the morning and evening and see which you like more.
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    It depends on my work schedule. I usually work out after work around 5:45pm or 6pm. If I work a 1-10pm shift I work out at 9am or so.
  • arsjcs
    arsjcs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a morning person and know that I will not get out of bed to work out. So evenings has been when I can find time. One question: I've noticed several people have said they split the workouts and do some in the morning and some in evening. Is that possible and still get results??
  • supermomo3
    Options
    I reccommend getting up early. Let me be clear, my husband and I are NOT morning people, but its the only way it will get done. Face it, who feels like coming home after a long day at work and working out intensely for an hour or more? I am doing the Lean version and my hubby is doing the Classic. We both drag our butts out of bed at 6AM (super early for us) and he is doing his workout by 6:30 and I make sure I am right there with him to encourage him. I don't do my workout until around 11:15 when two of our three children are at school., but I get up at the same time as my hubby to help encourage him and get him motivated. We can't work out at the same time because someone has to be available for the kids and neither of us would get a good workout if we have to pause it every 5 mins :) To some who are splitting the workouts, I questioned this with the Yoga since it is soooo long and it would be much easier for me to do half in the morning and half in the afternoon, however, my beachbody coach pointed out that the first half of the video is stretching you out and preparing your body for the second half and discouraged splitting it. She did say that I could just do part of the first part and part of the second part if I wanted to shorten it, but not to split it equally in half. I would venture to say most of the workouts are built on the same principle and you should really complete one from start to finish if at all possible. I would think doing the Ab Ripper earlier or later than whatever other workout is on that day won't matter since it stands on its own. This is all just my opinion and what I have found that works for me! This workout is a BEAST, but I really feel great and hope we can all forge ahead and finish what we started. Hang in there, Everyone and good luck!
  • Natre
    Natre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I so wish i could do it in the morning, but I am not a morning person. And since my whole family does it together (hubby and sons), we wait til the evening after an early dinner. So like around 7ish.
  • zoronqueen
    zoronqueen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do it before I go to bed, right after the kids are in bed. Otherwise I won't get it done. The only disadvantage is that I'm wired after. That being said. I did the same 2 years ago and was able to complete the 13 weeks of P90x. When I started at 5am it was much harder. I pettered out after 7 weeks or so and had to take many days off for breaks. I am on week 2 bring it.
  • Jrodsway
    Jrodsway Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am doing mine at the end of my day...my wife and I made a commitment no matter what after the kid is asleep to get off the couch and press play! Bring it!
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I do my Insanity work out around 6 am and then right after work with my hubby we get busy with P90X (usually around 5:30 or 6 pm). The kids like to watch us work out and sometimes they join in.