TurboFire Round beginning 1/1/12 (or around then!)

Options
2»

Replies

• Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I would like to have that grocery list if anyone has it :) Today is my rest day, but i think i'm going to do at least the stretch 10 course and probably run on the treadmill for a little while. I'm feeling tight and sore today.
  • jilphi
    jilphi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just joined myfitnesspal today thanks to my sister in law and am happy that I found this turbofire group. I bought Turbofire in the fall and used it off and on until now when I intend to GET SERIOUS! I used turbojam for a long time and also completed a cycle of Chalean Extreme. I had good results with both programs. I have set a goal to lose 10 lbs by March 31. We moved a few years ago and I lost my work out partner. Then started a new business and was drowning in responsibilities. Finally feel like I am really, truly ready to get back in excellent shape. I am curious to know what you enter for exercise in the exercise log. I used the high impact aerobics selection since there wasn't one specifically for Turbofire.

Jill
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I just joined myfitnesspal today thanks to my sister in law and am happy that I found this turbofire group. I bought Turbofire in the fall and used it off and on until now when I intend to GET SERIOUS! I used turbojam for a long time and also completed a cycle of Chalean Extreme. I had good results with both programs. I have set a goal to lose 10 lbs by March 31. We moved a few years ago and I lost my work out partner. Then started a new business and was drowning in responsibilities. Finally feel like I am really, truly ready to get back in excellent shape. I am curious to know what you enter for exercise in the exercise log. I used the high impact aerobics selection since there wasn't one specifically for Turbofire.

Jill

Welcome Jill! It sounds like you are a Chalene junky - like the rest of us! I totally recommend doing the full round of TurboFire - losing 10 lbs by March should be breeze with TF and a good diet! I did Fire 55 yesterday and per my HRM, I burned 580 calories - I'm 5'5, 120 lbs. Before the HRM, I logged in Kickboxing for my TF workouts. Check that one out. I also love love love CHX - I was doing a TF/CHX hybrid in Dec - and now I've detoured to P90X2 for a change of pace - still throwing some TF in for extra cardio though. :--)
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am still waiting for my turbofire to arrive in the mail - I hope it comes today - I would like to start soon - just wondering how everyone is doing with the program - I am hearing it is a difficult video and some people get discouraged - I don't want that to happen to me!! Would love to hear from others - take care!

Jen
  • drbaska
    Options
    Hi everyone - I am still waiting for my turbofire to arrive in the mail - I hope it comes today - I would like to start soon - just wondering how everyone is doing with the program - I am hearing it is a difficult video and some people get discouraged - I don't want that to happen to me!! Would love to hear from others - take care!

Jen

Jen have you been working out prior to TurboFire? It is fast and intense, but completely doable. There is a Prep Schedule which is good to follow if you need to build your endurance up, and there is a New to Class option on the DVDs that breaks down the routines. I won't lie - it will take a few repetitions of the DVDs before you really get the routines enough to really focus on your technique, but they are so fun and so effective. Burn baby Burn!! Good luck!
  • ERnurse
    Options
    So still waiting for my DVD's to come in the mail - I sure hope they get here soon - just wanted to ask a piece of advice - I am going on vacation to Bahamas next week for 4 days - there is likely no dieting happening and exercise will be walking and swimming in the ocean (i like to play in the waves) should I start my Turbofire when I get back (that is if it comes finally) - or start it before I go away? - thanks ladies - take care.

Jen
  • drbaska
    Options
    So still waiting for my DVD's to come in the mail - I sure hope they get here soon - just wanted to ask a piece of advice - I am going on vacation to Bahamas next week for 4 days - there is likely no dieting happening and exercise will be walking and swimming in the ocean (i like to play in the waves) should I start my Turbofire when I get back (that is if it comes finally) - or start it before I go away? - thanks ladies - take care.

