Any New Year's Resolutions? How're they goin?

Options
Just like Astrology, some believe and some dont, but just like horoscopes, i dig the philiosophy in it.

So did anyone make any New Years Resolutions?

Mine is to being stone cold sober all through 2012, after a year of using Wild Turkey like nyquil, and binge drinking for months @ a time since i was 14, im ready to get my head straight. Thanks to mfp and a nice friend ive made in the past 2 months, i got a ton of support.

I know its only Jan. 4th right now, but i got four days w/o drinking all night then drinking to cure the hangover @ 7am so i could goto work. Im feelin pretty stoked so far.

Hope u everyones enjoying the new year so far, if not, things will most likely get better :j

Replies

• takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Watching what I eat and drinking water are going good.
    Working every night going good. No meat, caffeine [blegh.], or sunflower seeds are going fine, too. Still booze/drug free.
    Must wait on quitting smoking, exercising two hours a day, and polyphasic sleep until Feburary first, when I'm fully healed from my hysto!

David, I will have a year off the bottle on 01.30; maybe we can be friends. I'll be here to support you. I'm proud of you! Four days is great!
  • JamesBC78
    JamesBC78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am trying not to think of it of a NY Resolution but rather a lifestyle change but I am just being healthy. Eating smaller portions and making better decisions about food. I am ordering veggies instead of fries or only eating half a sandwich instead of the whole thing. Plus I am doing some exercising but just small things at first like walking around my work building 3 times a day. It's only .5 a mile but it's so much more than I was doing before. I need to start small to form the habits and go from there.

So far so good!
  • sarablueskies
    sarablueskies Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    well, the first thing is to lose the 5 pounds i gained during the holidays! i can't say i really made any resolutions, it's stuff i'm always working on....move more, eat less, more greens, and focus on my art career. so far things are going well, but it's going to be a lot of work!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i would LOOOUUUVVVVE to keep my house and car CLEAN
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I made some little resolutions but they are more like ....quarterly resolutions? Subject to change as I improve!

Run 2x a week, at least 30 minutes. I want to do 3 but I figure 2 is something I can always achieve. Actually I want to do 2 days of intervals and 2 days of 30 minutes.

Strength 2x a week. I want to do 3 but I fail pretty hard at the self motivation.

I guess the one longer term resolution I have is around having a solid grasp on my food intake without being overly strict or letting myself eat out of control.

So far I'm doing good.

David, your 4 days (well, 5 now right?) is great!
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    My single resolution for the New Year is to stay off insulin! To do that, I joined here for the support (and access to the databases...LOL). Hearing from you all helps a lot! And, posting my exercising (even cleaning house counts!YAY) and daily intake makes me more aware of the decisions I make. So far, so good! The exercising and calorie watching has helped keep my blood sugar down! It is great to have the almost instant feedback from the glucose meter. And, as a great side effect, I am losing weight and I feel better, emotionally, physically and mentally. (I actually started my efforts about two weeks before Jan 1.)
  • takehimaway
    Options
    I relapsed on sunflower seeds. They are so good, and so high in protein, and I eat them all the time.. However, they don't work as good coming out as they do going in..
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Your blunt honesty is admirable and adorable. Could be worse man, but today's always a great time to start again.
  • takehimaway
    Options
    Your blunt honesty is admirable and adorable. Could be worse man, but today's always a great time to start again.

I try; it does turn a lot of girls and guys off, however. I did buy more today; the ammount of protein a cup or so of them has is comparable to a chicken breast or pork chop or some sort of meat cut thing.
  • MyCaptainRaydor
    Options
    My goal is to cut out processed sugar and make as much of my own food as possible. Green my life more than it already is. I agree with who ever said keeping my car and house clean!