Xbox 360- time for a workout!

Options
BecTech
BecTech Posts: 47 Member
oooh yes. I got one of these babies for Christmas this year >D

And with that I got Dance Central. This is totally going to be my new workout routine. Because it's SO FUN!

And...and I also...got..skyrim <3 that makes me so happy too |D

But onto my actual point-- Are you using Video Games to work out?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is SO. FUN. I used to use it as a workout - now I do it more as a -- well I guess its still as a workout but I mostly do it as a "I really should get off my butt for 30 minutes today, I'll go play dance central!"

I really hope they let me port in Dance Central 1 songs to DC 2 soon, at least a few of my favorite ones. I did get to keep my DLC.

Also my friend got me the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 game for Christmas so I'm going to try it out (eventually...). I didn't love the first game honestly but supposedly the second one is "better".
  • BecTech
    BecTech Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is SO. FUN. I used to use it as a workout - now I do it more as a -- well I guess its still as a workout but I mostly do it as a "I really should get off my butt for 30 minutes today, I'll go play dance central!"

I really hope they let me port in Dance Central 1 songs to DC 2 soon, at least a few of my favorite ones. I did get to keep my DLC.

Also my friend got me the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 game for Christmas so I'm going to try it out (eventually...). I didn't love the first game honestly but supposedly the second one is "better".

I think you can import your songs from DC to DC2..if you have the code from the pamphlet thing. I think. I'm not 100% xD
    My sister said she wanted to get the Biggest Loser for the xBox...any thoughts on that?
  • laurajordana
    laurajordana Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Nice!!! I wish I had a 360.. I only have a Wii... Kinect looks amazing though
  • tameko2
    Options

I think you can import your songs from DC to DC2..if you have the code from the pamphlet thing. I think. I'm not 100% xD
    My sister said she wanted to get the Biggest Loser for the xBox...any thoughts on that?

I haven't tried the biggest loser game, but the reviews on it aren't too bad. Make sure if you get it she puts in a small goal when they ask because I guess if you put in a large goal it will try and make you lose all of that in 12 weeks which is unreasonable for more than like 25-30 lbs (and you better be pretty overweight to try and lose that quick).

the new games are better though - recognition is vastly improved in most of them. Maybe wait for a biggest loser 2 game?
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a kinect for christmas! I LOVE Dance Central. I use it for my cardio. :bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We got Kinect Adventures, which makes you sweat. I want to get UFC Trainer and I think my wife wants the dance or Zumba one if there is one.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I got a Kinect and Zumba for Christmas! :smile:
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Kinect = amazeballs.

Dance Central = amazeballs.

I love the friend leader boards on Dance Central, makes it very competitive :happy: If you have Live you should add me so we have more people on our leaderboards! My gamertag is atdiagonalley
  • tameko2
    Options
    Kinect = amazeballs.

I love the friend leader boards on Dance Central, makes it very competitive :happy: If you have Live you should add me so we have more people on our leaderboards! My gamertag is atdiagonalley

I am totally going to add you, I love those leaderboards! Makes me play songs I otherwise don't even like.

Does anyone else have Your Shape 2012?
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got Dance Central 2 for Christmas (already had the first one), haven't played it yet as I've been ill for days (plus, Skyrim!), but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. My girlfriend tells me recognition is even better now. Oh you can import all of the DC1 songs too, though I didn't know about a brochure code, I spent MS points on it :(
  • tameko2
    Options
    I got Dance Central 2 for Christmas (already had the first one), haven't played it yet as I've been ill for days (plus, Skyrim!), but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. My girlfriend tells me recognition is even better now. Oh you can import all of the DC1 songs too, though I didn't know about a brochure code, I spent MS points on it :(

So wait, how do I import the songs? there's a code somewhere? My username is tsunehaus if anyone wants to add me who plays Kinect. We can do little challenges! It'll be "fun". Heh.

