Challenge?

Options
So I noticed that this group message board isn't very active. I checked out the public message boards and noticed a lot of different challenges. Just wondering if anyone here would like a mini/COTH challenge? With 50 members, I'm sure we have have some very different goals, but probably we could each find a few others with similar goals.

Thoughts for challenges:

- ride ____ times a week or ____ minutes a week
- lose ___% of your "total weight to lose" by a certain date
- run a 5k
- be able to do 30 push-ups by the end of the month
- etc.

What do you think? Anyone game for a little competition (with themselves or as a group)?

Replies

• wehrlegirl
    Options
    Im game!! I just have broodies and babies right now, so I hope we can come up some a set of challenges.
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    I would be down also!! I've had a really slow first few days (mainly sickness related), and a challenge would be perfect to get my butt in gear.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'm horseless, but it would be totally up for any fitness challenges.
  • Blugal1
    Blugal1 Posts: 92
    Options
    OK I am going to post a few challenges (of course, ones that I want to do) - feel free to do the same!
  • Polydor
    Polydor Posts: 43
    Options
    Bring it on !! :D

P.
  • moody01
    moody01 Posts: 11
    Options
    I would do the riding challenge - I think that we could customize it to meet our goals. I wanted to do the couch to 5k one except that I just cannot run. I have a bum ankle (horse fell on it ten years ago) and while I'm doing pretty well, it's not up to an actual run for a long time - it would probably take me a year!

I can, however, do the 5k on the elliptical (that thing gives me the illusion of running without the pain!).

I can also commit to riding at least 4x a week - I have 3 horses available that need to be ridden, so that's mostly up to my own stamina :).