Please introduce yourselves

Options
Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us your weight loss goals.

Hi, I'm a mother of two and SAHM wife. I'm looking to lose 79lbs. :happy:

Replies

• Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Name: Fran
    I am 32 yrs old
    My Start Weight was 198 Dec 5th, 2011
    My Current is 186
    My Goal is 150 by April- May 2012.
    I got to the gym at 6am till about 730 am
    My calorie intake is about 1200
  • granolagrl85
    Options
    I'm a new LPN, student, mommy to a 5 yr old, and depressed overweight 26 yr old.

I weigh 200lbs and I'd like to get to 120 and see if I want to lose weight. My goal is to ultimately be healthy, I don't want to be skinny so I don't know what I want to weigh.

I do some light exercising at home because I'm too embarassed to go to a gym. I eat 1200 calories.
  • sciencemaestra
    Options
    My name is Danielle. I have a 4yr old daughter. I just got my teaching certificate and will finish my Masters in May. I am hoping to lose 25- 30 lbs and am hoping that this site will help
  • mellowyellowof4
    Options
    My name is Rose and mother of 4..13,11,9, and 4
    41 yrs old- (after adding you all I think so far I am the oldest which I don't like:)
    battling with 20-30lbs since early 20's.must have lost and gained it back at least 8X!
    This time around trying to lose 25 lbs and once again trying to keep it off.
    lifetime member of WW but over my weight right now..want to get back to meetings but going to start with
    this, getting 30 min of exercise in, tracking etc...
    biggest struggle is having to cook for all these kids and a hungry husband..finding healthy options that we all like that don't break the bank....
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    My name is Rachel. I am a single mom working at home.
    My current weight is 216
    Goal is 150.

My biggest issues are drinking water and night time snacking, but owning up to it on here helps!
  • lisag53
    Options
    I'm Lisa. I'm 29 and I just had my second son in October. I am looking to loose about 26 lbs and get toned up. I'm not great with tracking everything on here because frankly it's a lot of work, but I do work out every day and I'm totally committed to getting my old body back. I will be a great motivator and encourager if you want to become friends. I accept everyone. :)

Current weight 151
    Goal weight 125
  • crisco29
    Options
    Name- Rachel
    I have 2 children and a great husband. Work Full-time
    My goal is to lose 41 pounds to get to 120. I was 100 pounds when I got married 8 years ago. But I am healthiest at 120!
  • shortykrn
    Options
    Name: Karen
    Height: 5"
    Weight: 120 (started 122)
    Goal: Dream goal 110 but ideally I'd be happy with 115.
    I know it's not a lot of weight, but it makes a big difference on me because I'm so short. I don't carry my weight well. I'm a stay at home mom and have a 3 year old DS.
  • cheekymommy
    Options
    My name is Ayana. I have an 8 month old son. I am currently a SAHM. I am trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight so I have 30 pounds to lose.
  • Fluffy_girl
    Fluffy_girl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm brieanne (Im_super_mom on bbc). I'm a 26 yo SAHM to a 17 yo dsd 4 yo ds 2 yo ds and 7 month old dd. I married my DH may 1 2010.
    my starting weight was 260, I'm currently 255. My highest weight was 275. I'm 5'2" with a small frame. My goal is to get to 120 by Christmas 2013. I'm eating 1320 cals/day and doing various workouts at home--walking, 30ds, yoga, wii, etc. I'm too embarrassed to join a gym so I'm trying to do it on my own.
    I have severe anxiety, depression, binge eating and asthma. I know losing weight would dramatically improve my quality of life. I previously lost 40+ lbs on diet pills but gained it back when I got pregnant with ods.
    Sorry for typos I'm on my phone.
  • kerryanne7
    Options
    Name: Kerry
    Height: 5'7
    Starting weight: 215 as of Dec 30, 2011
    Goal Weight: 175, my ultimate goal weight is 150 but that seems too daunting right now so my first target goal is 175. I hope to be there by Sept 1, 2012.

I have hit the point where I really feel crappy about how I look and want to finally do something about it. I want to set a good example for my kids in eating and being healthy and I want to feel better about myself.

