Introduce yourself

Options
mbmorse1011
mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
Well HI group!

I wanted to start this group so we could send notes of encouragement to others because it feels so good to get a piece of actual mail rather then an email (we might keep the post office in business haha).

Tell a little bit about yourself
What your goal is
What you struggle with
What is your favorite food
What is your favorite color
Do you collect anything
One 2012 fitness/nutrition goal

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I thought this was a really good idea for a group...thanks for creating it!!
    About me:
    My name is Monica, I'm married and have 2 children...not so little anymore...they are 15 and 21. We live in a small town in Texas.
    I am trying to lose the last nine or so pounds to get down to my goal weight of 133 lbs...almost there, but I did fall off the wagon a little bit during the holidays. Trying my best to get my mojo back!!
    My biggest struggle is to get in my daily water intake of at least 64 oz, but I am making it a habit now to carry my water bottle around with me everywhere i go....it has really helped a lot!
    My favorite color is black....I love any type of western, or Texas motif.....
    Anyway...I would love to make new friends and get to know some of you!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to!! =]
  • rosyredxd
    rosyredxd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Rosie,

I have been trying to loose weight my whole life, I succeeded 10 years ago by loosing 40 pounds. Since then the pounds have crept slowly up and have gained now about 70. I am up 223 and am ready to get my discipline back. I am single and have 3 dogs and 2 cats..... enough said! :) I just re-joined MFP today and i am ready to start this journey to a more healthy and exciting life. My favorite food changes all the time but right now its sushi and Pho a veitnamese noodle soup. Favorite color is color!!! I love to decorate my house. I dont really collect anything. I want to run a 5k for breast cancer awarness for my Aunt and my cousins and all the people that have suffered from cancer.
  • Prek2005
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Vanessa, and I live in a small town in East Texas with my husband of 16 years. I currently weight 215 pounds, and is hoping to lose 50 pounds by the end of 2012. The thing I struggle with the most is my weight because from the pass year I have been trying to lose 15 pounds and I'm still stuck at 215 (yuck)!! My favorite food believe it or not is potato salad. My favorite color is light blue. I'm really not a collector of anything. My one and only 2012 fitness/ nutrtional goal is to live a healthy lifestyle.
  • SBelle83
    SBelle83 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Shauna, I am mother to a 2 year old living in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Been really struggling with getting under 190lbs. since I was 16. I lost 25 lbs. this year and hope to, at the least, lose another 25 in 2012. My weight right now has been hanging around 205 for the past couple of weeks, so I gotta up the ante on the workouts. I struggle drinking water. I rarely drink plain water, I usually add crystal light to all water I drink. And, I need my morning coffee with cream and twin sugar every day even though caffeine wrecks havoc on my nerves. My favorite food right now is Thinsations Chocolate covered pretzels, so good!! My favorite color is red. I collect coupons with the intention of using them, but 90% of the time I forget to bring them when I go shopping. ;) One nutrition goal for 2012 is to eat more vegetables/fruits and start running.
  • VeganDawn
    VeganDawn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hi my names Catherine, it would be great to be in a really supportive kind group, i'm a university student, my goal is to feel healthy, lose at 30kgs, and be more confident. it feels really hard at the moment and I struggle with isolation and lack of understanding from others in this process.
    fav food is anything vegan, collect too many things lol and next year I want to eat very little processed foods, and hit the gym least 2-5 times a week. and it would be really nice to meet some new friends in this group.:flowerforyou:
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    What an awesome idea for a group!

I am 44 years old and I am just starting to get into fitness. I currently walk and I try to walk for 2 hours a day. In Jan., I am going to join the local YMCA and get fit. I am currently (trying) to work out to the DVDs that I have. I am new here and weighed 195 when I joined. I am going to get down to 135 by December 2012. I try to grab fruit to eat when I want something sweet because I struggled with ice cream and chocolate. My favorite foods are ice cream and chocolate - not foods, junk! :) My favorite color is blue. I now like to cook healthy receipes (sp?) and I like to collect those. I also like angels and I am slowly collecting various things that are "angel." As I mentioned above, I would like to get down to 135 by December 2012. Also as I mentioned before, I would like to tone up too! :)
  • ConquistadorofLife
    Options
    hey guys loven the group idea!!

Tell a little bit about yourself: Alright, so my name is Monique, i am 23, and have 1000things planed for my life, i just want to do it all you know? I find i use my weight as an excuse too much, i have so many issues in my head that that use the weight to hide behind. I dont know what i am in Pounds but i weight alot in Kgs haha, i Am super bubbly but you know, only show that side of me when i have a pretty screen and a perfectly shot Desplay picture to hide behind, cant wait to help you guys out!
    What your goal is: just be happy and get around my town and life with out feeeling likei am dying.
    What you struggle with setting my self a routine
    What is your favorite food: oh damn just one? chips/chrisps what ever type
    What is your favorite color ORNAGE!!
    Do you collect anything : pictures, stories, i want o be an author,
    One 2012 fitness/nutrition goal get a routine and lose some pounds
  • Valwash
    Options
    Hi! =]
    Tell a little bit about yourself Well my name is Val! Ive lost overall about 60 pounds but i gained about 8 pounds back over these holidays gah! My goal wieght is to be 155 but Im @ 172. Ive deff been struggling with hanging with friends and un supportive family! My friends/associates seem to look down on me when I choose to eat a salad and often pick on me for just that so Ive ended up settling to eat w.e they eat when we all hang out. I feel like thats really been why Ive gained some wieght back because Im eating late eating tons of carbs and slacking in the excersize department and all my mom wants to do is go grocery shopping and bring home sweets! gah so Im asking for some encouragement and support through internet community! Never thought there would be such great inspiration online but there really is! My fav food is tilapia or salmon cooked however except fried lol and right now oatmeal. Fav color is ocean blue color and black. I collect alot of cultural jewlery love em! My 2012 nuturion goal is to come into the new year prepared, by saying that With these last couple of days left of 2011 I wanna end the on the right track so I can already set my self up for a comeback! and to hopefully be 155! =]
  • mbmorse1011
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Well I guess I should do this since I created the group huh?

My name is Mary Beth, I am 29. Last Oct I moved to Indiana with my Boyfriend (for his job). Originally I am from Wisconsin. I don't know a lot of people here, pretty much just the people I work with. So I thought last year I'd join a fitness place and meet some people. I haven't really met all that many, hard to talk while you are doing Zumba but I have learned so many other things.

My goal: Is a big one. Losing over 100lb I belive it will be about 110 when I'm all said and done. At that point I will weight the lowest I have since I can remember. I was at a conference last year and noticed all the over weight people and then I noticed myself that I was one of them. I want to be able to go and run if I want to (hahah never thought I'd say that) and some day when I get married and have kids be the "Hot" Mom. HAHA

I haven't had this issue yet this time but usually it is consitancy. I stick with it for a while and then fall off. Realize that I need to do better I start back up again but never with the same vim and vigor. I'm going on 5 full months now of eating healthy and exercising. I don't want to fall off this train come winter.

Favorite food like many of you it is hard to choose just one. So I'll pick one that I'm missing right now that I haven't allowed myself to have. Pizza. I'll have a slice of a frozen one if the BF makes one but I haven't been out for pizza or ordered in pizza in 5 months. Yesterday at work we went to lunch at a pizza place...............I had a salad. Oooh so difficult.

Favorite color is purple even though my sister says its black/grey because thats all I have in my closet.

I guess I collect stuff for stamping and scrapbooking. I have a ton but never really do anything with it. Hopefully this will be an outlet for me that I can send some of you my beautiful cards.

I have a whole list of fitness/nutrition goals that I'll be posting on my blog before the start of the new year. Some are simple (drink 10+ glasses of water a day) other are harder (150 pushups the "real" way a week)

Currently my boyfriend has not jumped on the fitness wagon. He used to be a runner of sorts but the last 5-8 years he really hasn't stuck with it and continued to drink beer :drinker: haha so you know what that means. He asked for a salad the other night so that is encouraging. I guess thast another GOAL for this year.

I'm excited that so many of you think this is a great idea. I'll be trying to put something together by the first of the year for our first RAC. I guess it depends on how big of a group we get.

WOW that was long lol!
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tell a little bit about yourself: My name is Liana. I'm from a small town in Ontario, Canada. I live with my boyfriend and my cat. I'm a pretty lazy person so I'm trying to get more active. I'm a fan of food but lately I've been trying to get into healthier options.
    What your goal is: I wanted to lose the 10-15 pounds that I've gained since graduating college.
    What you struggle with: A lot of people that I know eat junk food. It's hard to eat healthy with chocolates and candies being everywhere I go. The biggest problem I have is when I go out to eat it's usually with my mom or my boyfriend and they are the unhealtiest people that I know. And they like to share their food with me. Even if I try to eat healthy something will happen that will make me "fall off the wagon" such as the holidays or birthdays. After that it's hard to get back on.
    What is your favorite food: Pasta. There's so many ways you can eat it.
    What is your favorite color: Green.
    Do you collect anything: I don't really collect anything but I read a lot. So in a way I guess I collect books.
    One 2012 fitness/nutrition goal: Eat healthier.
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Ginger Beck. I live in Gladstone, MI. I moved here in about 2002 after a failed relationship. While I love it here it's easy to suffer from seasonal depression. Which I do except I suffer from it mostly in the summer. I moved here From Henderson, NV and I enjoy the snow but the humid heat in summer kills me. I struggle from lack of motivation mostly. I tend to enjoy sitting around all day playing games with my friends in the upstairs apartment. I love them dearly but I have recently found out I really don't think I can count on them for motivation. I see them roll their eyes every time I tell them I'm trying yet again to loose weight. My favorite food is sadly almost anything with sugar lol which is why I am trying the SOS diet. I read the book and realized I have a sugar problem and with my mom being a diabetic I think it safer I learn to control it now before I too end up with diabetes or anything else. My favorite color is silver and I collect unicorns and panda bears. My goal is simple. I want to cut out all the sugar and loos weight. I have in the past lost about 40 pounds. However when I did so I was in a bad relationship and the only way I had to express my feelings was to use my Wii. Things have changed for the better but now I'm suffering from depression and frustration at hitting a spot that no matter what I do I can't get below 220. That is why I'm trying this no sugar thing as a recommendation from my DR. (it only took 3 Dr's to find one willing to do more than simply telling me to eat less or healthier) All of which I'd already tried. I'm stubborn and refuse to have some sort of surgery done to help me. I got this way on my own I will loose it the same way. and I'm terrified of surgery's. LOL I've had a few in my life and every time it's torture for me. Ok before I ramble everyone's ears /eyes off LOL I'll leave it here by saying what a great idea for a group! :)
  • Hey there:) I'm one of the youngsters on here. My name's Emma and I've struggled with my weight all my life, and starting developing Binge Eating Disorder, along with depression, and Self Injury. Now that I'm better and happier in my thoughts, i want it to reflect thee outside to, and i'm working to get healthy.

I've tried this so many times before, but i ALWAYS fall of the wagon :( I really think this could help motivate me.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!

My name is Kyle and I am 18 years old in college. I play club rugby at the college and I am a major in Psychology. I have a lovely boyfriend that loves me for who I am but he still supports me wanting to lose weight. My goal is to lose about 30 pounds that I gained because of some hormone medicine that I took. I struggle with eating because I am a very fast eater and it's hard for me to really focus on what I'm eating. My favorite food is lobster and my favorite color is green. I can't say it's a collection, but I love buying make up and it's one of my hobbies, I have a ton of eye shadows. :) One goal for 2012 is for me to get on a regular schedule and work out often. I am normally known to do something for a period of time and then just stop, and I don't want to do that anymore--especially when it comes to my health.
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My name is Brenda and I live in Iowa. I started MFP in October 15th, 2010 and have enjoyed all the great people on here. My heaviest weight was 226# and I want to lose about 95 to 105#. It will take me longer to lose then the average person due to not being able to exercise at times and meds I have to take to breathe and control my VCD. But I will win hopefully sooner than later… lol I’m pretty easy going, love family time and love to have fun!

I try to set goals daily and usually I succeed with completing them. I also set weekly goals and find monthly and yearly goals for me don’t pan out favorable. I strive to drink no less than 8 glass of water a day and like to see 10+ glasses.

