Congratulations!!

Options
Hey everyone welcome to the group!! If you would like to be an admin just let me know.. and feel free to invite other 'fiances' ;)
Tell us about yourself

My name is Shayla, I got engaged on 11/11/11, I have always had a struggle with my weight and this is my second attempt at MFP hopefully this time around I can utilize all the tools, and support :)

Replies

• BwnEyedWifey
    BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello Shayla,

My name is Elicia.. I got engaged on 10/26/11 on a cruise.. it was awesome! Ive also been big majority of my life.. and ive tried nearly every diet on the planet. I am back on MFP so Im hoping I will have a success story as I have seen others have. My wedding is October 2013, and Im looking to lose about 70-80 pounds before then. Good luck to everyone.. and I hope I can be a motivator to everyone as I would like every to motivate me.. I get side tracked or splurge on food I shouldnt have at times.... its easier once I get started but just taking that first step again can be tough!

What are your diet/excercise plans? Are you staying within a certain amount of calories?

Seeing from experiece that counting calories work.. I plan to go back to that... MFP says I can have about 1330.. so thats what I am going to try first... and see how that goes. I havent been in my gym for nearly 2 mths.. so hoping to start going back as well... slowly get into the mist of things :) Once again good luck everyone... I know we can all do this!
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

My name is Jen and I got engaged on 11/24/11. I do not have "the date" set but we plan to elope near the end of April 2012. In the past several months I lost 18 lbs, gained 5 back, and now back at it and motivated again. I hope that I can really do it this time! My goal is to lose 35lbs. Losing 35lbs would put me at a much better weight even though I would still be 165 at 5'6.

I plan to use the treadmill 30 minutes each morning (Mon - Fri) and I am doing the 30 Day Shred (start today) each afternoon. I hope to build endurance so that I can do more and more. I would love to do a 5K!!

MFP says that I can have 1200 calories so that is manageable but difficult as I love sweets. If anyone has suggestions I am always open to them. If I can do anything to help you please let me know.

This is going to be an amazing year and we can all do this!!
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    Hey Jen!!! Congrats on engagement.. April is a great month ( as its my birthday month ) lol.... anyways... Im sure your 35 lbs is just as tough as my 70-80, but I sure wish that was my goal... lol. You will do great and look fabulous on your wedding day. The sweet thing... Im not sure a good method.. I know that a friend of mine always had a sweet tooth too.. and she ate a candy bar or whatever she was craving.. but just deducted it from her calories... she has lost 100 lbs so far.. so I guess it works. She eats whatever she wants... BBQ, burger, sweets, pizza... she just limits her portions and keeps her calories at 1200 daily... even on holidays.. that is where I blow it the worse.. but not her.. she stands strong and only eats the right amount. Good luck :)
    Hello Ladies,

My name is Jen and I got engaged on 11/24/11. I do not have "the date" set but we plan to elope near the end of April 2012. In the past several months I lost 18 lbs, gained 5 back, and now back at it and motivated again. I hope that I can really do it this time! My goal is to lose 35lbs. Losing 35lbs would put me at a much better weight even though I would still be 165 at 5'6.

I plan to use the treadmill 30 minutes each morning (Mon - Fri) and I am doing the 30 Day Shred (start today) each afternoon. I hope to build endurance so that I can do more and more. I would love to do a 5K!!

MFP says that I can have 1200 calories so that is manageable but difficult as I love sweets. If anyone has suggestions I am always open to them. If I can do anything to help you please let me know.

This is going to be an amazing year and we can all do this!!
  • mandyclark54
    mandyclark54 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi everyone im mandy and i got engaged 22/10/11 our wedding is may 2013 cant wait!! I used MFP last jan and lost loads of weight but stopped using it and went back to my bad habits of snacking.

I weigh 190lb and hope to get to 160lb for my wedding (i am 5'9" )

i dont necessarily eat healthy but i eat in moderation and stick to my calorie goal of no more than 1500. I am turning over a new leaf and trying to exercise!
  • shayla21marie
    shayla21marie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Shayla,

My name is Elicia.. I got engaged on 10/26/11 on a cruise.. it was awesome! Ive also been big majority of my life.. and ive tried nearly every diet on the planet. I am back on MFP so Im hoping I will have a success story as I have seen others have. My wedding is October 2013, and Im looking to lose about 70-80 pounds before then. Good luck to everyone.. and I hope I can be a motivator to everyone as I would like every to motivate me.. I get side tracked or splurge on food I shouldnt have at times.... its easier once I get started but just taking that first step again can be tough!

What are your diet/excercise plans? Are you staying within a certain amount of calories?

Seeing from experiece that counting calories work.. I plan to go back to that... MFP says I can have about 1330.. so thats what I am going to try first... and see how that goes. I havent been in my gym for nearly 2 mths.. so hoping to start going back as well... slowly get into the mist of things :) Once again good luck everyone... I know we can all do this!

