Data Center Woes

Options
trelm249
trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
for i in `rant`
do

I hate all the rush, cascading projects, and customers wanting everything now at the end of the year. We have at least 6 projects due for December 23 that they told my department about 3 weeks ago.

Needless to say, 60+ hours weeks are hell on eating and gym schedules.

done

Replies

• mike_hill
    mike_hill Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear.

The past few years things have slowed down around Christmas at my work. For some reason this year it seems like everyone is ramping up as well. Get this project done, help this VIP, send in year end self evaluations, blah blah blah :)
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Its all about expectations. I blame the TV shows.

Too many people have developed an irrational expectation that everything in IT happens immediately, and auto-magically. Seriously, how many c-level or VP level folks expected an over-the-air download to their black-berry to go as quickly as Jack Ryan asking the CTU for blue prints of a building.

Also, sad to say, ignorance is bliss. I imagine that most non-IT people would be shocked to learn that there are issues with data, equipment, and software. For some, they naively believe that the IT world is a place of pristine technological nirvana.
  • lorals05
    Options
    I am so happy that the holidays are past. I work for a bunch of physicians and it seems like they expect Santa to just magically drop down and deliver everything they've wanted all year via me......Sigh....made for a long long month...but this is a new year-hopefully the princes and princesses have put their crowns away for awhile......:laugh: