New years resolutions

Options
This year will mark the ninth anniversary of my daughters tragic death. My grief is still there but I have learned to go on in this new life. She will always be in my heart and in my mind and I still think of her hundreds of times each day. I no longer dwell on the tragedy of her death, but on the beauty of her life. I want to celebrate her life. I want to tell people about her so she will never be forgotten. I want to make her proud! When I swim she is there cheering me on. When I volunteer my time she is there smiling her approval. I try to live my life the way she would have lived hers. She wrote in her journal she hoped that some day she would do something that would make a difference . Now that is my goal, making a difference in her memory. Putting 100% effort in everything I do, don't procrastinate (she hated that) , pay attention to the details, take time for myself (she loved to read). I do this in memory of a life so beautifully lived , a heart so deeply loved...

Replies

• dfdusza
    Options
    Sounds like a great new years resolution and maybe we can both work together with loosing the weight that we have put on after our daughters deaths with the depression, stress, etc...not sleeping.
  • kt4ever
    kt4ever Posts: 18
    Options
    Recording what I eat has really helped. I never bothered to look at the calories before. Each meal is around 300 calories then 300 in fruit and soy joy bars. A chicken pot pie at Boston Market is 800 calories! A cool wrap chicken ceasar, is 460 calories! Sticking to the plan is important. We can do this!