First day back after Christmas break

Options
I am so glad I got my run in before we started school today. I forgot how hard it was to get back in the groove after an extended break. The school aged kids are doing great, but the littles have forgot what to do during school. I am looking forward to nap time!

Replies

• HisBeachgirl
    HisBeachgirl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Today was our first day back as well! Oh my was it hard. Everyone got so used to "free time" all day that there were too many reminders to settle down and focus on their work. Unfortunately I had to reteach how to divide by a decimal to my oldest. I was really shocked when our public schooled neighbor kid came knocking on our door at 1pm to see if my child could play. Usually she's sitting around waiting for HIM to get home. Guess they're not back yet.

But, we are done! And tomorrow should be easier. I too am so glad that I got my work out in before we started. But I either need to get up earlier (I really don't want to) or we need to push school start time back (don't wanna do that either) so I can get a shower in before we start!
  • MrsJones98
    Options
    Today is our first day back and we're still eating breakfast. We're all on an earlier routine (including the about-to-be-worked-to-death DH - who absolutely hates mornings!) so we're in a minor fog...but I think it will be a good day back. It's next week I dread, when all the fun of "new" has worn off!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is our first day back! Sigh, lol
  • Jessiejla80
    Jessiejla80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Today was our first day back to "normal"! I love routine!
  • chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We started back yesterday. It was a bit rough, but today was better. Personally I love routine, so I am relieved that their break is over.
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Our first two days of home school went well. We just need to work on routines and figuring out what gets logged where, LOL!! I'm having fun and I think she thinks it's fine. But I just read MrsJones' post...

It's next week I dread, when all the fun of "new" has worn off!

AGGGGGGGG!! I never even thought of that!!! :sad: