Who are you?

Options
wifeyy
wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
hi my name is agnes
i am 28 years and married to a wonderful man for almost 2 years now.
but i always want to look for new ways to improve as a wife :-)

who are you?

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    My name is Rachel, am 27 and have been married for 1.5 years.

We just had our first baby 12 weeks ago, and I am a stay at home mom and wife now. I too am wanting to improve as a wife and better my marriage and our family life. I strongly believe that the happiness of a marriage has a lot to do with attitude.

I read an awesome book- it's called the Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I would highly recommend it. It's so good and really opened my eyes to some things. I actually have the audio book and listed to it whileI worked out.
  • lil_longhorn
    lil_longhorn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Vanessa. I'm 26 and happily married for 3 months. I'm still a newly wed, but we are loving every minute of it. Even though we dated for about 9 years before we got married it is still a new adventure for us. Especially since we didnt move in together until about 2 months before the wedding. I am always looking for ways to help improve our marriage and be an amazing wife. :smooched:
  • skpresley20
    skpresley20 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Sarah! I'm 21 yrs old and married to my husband for 8 months now. We had our baby April 8th, 1 month after we got married(March), and one month before my 21st birthday(May)! Looking to find ways to be supportive towards my husband as he works so hard to provide for us.
  • Lynnahmin
    Options
    Hi ladies, I am Lynn and I have been married for 3 years. We have two kids ages 4 and 2..... they are my exercise at this point! ha ha We are done having babies and I am ready to get back to me! I am a terrible late night (which, let's face it, it around 8pm these days) snacker and I need to get that under control. I am happy to find this group and I hope we can help each other out. :)
  • stacey_walley
    Options
    Hi I am stacey, my husband and I have just celebrated our first anniversary. we have a 6 month old son. I am a SAHM and I love everyday. I take good care of my husband and make sure every thing he wants is fulfilled, I just want to feel good to be on his arm. my husband is in very good shape without even trying and he has never said I NEEDED to lose weight but I see it sometimes in his eyes. so here I am working my butt off so I can be proud to be his wife. I am a former Air force member and my husband is still in the service, sometimes I wish I could go back in because I was my skinnest when I was in because they MAKE you workout.
  • newbride0312
    newbride0312 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Sherry. My husband and I were married March 12 of this year. I just celebrated my 29th birthday, realizing I am going into the last year of my 20's. 30 doesn't scare me, but there are some things I would like to change about myself.
    My husband and I are trying to lose weight and get fit together (we gained a bit of the weight falling in love over cooking gourmet meals).
    I'm trying to remember this is a journey, not a sprint as we are are less than 2 weeks into dieting/ changing the way we eat and he is already loosing inches.
  • BNUG
    BNUG Posts: 10
    Options
    hi, i'm Brittany. married on June 25th 2011. I am 20 years old. No children yet but I can't wait :) I want to feel pretty again, I want people to envy me and my husband.
  • elizabunny
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I'm Elizabeth, 26 years old and my husband and I were married on September 3, 2011. He is the best and I am such a lucky girl!

I had not been on birth control before, so I started Beyaz before the wedding. Well.... I kid you not, I have gained 20lbs in 3 months! I have not changed my eating habits nor excercise habits (this is only one of the lovely side effects I've experience, but that's a whole other soap box!). Needless to say, I've recently switched to Sprintec, so here's to hoping this will work with my body better. Unfortunately, I had weight I wanted to lose before putting on this extra, so now I have to diet. I hate feeling uncomfortable and self concious about my body, being a newlywed is not all about that!! lol

So anyway, here's to getting our bang back!

xoxo-
    Elizabeth
  • nroisland
    nroisland Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hello, just joined the group today and MFP a week or so agon?? Anyways, hello I've been married to the love of my life for 9 years now. We have 2 children, 1 girl that is 2 years old and a 9 month old son. Needless to say I am very busy and I am trying to get back in shape now that we are done procreating and everyday I try and be the best wife I can be (that doesn't always happen, but for some reason my husband still loves me). :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Hola,
    I'm Laura,29 and common law married(I hope that counts to ya'll!) to my best friend for 9 yrs. We've got two kidlets 7 and 2 and I'm a SAHM. I'm a total couch potato and I'm tired of lugging around these 30 lbs I gained while pregnant. I kid you not I breastfed for a year and the weight never moved. Totally sucked :(

I'm actually on Weight watchers but track my calories here just out of curiosity. But anyways,here I am! Add me if you want a buddy to chat and check in with. It's helped me stay accountable.
    ~Laura
  • starbucksbuzz
    starbucksbuzz Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    ^ As far as I'm concerned if it works for you it works for me. :wink:

I'm Megan - I got married in May of 2011 after dating / being engaged for 2 years. It's pretty awesome. I'm just looking to get super fit and in good training habits so when we do decide to have kids I'll be able to hopefully keep up a good routine through pregnancy and drop the baby weight quickly after. I know its thinking way ahead, but my mom ended up keeping a good bit of her baby weight from me and my brother and sister, and I don't want her shape after I have kids. (I know a lot of this stuff is genetic.)

