Weigh-In Week 1/1/12-1/7/12

Options
abetterliv
abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
How's everyone doing?

I lost 2 pounds this week, and have officially lost 10.6 pounds since I've started MFP! I think most of them were on this method. However, I think I am going to go back for a week of going by MFP guidelines to see which ones work better for me. Sometimes I want to have a strict number of calories I can eat, but sometimes I like having a deficit, so I think I will test some things out.

Hope all is going well for you all, and Happy New Year!

Replies

• elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss so far!
    I weigh in tomorrow so we'll see how last week's been for me. :smile:
  • sunnydays33
    sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Down 2.4# today from last week. I'm now down to my weight that I was 2 weeks ago. This is pretty standard for me lately...lose 2 lbs, up 2 lbs, lose them again and then finally move past that number by about the middle of the month. I am going to make a conserted effort not to let the scale determine my mood-it's just a number.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Olivia Method today, and restarting in general as well. The holidays were very rough for me, mostly because I didn't have a food/exercise plan before it started. I hope a lot of it is water weight!

SW: 158
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    12.02.2011: 190.6 lbs.
    12.09.2011: 187.4 lbs.
    12.16.2011: 186.2 lbs.
    12.23.2011: 185.4 lbs.
    12.28.2011: 183.2 lbs.
    01.03.2012: 183.0 lbs.

Not a large drop for me this week, but still a loss. An overall 7.6 pound loss in the month since I began this method. In August, September and October, I lost 11.0 pounds per month, but then in November, I only lost 4.6 pounds. I am happy with a 7.6 pound loss as I don't expect to continue with such large losses as I get closer to my goal weight. Plus, it is higher than the 4.6 pounds from last month! Hoping for another 7.6 pounds or more during January!

I love that I am eating more on a daily basis and still losing weight - and actually lost more if you only compare November to December. Before I was eating a low number of calories on my non-exercise days (less than my BMR as that is the goal MFP was giving me) and a high number of calories on my exercise days. I always felt (mentally) like I was starving on the low-cal days...
  • shydaisi
    shydaisi Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing?

I lost 2 pounds this week, and have officially lost 10.6 pounds since I've started MFP! I think most of them were on this method. However, I think I am going to go back for a week of going by MFP guidelines to see which ones work better for me. Sometimes I want to have a strict number of calories I can eat, but sometimes I like having a deficit, so I think I will test some things out.

Hope all is going well for you all, and Happy New Year!

If you prefer to have a strict goal, you could manually set your goal to your BMR calories. You would still basically eat the same... wouldn't eat your exercise calories until you burned more than the difference between your BMR and maintenance calories subtracted from 1000, but you would have more of a mental block when it comes to how many calories you could eat in a day.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Ate too much sugar and tons more cals than used to over the last week or so, soooo I plan on waiting a couple of weeks to weigh/measure. I did fine yesterday but today am ravenous for some reason.
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have been gone on vacation for two weeks and have not really been watching what I eat or following the Olivia method. However, I only had a .2 lb gain. I'm extremely happy with that.
    My current weight is 167.8.
    Getting back on track this week to try to lose .5 lb per week.
  • Justkf
    Justkf Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Down 2.4# today from last week. I'm now down to my weight that I was 2 weeks ago. This is pretty standard for me lately...lose 2 lbs, up 2 lbs, lose them again and then finally move past that number by about the middle of the month. I am going to make a conserted effort not to let the scale determine my mood-it's just a number.

That is me in a nutshell. So frustrating.
  • DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    .8 this week and I will take it since I had a big loss last week.
  • Bookie
    Bookie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I started the Olivia Method last week (on Thursday). I have been losing and gaining the same 7-10 lbs over the past few months, so I am excited to give this method a try!

SW (12/29): 165.4
    Today's weight (1/5): 163.8
    Goal weight: 150
  • Lolamako
    Lolamako Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I believe that the Olivia Method has helped me bust through a slight stall I was having, and helped me stay sane while doing it.

As I get closer to my goal I expect this to get harder, and am not surprised at the slow down.

133.6, down .8 of a pound. I hoovered around 134 for pretty much the whole month of December despite running faster and farther than I ever had before.
  • Justkf
    Options
    Started this method on Friday and I am down 1.4 today after being stuck since 12/24.
  • Justkf
    Options
    Started this method on Friday and I am down 1.4 today after being stuck since 12/24.

And now I am up 2 pounds, back to where I started on my plateau. very frustrating.

have not changed ticker yet.....
  • Justkf
    Options

And it is determining my mood-darn it!!