I work at a desk job and find that I snack a lot at work so I am working hard to cut that out, and drink enough water.
  • rasnider
    rasnider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Rachel I am almost 30 and weigh more than I ever have (not being preg) I have set several small goals in 2 months I want to lose 10 by 4 monhts 15-20 by 6 months I should be 30 pounds less. Basicly I am setting monthly goals and the long term goal that I am going to reach is losing 60-70lbs. So far after 10 days I have lost 6lbs so I am on track. I do Zumba almost every day and if I don't then I am cranky. I'm ready for spring weather so I can start walking 4 miles again. I hate walking on my treadmil. Thanks for starting the group and I LOVE myfitnesspal and how I can track everything easily! Rach
  • regina_sue
    regina_sue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Name: Regina
    Starting weight: 295

My short term goal is to get to 250, but I would love to get down to 175 eventually. I have been walking on the treadmill and doing the 30 day shred video at home for exercise right now. I am a mother to 2 boys, ages 11 and 12. My biggest problem right now is trying to break the eating out habit. I feel like we are constantly going places and it is just easy to pick up food between activities.
  • goldrings
    Options
    My name is Miranda - I have two kids, and I work full time. I just graduated college in December.

I currently weigh 144 and would like to weigh 130. My heighest weight (while not pregnant) was 178 almost 6 years ago. I have been losing and gaining the same 5-7 lbs over the last year. I fluctuate between 139 & 146, which I think is where my body would like to stay, but I'm still a size 10 and that doesn't make me happy. Honestly, I stay chubby because my SO has an insane metabolism and can eat whatever he wants and never gain an ounce. So I eat with him, but I gain - ugh!
  • Suzy_Mc4
    Options
    I have 4 children 14, 14, 10, and 7. I was a SAHM, but now that all of them have started school I have started working again. I only work during school hours, so it has been wonderful. I am currently at my highest weight and actually feel pretty hopeless about it. I am really hoping joining this group and having "friends" to help me along will work.
    I would like to lose 90 pounds, but would be happy with about 60.
    Please add me if you would like more friends.
  • Rainbowsong
    Options
    Name: Mindy
    Age 35
    Height: 5'2
    Weight: 175

I'm a SAHM to 5 kids...15, 6, 4, and 3 year old twins. My dh is self employed and drives a semi over the road. Because he isn't home, I don't have access to a gym. I live in a small town and all we have is Curves and a Zumba class, but neither has daycare. I will try and do as much exercise in the house as I can like jogging in place, sit ups, push ups, etc. My goal is to lose 45 lbs and get down to 130. We'll see what happens after that if I do reach my goal. I have never dieted and never exercised to tone up and/or lose weight, so this is a brand new journey for me. My highest weight was 215 lbs about 7 years ago. I had untreated Graves Disease for many years (hyperthyroidism) which allowed me to lose weight effortlessly and I relied on that, as unhealthy as it sounds. I finally had my thyroid removed in 2009 and the pounds have started to pile back on. I hate the way I look and the way I feel, but I've been too lazy to do anything about it. I have a couple of facebook friends that have been working on their weight and after reading their journey and my dh encouraging me, I decided to take the first step to working on losing weight. My dh is also a member of MFP because he is overweight and the health issues are slowly creeping up on him. Anyway, good luck to everyone!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I learned from BBC that it's not a good idea to hand out my personal information, so you can call me Al (you know, like the song, LOL!).
    Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 130

I have a September 2009 toddler. I work full time and have a hobby job as a bodystep and bodypump instructor. I live in Charlotte, NC. My highest weight was wile pregnant when I topped off at just over 200 pounds. I was 160 when I joined mfp my lowest was just before Thanksgiving at 123, now I'm trying to add some really nice muscle!
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi

My name is jenni. I have about 35 lbs to lose.
    I have a 1y/o DD and 11dss

Tommorow is my bday I'll be 32

I am currently Turbo fire and hot yoga
    :heart:
  • hcallaghan
    hcallaghan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Heather, I am 29 and a working mom of 2. I just had my second baby in Nov. I had been working on losing weight when I got pregnant. Current weight is 190 lbs. Not sure what my goal is but something less than 190 lol :) Using this site I was down to 175 before. I think I'd like to get to 150 and see how that feels :) I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding in June so my goal is not to be the huge fatty with the tent dress!

I'm anxious to get started on the 30 day shred again but since I just came back to work from maternity leave I'm struggling to get into a routine. Anyone want to start a shred group?
  • i am amanda, sahm to 3 boys, 5yrs old, 3yrs old and 7 months. i started back in september weighing 315, i now weigh 265, trying to get that 65 lbs off and see 200lbs, then once i get there i will set a goal at 190, then 180, etc, trying to set small little goals so i dont get overwhelmed thinking about a big picture.

at 265 my goal is to see 250 almost there.

i am doing low carb right now and on day 5 and loving it the first 3 days were horrible and hard but now it is getting so easy. also just trying to remember to drink plenty of water. as most of you can see i pretty much live at the gym but i started hating it at first now if i miss a day i feel like **** about my self, but i tell myself i need to 2 days to relaxtion, so today i stay home from the gym but tomorrow i go right back, then sunday i stay home and hang with the family.