As far as being a wife goes, I have this inner expectation of myself to be a sexy martha stewart, I kid you not. Sometimes I get stressed about not doing something as well as I expect myself to (say getting meals or cleaning or something of that nature) and Chris is like wha? everything's good!!
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm Tiffany. Married for 9 years to my soul-mate (they do exist) and best guy friend ever! I call him "hubbybuddy" and he makes me laugh and smile every single day! Well, at least 6 out of 7 days. We have a set of twin girls (also 9 yrs) and the four of us have a blast together as a really tight unit.

My goal as a wife is to become more nurturing and be seen as an oasis of comfort and peace he needs when he comes home each day (even though he actually arrives there and gets to relax 2 whole hrs before I do, haha).
  • sadye58
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm felicia I just joined the group today. My husband and i have been married for 4 years. We've been dating since i was 15 years old on and off again he was my high school sweetheart. I am so blessed to have him. I had my daughter last year and I am still packing on 25 of those pre pregnacy pounds. I'm looking forward to getting back to my old weight and feeling good about my self.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Bridget.

I'm 28 and have been married four years now. I love my husband so much and want to be a better wife! So here I am. :happy:
  • 226Days
    Options
    Hi, I'm Danielle.
    I just turned 21 about a month ago.
    My husband and I have been married almost 2 years.
    No kids but we'd love to have some in the future.

I'm excited to lose weight and be healthy for my family!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm DeDe. I'm 27 and I've been married to my husband for 2.5 years! I'm a stay at home wife looking for a job, and we have no children. :)
  • mrskellyray
    Options
    ^ As far as I'm concerned if it works for you it works for me. :wink:

I'm Megan - I got married in May of 2011 after dating / being engaged for 2 years. It's pretty awesome. I'm just looking to get super fit and in good training habits so when we do decide to have kids I'll be able to hopefully keep up a good routine through pregnancy and drop the baby weight quickly after. I know its thinking way ahead, but my mom ended up keeping a good bit of her baby weight from me and my brother and sister, and I don't want her shape after I have kids. (I know a lot of this stuff is genetic.)

As far as being a wife goes, I have this inner expectation of myself to be a sexy martha stewart, I kid you not. Sometimes I get stressed about not doing something as well as I expect myself to (say getting meals or cleaning or something of that nature) and Chris is like wha? everything's good!!

haha i read this and totally reminded me of myself! I got married in May 2010, and thinking about the pregnancy weight/after baby even though it's still way in the future!

I am also wanting to be the sexy martha stewart, and my husband is the exact same way as yours. I could be so upset at myself for not doing anything right, and he is like, you're perfect. you're doing great! haha our wonderful husbands!

Anyway, I'm 22, a nanny to 4 month old twins, and I have Innapropriate sinus tachycardia, which is a heart condition that my heart beats way faster than it should. It took a long time, but I finally found pills that control it. I gained 15 pounds in the 2 months of this going uncontrolled, because I could literally do nothing without my heart spiking to 150. It was awful.

After that health scare, I was determined to get into the best shape of my life so I can be healthy for my family. I don't want to be an overweight wife/mommy! I have lost 10 pounds and have 30 more!

Look forward to getting to know you all better!
  • MzMcKenzie
    MzMcKenzie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! My name is Meka and I am 32 years of age. I just got married September 25, 2011 and I have already gained 10 pounds! I love being married but it was easier staying on track with food and exercise when I lived alone. I hope to get these wedding celebration pounds off by the end of January.
  • tigressmomof5
    tigressmomof5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello all, and happy 2012! My name is JaNette, I am 38years old and have been married to my husband for 8 years (12-12-2003) and together for almost 9 1/2 years (7-9-2002) and plan on getting remarried on 7-14-12. I have 3 children from a previous relationship, he has 2 from a previous relationship and then we have 2 children together for a total of 7 kids. I am hoping to get at least 50lbs gone before we get remarried. I try to do what ever I can to be a good wife for him. :-)
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michelle. I am 22 and I've been married..oh! well, it'll be 3 years next Tuesday! I am a SAHM of an 18month old little boy and expecting another baby boy in about 4.5 weeks. I'll look forward to getting to know each of you and working on goals together.