LA Fitness

Options
Does anyone belong to LA Fitness? i presently use the location in East Norrition, but was going to try the one in Fort Washington. Not sure how much difference there is

Replies

• Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I belong but have not been there in more than a month. Oops.

I usually go to the Bensalem location since it is closest to me but I've been to the Ft Washington location. They are all pretty much the same. The Ft Washington one felt smaller than the Bensalem one, but that could have been my imagination.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I joined LA Fitness a few weeks ago and usually go to the Andorra location. Not sure if the locations vary much or not, since that is the only location I have been to so far.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Please report back when you do try the Ft Wash one! I drive past it every day to/from work and have always wondered what it's like and if it's worth it.

I have never been to an LA Fitness. Are classes included?
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    Yes, classes are included in the agreement. i have not taken advantage of the classes, but wish to. i will let you know, i might try the Ft Wash location this week.
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    I joined LA Fitness a few weeks ago and usually go to the Andorra location. Not sure if the locations vary much or not, since that is the only location I have been to so far.

You can go on the LA Fitness website and look up different locations and it will tell you what is and is not available at each one.
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I was a member of the Bally's gym in KOP and then it was bought out by LA Fitness. I am looking forward to going to other LA Fitness' in the area. I liked the Bally's in KOP because it is 2 minutes away from my home
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    I was a member of the Bally's gym in KOP and then it was bought out by LA Fitness. I am looking forward to going to other LA Fitness' in the area. I liked the Bally's in KOP because it is 2 minutes away from my home

i am looking forward to doing that as well. i have not been to the one in KoP, just East Norriton
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    I am sure KP is not as good as East Norriton. They have not changed anything around since they took over Bally's.
  • lockedinpa
    Options
    I am sure KP is not as good as East Norriton. They have not changed anything around since they took over Bally's.

Well, you should come over and check out the East Norrition location.
  • sanaylz
    Options
    I am a member of Bally's in KOP (now LA FItness) but haven't been there since it was taken over. Are they raising our rates? I live in Collegeville and will probably check that one out too but I heard it was crowded.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I live near collegeville and work near Potttstown.. LAfit near both..collegeville does get packed 5pm rush hour.. early morning is ok. Pottstown is awesome..never real busy.. collegeville is falling apart already..treadmills offline/broke, suanas have papers, bottles etc left behind..
  • sanaylz
    Options
    wow?! It's really falling apart already? I guess if I go maybe in the morning or weekends. It's just as easy for me to go to KOP during the week since I work in KOP. But if Pottstown is that nice, it may be worth the trip out there.
  • ConnieSG
    Options
    I am a member of Bally's in KOP (now LA FItness) but haven't been there since it was taken over. Are they raising our rates? I live in Collegeville and will probably check that one out too but I heard it was crowded.

I don't believe they are raising our rates!! I will be highly upset if they do. If you would like to add me, feel free
  • SeeEmRun2012
    Options
    I LOVE LA FITNESS!
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LA FITNESS!

Me too, I go to the one downtown during the week before work most days and go to the Andorra one which is near my house on the weekends/days off. I love that they have a variety of well kept equipment and also have locations near both work and home with good hours. The one near my house even has a swimming pool which I would love to use at some point. That is very important to me so that I have no excuses about going.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I just joined the one in Center City and so far I like it a lot! Previously I went to Planet Fitness, but I've outgrown it. I mostly lift heavy now and Planet Fitness just sucks for that. I'm really excited that I get to use actual real equipment! And there's a mirror! Who knew my form sucked? Not me! But now I do.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I go to the one in Collegeville, faithfully!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options

I don't believe they are raising our rates!! I will be highly upset if they do. If you would like to add me, feel free

I go to the Collegeville location. It can get crowded at times... You know between 5-7 are the worst! The biggest issues lately are the A/C not working in the spin room or aerobics room and always broken equipment. I signed up at the Pottstown location but never worked out there as Collegeville is so close to my home. I hear the Pottstown location is a lot less crowded and the equipment is better maintained.
  • mcanavan05
    mcanavan05 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Never see a crowd in Pottstown and you get your on TV per treadmill. Collegeville is good but only because home is around the corner.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I live close to Center City so I usually use the downtown one. The other day I went to the Andorra one to check it out and it's amazing! It's an hour away on the bus, but I'm going to be going out of my way to go to that one as often as I can.