I have always wanted to go on a cruise! :) I am taking a tourism and travel program in college and i got to sit in class and learn all about the luxury cruises... haha I am looking to lose around the same amount as you I am around 235ish 5'5 being toned is most important to me i think. I just want everything to be tight LOL. MFP is saying 1500 for me, but I try to stay around 1200 as that seems more normal... there is a very old school small gym in my building to I workout there, I try to get there 5 times a week :) I love boxing with my Fiance!
  • shayla21marie
    shayla21marie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    we got engaged within 2 weeks of eachother :) We don't have a date set, but probably won't be till late 2013/2014 but I am ok with that, more time to lose weight! haha
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    Hey ladies! My name is Mariah and I got engaged on 12-4-11. He is the man of my dreams and I can't wait to marry him! I have struggled with weight my whole life,but have always just dealt with it. I have tried every diet in the book and always ended feeling discouraged. Your wedding is supposed to be one of the most important days of your life and on my wedding day i want to feel beautiful! I can handle being chubby in the summers while other girls are in bikinis and while trying on clothes and not being able to find a lot that fit, but I simply will not settle for being chubby on my wedding day. My goal is to be in the 100's on the morning of my wedding. So I simply set my goal for 199 because it is achievable, but I would like to hit 175 :)
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    Options
    Hi, Y'all! Darin from NC here. We got engaged over a year ago - October 2010 - but won't get married until this upcoming Fall.

I'm clinically depressed and am an "eat as an emotional response" person. I've lost a great deal of weight before just from calorie control - increased activity, decreased input. What worked last time - the food diary. Keeps you honest.

But I'm starting to get nervous that I can't do it again. And there's part of me that doesn't even want to commit to a date in case I can't slim down by then! :-(

Anyhow, I'm with you entirely. Just starting the real work!
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    we got engaged within 2 weeks of eachother :) We don't have a date set, but probably won't be till late 2013/2014 but I am ok with that, more time to lose weight! haha

I totally understand... alot of people were asking me why we were waiting so late.. but its more time for me to lose weight.. plus save money... we are looking to going to figi or somewhere for honeymoon.. so would love to look good in a swim suit.. and not have to cover up.
  • kstance
    kstance Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Kristen and I got engaged 12/02/11. My fiance and I have set our wedding for May 2013, so I have plenty of time to lose weight, but I want to get a jump start - especially since I'm a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding in April. I've struggled off and on with my weight my whole life, but my battle has been especially difficult since March 2011 when I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. Unlike some people, stress makes me gain weight, and during the next year I saw my weight reach new highs. I'm ready to start this year off right and change my life for good. My fiance is being really supportive and is actually trying to lose weight along with me. I look forward to sharing our progress, and of course wedding chat in the future! Congratulations to everyone on their engagements! We can do this!!
  • kate2004rock
    kate2004rock Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My name is Katie ! Matt and I got engated 3/18/11...no date yet thought. I just gained the college beer weight....and a few and more lbs. It's hard to say no to French Fries!
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    *** GOOD MORNING LADIES ***

How did everyone do yesterday (diet wise) ? Did yall have a good day, so so good day.. or just plain bad day? Mine was so so... didnt get any excercise in... but calorie wise I was ok... I started off trying to just do protein shakes for breakfast and lunch.. they were horrible.. so decided to just go back to my calorie counting ways.... much easier and im not starving all day. Good luck all... Feel free to posts your daily sucess or vent about what you feel bad about doing.. whether its eating the wrong thing.. or whatever it may be.. get it off your chest.. :) and make room for new better things that you will do....

We all know its tough to lose weight and stick to it... so dont ever feel bad about failures.... just get back up and try again :)

Have a good day!
  • bride2be113
    bride2be113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So Katie, my story sounds similiar except my desk job and relationship helped me add more than just the college weight :( When I went to college I weighed approximately 115; when i graduated 7 years ago (YIKES it doesn't seem that long ago) I was in the 150's. I took phentermine 3 years ago and stuck to a 1200 calorie diet and was able to get down to 135 but then I met my fiance... I love how everyone calls it "happy" weight. There is nothing happy about gaining 40 lbs in a year. Earlier this year I weighed 175 lbs which is way too heavy since I'm only 5 ft 2 in tall. This time with planning a wedding I don't have the extra $225 a month to spend at the weight loss clinic so I'm trying to do it with the help of my friends on MFP.

Kyle and I got engaged in October 2011 and our wedding is in November 2012. I thought I had plenty of time to lose the weight. But 2 months has past and I'm only at 168. Time to get to it! I've already purchased my wedding dress and feel pretty in it but I know that I would be much more confident if I was in the 120's again. Heck, I'd settle for the 130's!

Besides losing weight for my own comfort and confidence, I do have another alterior motive I should reveal hehe... Some of my fiance's friends are married to skinny little girls that are genetically wired to be skinny. They are nasty and judgemental and do not understand some of us have to work at it. One of them has told me I'm a fat ugly lazy redhead! So it would be nice to show this girl exactly what I can accomplish. Make her eat her words, ya know! HA ok, sorry for the tangent.

