Goodwill

Options
Apryl546
Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
I'm pretty excited. I just got hired for a brand new Location in Forest Lake.
I've never stepped foot in a goodwill before because I've never had one close to me. I'm surrounded by Family Pathways though.

What are some amazing finds you've found at Goodwill?

Replies

• brandeejean
    brandeejean Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was excited when I discovered that Target sends there clothing and shoes there!
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I didn't even realize there was a Goodwill in Forest Lake. I generally don't shop at thrift stores, but I donate lots of clothes that don't fit!

Congrats on your new job!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    My sister works at a Goodwill in Virginia MN. She finds all sorts of neat stuff - clothing, home items, books. She loves her job - good luck with yours!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Almost everything I own comes from thrift stores. I usually go to Savers or Value Village though. Over Thanksgiving I actually found a St. Olaf winter cap at Value Village for only $1. That's a lot better than the $15 I'd pay for it in the bookstore on campus!
  • leelees10
    leelees10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know where I will be bringing my clothes. When does it open? That was the talk at the New Year's Eve party we were at.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    I usually bring my clothes to the Family Pathways in Wyoming, and it opens the beginning of February if I have the right information. I'll keep you posted since I go in for orientation on the 26th.
  • JasonSwetland
    JasonSwetland Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    When I got divorced from my first wife I got a kitchen table and three chairs for a dollar from the good will, which needed for me and my two children. It was as if they knew I now had a family of three. Dont know where the fourth one was. When I remarried I donated the odd set back to the good will hoping another family of three would find it useful.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    That's sweet!
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I recently scored a light blue, polka dotted Coach purse for $4, and a buttery, brown leather pair of 2 1/2-inch heeled boots for $3. Both of these came from the Coon Rapids location.
  • dianemhughes
    dianemhughes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of great work out clothes that I wear as extra clothes to races. I live in MN so standing at the start line of a race can be chilly, but once the race has started, I warm up pretty quickly. Wearing a running jacket that I have bought for $2, I take it off and throw it to the side. Event organizers collect these clothes and donate them to charity so I never worry about what I have spent or where it goes.
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    cute!
  • Michaelaraedixon
    Options
    I love shopping at the Unique Thrift Store in New Hope! They have 20% off on everything, on Tuesdays! I find tons of great things there too!
  • karacakes77
    karacakes77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love thrift stores. I am always looking for Wilton cake pans and vintage care bears. My grandparents live in Forest Lake and my Grandma loves to garage sale and shop at thrift stores so I will probably check it out next time I'm up there :happy:
  • Luv2bagramma
    Luv2bagramma Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia and go to the Goodwill store every week. Both of my computer chairs and a majority of my books are from there . It's just a great store to check out with friendly staff. I am sure I see your sister in there all the time.
  • thebigbige
    thebigbige Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I was excited when I discovered that Target sends there clothing and shoes there!

Actually Target doesn't send their clothing and shoes to Goodwill they sell their stuff to Goodwill.
  • Apryl546
    Options

Actually Target doesn't send their clothing and shoes to Goodwill they sell their stuff to Goodwill.
    Exactly.
    They sell the stuff that was either damaged in transit (usually just the boxes are damaged), Or the stuff they couldn't sell off their shelves.

It's pretty cool nonetheless.
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    I've found some amazing things at goodwill:awesome black dress boots,brand new clothes with all the tags on,Halloween costumes for much cheaper than costume shops.
  • Apryl546
    Options
    302451i.jpg
    4.99 purse, 14.99 purse, plus a .49 net sponge not shown in picture. = 20.47
    What I paid for all 3? $2
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Goodwill shopping! Just last week at the Elk River location I found a pair of Miss Me Jeans ( retails for $80-$120 ) for $2.99....Yay me! I got a cute Coach bag for $14.99....I find all sorts of great stuff..Would love to get a part time job there but I know I would put my whole paycheck right back in....:laugh:
  • Tippytoesk8er
    Options
    I have recently discovered some of my clothes from last year are a bit loose, so I definitely need to make a trip soon! Don't want to spend huge $$$ on new stuff in case I haven't permanently landed on the number I'm at now.