Breakfast Ideas

Options
AJones1021
AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
Morning Girls!

I need some ideas for quick-but-decent breakfasts. I am up and out of the house before DS or DH wake up, so I typically carry it with me and eat when I get to work. So, portable would be a plus.

This AM I had a yogurt and a tangerine, which was good. I'm not a huge breakfast fan in the first place, but I know it's essential!

Replies

• tara_lynne12
    Options
    I do the Zone perfect bars or Luna bars if I need something portable. This morning (and yesterday) I did the weight loss oatmeal but that was my last packet. Tomorrow will be (my free) Fiberone cereal and almond milk but I don't work on Fridays. HTH!
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I plan ahead, I've noticed it's way easier in the mornings. So I usually plan my breakfasts the night before, so I don't grab something I shouldn't if I'm running low on time.

When I make oatmeal, I make enough for 4 days. I portion it out & put it in the fridge so I can just grab, heat & go. I add walnuts & raisins to bulk it up even more, and it keeps me satisfied for hours.
    I like smoothies too. Fruit, raw spinach, yogurt, ice and blend. Sometimes I'll add protein powder or flax oil to up the health benefits. You obviously don't have to add the spinach, but you truly can't taste it when paired with frozen strawberries or blueberries.
    English muffin with almond butter & strawberry preserves.
    You could make muffins, granola bars or even pancakes ahead of time, for a quick, portable breakfast.
    Breakfast burrito, you could freeze a batch ahead of time also.
    Hard boiled eggs.

HTH!
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    I don't like fruit or yogurt or oatmeal so breakfast and a lot of snacks are hard for me. For breakfast I've been doing an egg or two and a piece of cinnamon toast. I picked up some Lean Pockets Bacon, Egg and Cheese pockets today. I also like the Jimmy Dean's D-lights Ham, Egg, Potato and Cheese bowl. All of these are under 300 calories so it's a good start for me. I need to eat things that will fill me up and between the protein and carbs in these it's been working pretty good so far. Granted I've only been doing this since Sunday. I know for me it needs to be quick and easy so that's why I have the Lean Pockets and Jimmy Deans for the days that are rushed.
  • trevorandmjmom
    trevorandmjmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On Sunday nights I make little breakfast egg cups. I use a cupcake pan and line the bottoms with pie crust dough- bake for 10 mins and then add eggs, ham and veggies and cook for another 20 mins. Then I have b-fast made for the whole week!
  • AngieWin
    Options
    Another one for making it ahead! I make breakfast burritos ahead and freeze them. From frozen, I heat on medium for 2 1/2 minutes and eat on the way :) I found it is also easier to keep my water bottle in the fridge and grab it to go so the water is ready and cold and one less thing to do in the morning :)
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am loving all these ideas! Thanks a bunch!!! I always have breakfast made ahead and frozen for DS, not sure why I never thought to do it for myself! D'oh!
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast!! I think protein is key, keeps you fuller longer and helps control weight when you eat a high protein breakfast (so they say)
    I am an egg fanatic- I really need to cut out some yolks though. But I do an egg and a piece of fruit and usually half a bagel or a slice of wheat toast. I'm weird and can't eat eggs w/o bread of some sort!

Hard boiled eggs are my weakness- and it's not bad if I would just toss the yolk, but they are SO good! Willpower is my downfall.
  • tara_lynne12
    Options
    Jen, Don't toss out the yolks from your eggs. They have choline in them which helps prevent breast cancer. I holler ay my mom all the time because she doesn't eat the yolks. Her mother had one of her breasts remove due to breast cancer. I always eat the yolk.
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Jen, Don't toss out the yolks from your eggs. They have choline in them which helps prevent breast cancer. I holler ay my mom all the time because she doesn't eat the yolks. Her mother had one of her breasts remove due to breast cancer. I always eat the yolk.

Tara- I know, but I could eat like 5 hard boiled eggs a day! That's a lot of yolk and they are high in cholesterol (which I have not had mine checked and don't even know if I have a problem!:noway: ) But good to know I'm helping the boobies!! :bigsmile:

Good and bad with everything- just have to keep in mind to do things in moderation, maybe I could eat 2 of my 5 egg yolks a day- ha ha!!!
  • KPKoze
    KPKoze Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    On the go foods:
    I put 1/2 C. regular oats in a ziploc + 3/4 C. water and microwave in the bag (put it in a bowl to keep it upright). Add a little sugar (or not), zip and cool. Cut tip off baggie, eat in car.
    Hardboiled eggs- the yolks are very good for you, I eat them too :), 80 calories as a whole, protein and choline. Eat it all!
    I do Zone Perfect or Luna bars too (because they're the two I can get free w/ q most times)
    Bananas
    Pre-made breakfast sandwiches (bagel thins or low cal english muffin, low cal cheese, scrambled egg patty, turkey bacon)
    Cold pizza (healthy version of course!!!!!!)
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Another egg lover in Kristi! Well I hear you, you can't beat that for 80 calories- and so compact and easy to eat..........man I'm craving one now but ate like 15 yesterday and don't have any more.
  • myspiral
    myspiral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hungrygirl.com has lot of "egg cup" ideas, as well as other breakfast ideas.

I like old fashioned oatmeal with canned pumpkin. I add almost double the water, sometimes some almond milk.
  • Treadababy
    Options
    I ran out to my backyard...Grabbed two grapefruits. I Love Grapefruit. (My Puppy wanted me to throw the ball!!!! Throw the ball!!!! Umm....Maximus....It is a grapefruiit! Geeeez.....)
  • kennabelle31
    Options
    I'm doing protein powder shakes.

8oz low fat milk, 1T Peanut Butter, 1 scoop Protein Powder (van or choc), 1/2 a banana & a few ice cubes blended together

or

8oz Orange Juice, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder & a few ice cubes blended together