iSmoothRun

Options
pdworkman
pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
I posted a bit about iSmoothRun on the other thread. I thought I'd mention it again on its own.

Today I overshot my calories by 300. So I will run this evening with iSmoothRun and set it for a 400 calorie run. That will give me another 100 calories in case I want some fruit or something before bed. You can set it for a free run, length of time, distance, or calories. Or you can make a more complicated run with warm up, intervals, etc. Exports automatically to RunKeeper or uses RunKeeper Live.

Pam

Replies

• tmccutcheon
    tmccutcheon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Why would you use this app if you already have RunKeeper?
  • pdworkman
    Options
    Tracks shoe mileage, has a metronome, can set calorie goals, and more.

Pam
  • bnax
    bnax Posts: 9
    Options
    There's lots to love with iSmoothRun, which has replaced the RunKeeper app for me. Favorite feature: iSR tells me, immediately, when I've moved to another heartrate zone, whether up or down. Also appreciate the degree of customization. I'm extremely impressed with its dead-on accuracy, something which became such a problem with RunKeeper that I searched for an alternative. One thing I don't like about iSR: no music integration. But given its overall reliability, I accept flipping between it and the iPhone Music app as needed.

Note: I am still using the RK site. It's the glue pushing/pulling assorted data together. Also like the fitness alerts.
  • pdworkman
    Options
    The developer has been very responsive to suggestions and bug reports. Nice guy.

I don't really mind no music integration either. I use Tempo Magic for my music, to push the speed of my favourite songs up to a higher BPM. Works in the background while iSmoothRun is going.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info guys. I've had a REALLY bad time lately with the accuracy of my RK too. Was even trying to find a previous release. I might look into the iSR now. And I really don't mind the lack if music integration either. I've gotten more into running over the past 6 months and actually enjoy just listening to my feet and breathing now.
  • bnax
    bnax Posts: 9
    Options
    Just a quickie update. I’ve found a one-shot solution for 2 problems I’d been having.

One, my BlueTooth headset, Moto S305, kept dropping out on me, which I suspect is tied to the sweat factor. Replaced em with LG Tone HBS-700, a horseshoe-shaped set which hugs the neck area. Phone control is on the left; music on the right. The ear buds feature is super great, as there’s no dangling due to the way the whole thing is configured. The mike is at the tip, so you just tap a button on the left to accept calls, then talk as normal. Didn’t think of it prior to purchase, but these turn out to be fantastic in a convertible as well. I can hear the caller, and no problem hearing me. You can even make hands-free calls.

Two, I no longer care about iSmoothRun’s lack of music integration. It’s dirt easy easy to advance/replay tunes with the LG.

Finally, about iSR— the one unique feature I truly adore: only one out there which, literally, tells you *immediately* when you switch HR zones. The rest are by distance or time only. Truly a gem of a little app!