And yeah, its not Skyrim for me but its SWTOR - I spent like 3 days sitting on my *kitten* in front of the computer like a BUM. On a normal day where I don't particularly exercise but do a little walking around (like maybe walking across the street to grab lunch or coffee or something and general regular on my feet stuff) I burn like 2200 calories a day. On the day I did nothing but sit on my *kitten* playing SWTOR I burned 1850. That horrified the CRAP out of me, no wonder I got so freaking fat. I will never ever let myself do that again. That extra 350 calories is really awesome.
  • KarlDR
    Options
    So wait, how do I import the songs? there's a code somewhere?

I'm guessing you're on XBox - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Dance-Central-2/Import

Seems you can only do it for free if you pre-ordered though otherwise you need to spend 400 points (a bit cheeky if you ask me - I already paid for both games!)
  • FatherGruff
    Options
    I use Kinect for working out, too. Just started (well, I ran through a bunch about a year ago, but then didn't touch it again until recently). I'm playing Your Shape, mostly, but any of the games seem to be good calorie burners (I'm playing the original Your Shape, but mainly just because I already had it--the new one looks better, and I would go for that if I didn't already have this one). I also play a bit of dance central and sports. Actually, I think I've gotten the most exercise by trying for all platinum medals in Kinect Adventures (the game that came with the Kinect). They are all fun.

I could play Wii or Move, but those don't seem to work as well for getting a workout.

My routine in Your Shape is to do one 'personal trainer' workout, then play some games for a bit, then end with a Zen class (tai chi, essentially). That way I get some calorie burn, fun time, and then a calmer, stretching exercise. I wish it did floor exercises (sit ups, push ups), but I hear that's in the new one.

And, of course, I use the Xbox for non-exercise, too: Dragon Age II recently (and after I finish that... Skyrim! :)
  • tameko2
    Options
    So wait, how do I import the songs? there's a code somewhere?

I'm guessing you're on XBox - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Dance-Central-2/Import

Seems you can only do it for free if you pre-ordered though otherwise you need to spend 400 points (a bit cheeky if you ask me - I already paid for both games!)

I agree - but hey I am so happy that I can even DO the import. They were really smart to plan ahead for that.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    My thumbs get a great workout, but that's about it. I haven't used the Kinect for exercise. Yet.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I use Kinect, too. Just picked up Kung Fu Hi Impact. Furniture beware! Unfortunately, the XBox actually belongs to my son, so I don't always get to play every day, but Kinect really is a fun workout. At some point I want to pick up Kinect Sports. Dancing sounds fun, but really not my thing, I'm just too uncoordinated.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of Your Shape 2012, and I'm freaking exhausted! Some of the "activities" are fun and get you moving, others are serious workouts........basically if it's pink it's going to kick my *kitten*. I did Shape up and Burn D on the legs, and actually laid on the floor after the 2nd rep of pushups crying that they needed to stop adding routines after I just finished one! But since I haven't done much working out in a year, my endurance and strength is shot.......plus I should have started with A, but thought I could handle it.......((so could not btw)).

Feel free to add me on Xbox LIVE - I'm Serene Mom!
  • tameko2
    Options
    My thumbs get a great workout, but that's about it. I haven't used the Kinect for exercise. Yet.

DO IT. Its really super fun. You don't even have to really 'exercise' with it - sometimes I use it as just a "stand on my feet and wave my arms for 10 minutes" thing. Its much better for my weight loss than sitting on my @$$ and shooting jedi with blasters.

Mara - you don't have to be coordinated to play dance central - you will get used to it and even in the beginning when you are just flailing around its a lot of FUN. I will say that DC 1 was easier than DC 2 so its probably good to start with that.
  • KarlDR
    Options
    Dancing sounds fun, but really not my thing, I'm just too uncoordinated.

Trust me, describing my uncoordinated flailing in front of the Kinect as "dancing" would be extremely generous! I'm 6'5", 420lbs and I listen to metal - it's safe to say I have never done anything vaguely dance-like in my life! Even so, nothing I've done with the Kinect provides quite same level of work out as Dance Central. I just get it to teach me all the moves at the easiest level and then work up from there. The main thing how much it gets you moving. I really never thought I'd like it until I tried it, but it's probably my favourite way to exercise now.
  • JJMS
    JJMS Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kinect = amazeballs.

I will add you! I just got DC2 and it is a fun workout! :)