Jen
    [/quote

You know Jen, I think I'd start when I got back - unless you just want to do some of the workouts, and then start afresh. No point putting that pressure on yourself when you know you will be interrupted. Where are you going in the Bahamas? I'm going to Atlantis in March - won a Beachbody incentive trip. Woot!!!
  • ERnurse
    Options
    We are going to Paradise Island too - not Atlantis though - I think we will be visiting it one evening as it is free to see the aquarium after 6pm - I got the DVD's today so I am going to start the first one tomorrow - I don't want to put anything off :) Congrats on winning the trip - it looks amazing and I will have lots of pics :D
  • ERnurse
    Options
    Wow - okay so I did my very first Turbofire video today - Fire 30 class - I managed to do 17 minutes (yay me) - I loved the video - and even my parrot hooted and hollered while I was doing the work-out :D I am feeling encouraged - I may even re-incorporate going to the gym again to mix things up :)
  • drbaska
    Options
    Wow - okay so I did my very first Turbofire video today - Fire 30 class - I managed to do 17 minutes (yay me) - I loved the video - and even my parrot hooted and hollered while I was doing the work-out :D I am feeling encouraged - I may even re-incorporate going to the gym again to mix things up :)

LOL! I think mixing your workouts up is a good idea - keeps you interested and keeps your body metabolism really on fire. I would wait til you had done at least a week or 2 of the TF program - just to get thru all the workouts :-)
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Way to go on starting TF!!!! My workout pal and I love it so much that we throw it in as a bonus when we can in in addition to our Chalean Extreme workouts since they have minimal cardio!

What's your favorite workout so far? I LOOOOVVVVEEE Fire 45!!!!
  • ERnurse
    Options
    Got back from holidays and ramped things up starting today. Did the fired up 30 min DVD today - tomorrow is HIIT 15 - I am finding the routines sometimes hard to follow but I just keep moving and hope that eventually I will figure it all out LOL
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    Got back from holidays and ramped things up starting today. Did the fired up 30 min DVD today - tomorrow is HIIT 15 - I am finding the routines sometimes hard to follow but I just keep moving and hope that eventually I will figure it all out LOL

Hi! welcome back from holidays :) about TF is perfectly normal to be a little uncoordinated during the first weeks... You need to understand the moves and the fact they go right and then left side.
    I started it and the first weeks i was so confused with steps, i was not an aerobic dancer at all... but now i've understand and learn the steps and it's so easy to follow. It's a great way to burn cal and sweat, i love the kicks moves, they make me so proud of my workout :-)
  • ERnurse
    Options
    I have been working out several times this week to the Fire 30 DVD - I am getting better at the routines - I think it will take time but I enjoy it alot!!
  • jmeriano
    Options
    hey all! so glad I found this group! I love TurboFire and have had success with it. Today I am getting ready to do HIIT 25 then sculpt 30.

Anyone get the Advanced DVDs with their set?
  • jmeriano
    Options
    I love TurboFire! It has really kicked my weight loss into high gear! I wish you guys all the best with it!
  • drbaska
    Options
    I have been working out several times this week to the Fire 30 DVD - I am getting better at the routines - I think it will take time but I enjoy it alot!!

It definitely takes time to catch on, but when you do, you will be reallly burning and toning! Glad you're liking it!!
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I am looking for other friend that are loving Turbo Fire please feel free to add me.
  • carrnicki
    carrnicki Posts: 3
    Options
    I LOVE Turbo Fire! Chalene is so motivating and so are the songs! It is the only workout I've been able to stick to! I did it for a while and lost weight, but then I kind of slacked off (Mexico Trip was motivation...and then we came back to reality). So, I just started up again about 3 weeks ago. The workouts have been great, but I've had trouble with the food thing! Keeping track of the calories consumed/burned has seemed to help, so I'm working on it...slow but sure! I would like to lose 15 pounds by the end of August! It's a lot to lose, but I know if I stick to my guns, I can do it!

I love to read your stories as well! Thanks for posting everyone!:smile:
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    It can be challenging at first with the foot work...watch the new to class it breaks down the workouts. If my steps messed up I just kept moving and had fun. The music and energy is awesome you will love - it was one of my favorite workouts ever! Add me as a friend if you have questions or motivation - enjoy!!!