MFP says I should eat 1200 calories a day but I am stuggling. My diary is open to friends, but I must warn you it is not a good example as of now. I would love to have more friends on here that share their diary so I can get suggestions. Friend me if you are interested!

Happy Hump Day! Congrats to all of the brides to be and thanks for starting the group!
  • bride2be113
    bride2be113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yea, I haven't had luck with protein shakes either. But 2 people have told me to try chocolate muscle milk. Apparently, it is on sale at Costco this month, not sure if live near one of those! It isn't too calorie friendly, but if it keeps me full and tastes like chocolate milk I think it is worth a shot :) Anyone on here try it?

So this is my pdiddy week (aka TOM) and I could seriously eat a dozen of cupcakes right now. At lunch I tried to convince my co-worker to go to Georgetown Cupcake (maybe some of you have seen the DC Cupcake show on TLC) and Five Guys burger. But he convinced me to stick to salad and a lean cuisine. So thankful I didn't go but I'd by lying if I said I still don't have the urge to go get a cupcake :( I believe someone else posted (Jen, possibly?) about having a sweet tooth; I feel your pain! Let me know what works for you please. Right now, nothing has worked for me becauase I can't stick to portion control. FAIL!!!

Ok thanks for the vent! My work blocks FB so I'm very thankful I can access this sight... wonder how long that will last. UGH!
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    Yea, I haven't had luck with protein shakes either. But 2 people have told me to try chocolate muscle milk. Apparently, it is on sale at Costco this month, not sure if live near one of those! It isn't too calorie friendly, but if it keeps me full and tastes like chocolate milk I think it is worth a shot :) Anyone on here try it?

So this is my pdiddy week (aka TOM) and I could seriously eat a dozen of cupcakes right now. At lunch I tried to convince my co-worker to go to Georgetown Cupcake (maybe some of you have seen the DC Cupcake show on TLC) and Five Guys burger. But he convinced me to stick to salad and a lean cuisine. So thankful I didn't go but I'd by lying if I said I still don't have the urge to go get a cupcake :( I believe someone else posted (Jen, possibly?) about having a sweet tooth; I feel your pain! Let me know what works for you please. Right now, nothing has worked for me becauase I can't stick to portion control. FAIL!!!

Ok thanks for the vent! My work blocks FB so I'm very thankful I can access this sight... wonder how long that will last. UGH!

I understand what you mean about you wanting burgers or cupcakes... I hardly ever have a urge for sweets... but I do crave salty stuff... like burgers... I havent dont so well these past 2 days but doing better... I know it will take time to work my way into a strick routine...my biggest thing is portion control too... its so hard to just cut a 1/2 cup of something.. when its soo good and you want like 3 cups lol :) Hang in there. I will get better....
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    Regarding FACEBOOK- feel free to add me... not sure how to tell you to find me.. but you can look me up by my name hopefully.. Elicia Concha... I live in Houston, TX... but I dont think there are any other people with my exact name :)
  • dbourassa
    Options
    Hi my name is Dallas, and I got engaged on 06/12/11 on a mini vacation to Phoenix to see a Cowboys game. We have our date set for November 28, 2012 in Mexico. So i would like to be beach ready.
    I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, but would really like to put an end to it, and change my lifestyle.
    Recently I joined 2 floor hockey teams and started going to water aerobics classes, since they are two things I enjoy, I think I can actually stick to them, since I hate going to the gym. I hope with that activity, and staying true to tracking what I eat, I will be successful..
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! :)
    My name is Kerri. I'm 29 and I live in Michigan. My fiance proposed in April of 2011 during our Opening Day festivities (for the Tigers, our baseball team here in Detroit!) It was SOOO unexpected and awesome all at the same time. Everyone was in on it but ME! lol
    Our wedding is set for 11/17/12. We are having it at the stadium where the Tigers play and that is the only weekend they had open in 2012.. so we've got to wait, which I'm ok with because it gives me time!
    I used MFP literally EVERY day in 2011 and I lost a measely 2 pounds!!! it's crazy to think but I'm down on myself. I worked out 4-6x a week, every week. I accomplished running 2 half marathons and did CrossFit workouts the entire summer. I believe I've gained a bit of muscle but the scale still says the same. I *know* I need to put more emphasis on my diet and making better choices. I log but I often make poor choices!
    I can't wait to talk wedding with everyone and see how our plans unfold for the big day! ourselves, most importantly!! =)
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you on your engagements! We are going to be beautiful brides or grooms. I did find something low cal for all of us "sweet toothed" peeps.

Combine Lite Cool Whip, just a few mini semi sweet chocolate chips, and chopped pecans then put in the freezer until firm. It is yummy and not a ton of calories!

Hope all of you are having a great week :happy:
  • Snr1
    Snr1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Sara and I got engaged on 12/24/2011 Christmas Eve! I have been with my fiance for 5 years and our wedding date is 06/01/2012 so only less than 5 months away. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I would really like to tone up and get into the best shape for my wedding. My fiance has been with me through much thinner times and I would like to look great for him! I also want to be able to maintain this after the wedding. Congrats to you all!