wheels

Options
SkateboardFi
SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
can any vets suggest some indoor wheels that will give me grip as well as speed on the rink?

also, what are some good outdoor wheels to roll around town on?

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Wheels are an endless topic, LOL. Everyone has their preference. I like Fuji's...Zodiac's seem to be pretty popular too, but like I said, you will get a million different answer's as to why one is better than the other. It's pretty frustrating. I say just read up on em, ask questions and if you have a skate shop near by talk to the employees. There is also a forum called skatelogforum.com, they have a derby section. If you join, you can ask questions there, they have a ton of Derby girls as members :) GOOD LUCK

The one thing I will tell you is don't waste money on specific outdoor wheels. When you finally decide on a new pair of wheels, just use your old ones for outdoor skating!
  • redhotredneck
    redhotredneck Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster on the indoor wheels, its all subjective. The floor you skate on, your skating motion, your weight and stride strength can mean different wheels will work better or against you. I know that most of the girls in my league have a couple different sets of wheels that they will use and they will change based on the floor type the game is being skated on. We also have a skate/gear sponsor who is very helpful in helping us with finding wheels. He has actually given our league a couple different sets of different wheels that allow anyone to try out wheels before buying anything new.

As for outdoor wheels, you actually would be better off buying a set of outdoor wheels as they are made of a softer material than indoor wheels. Usually outdoor wheels are right around 88A hardness where as most indoor wheels start around 93A (?) and go higher. The softer wheel allows for a smoother roll over the cracks in the sidewalks or small stones etc that you would encounter skating outdoors. You may also want to get a wider wheel for outdoors than you would normally use for skating indoors as well, for the same reason as you want a softer wheel. :)

I always recommend asking others in your league for help, see what they use or recommend. You may find someone in your league could have some you could try before having to buy anything yet.

Keep Skating!