Favorite things to do are working with hot and cold glass (stained glass, kiln working etc.), I love to repurpose items so trash to treasures are for me :flowerforyou: , my two Shiba Inu pups are very dear to me and we are currently in training on our youngest little girl, completely renovating our home, machine embroidery and sewing, cooking and canning. My DH and I also rescue and foster for the Shiba Inu breed through MSIR (Midwest Shiba Inu Rescue) we are a medical foster home. We also help raise money for the organization with auctioning or raffling stained windows made in our studio to help shiba that need surgeries and or rehabilitation from surgery or because of abuse. If my back allowed me to I would be water skiing, 4 wheeling, riding motorcycles, snowmobiling, anything with an engine sounds like fun to me. My “old fart” goal is to own a 64 split window corvette or an old sporty Thunderbird…another 5 to 8 years and it will be ours, but have to get the garage built first!

I would say my favorite food is spaghetti…I’d eat it for breakfast, lunch and supper if allowed too.. lol

My favorite style is earthy and colors are earth tones.

Not big into collecting and would rather spend the money traveling and on the renovation we are doing to our home.

My 2012 goal is to lose another 30 pounds would love to lose more as long as it is lost the healthy way; work out 3 to 4 times a week once healed up from surgery; drink min 8 glass of water a day; be able to complete 4 miles of walking with Leslie Sansone without having to stop to catch my breath; gain control over health factors that currently are hindering my success.

If anyone wants to friend me please send me a note and request...never have enough friends in this world!
  • MariaL93
    MariaL93 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good Evening from Eastern North Carolina! I'm so sorry for my delay in joining in. I just now found this group on my community page. I never scrolled down enough.. :(

I'm Maria! I will be 37 Feb 3. Happily married for 18 years this September. We have three children. Two girls and one boy. Ages 14, 12, and 8. I'm super busy with Homeschooling (our first year ever) our three children. My husband is a Minister and that makes me a Preachers Wife. Which keeps me very busy. This is the year I have finally decided to change health . I have had one mini stroke and a very very mild heart attack. Back in October 2011 I went to the doctor with major chest pain. It was my blood pressure. Normal for me is to around 210/160. I have serve hypertension. The doctor told me I was boarderline diabetic and have a sleep disorder. On the way home, I cried and cried. I finally accepted I must change my life. I got on the treadmill the very next day. I workout 5-6 days a week. Sunday's are out of the question for exercise. I have lost 23 pounds and it is so far the hardest thing I have ever done and stuck to!

My goal is not to be skinny. I want to be healthly!
    I struggle with food and learning to make healthy food.
    Favorite food is: Mexican
    Favorite color: Red
    I collect cookbooks
    One Goal: Run a mile non stop

Tell a little bit about yourself :
    What your goal is
    What you struggle with
    Do you collect anything
  • Staceydoodles
    Options
    Tell a little bit about yourself
    I'm Stacey, I'm 24 and I live in the UK :) I love to volunteer with girl guides. I like kids films and crafting and games on the Wii, and chilling with my housemate in front of the tv.
    I can't wait to get to know you all!

What your goal is
    Weight wise - about 130. But really I just want to be healthy and curvy. Ha my predictive text on my phone put busty not curvy :') I want to be that still too ;)

What you struggle with
    Getting enough exercise in. Not quite got my head round that side.

Ooh you don't get to this size with just one favourite food!! But right now, I'm loving a nice baked potato topped with chilli! And chocolate is always a winner of course... :')

Erm, blue. Or purple. Or pink!

Do you collect anything
    Memories and treasures. Nothing specific.

To get more water inside me, I struggle to get more than 4 cups without a lot of effort!
  • nsfoster7
    nsfoster7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I am new to mfp and so far i am loving it, i especially love the scan option this really makes things so easy. I have been struggling with my weight for over 5 years and it seems like a battle, but I know much of my issues is stress related. If I could de-stress maybe I would see the weight come off...I'm getting there one day at a time. I joined this club for it sounds like a wonderful group to be with,!

My goal is to be heathly and hopefully lose these extra pounds.
    I struggle with food I love to cook and of course I nibble while I do it!
    Favorite food is:Almost everything really, but I am not a fast food fan I like real rich foods.
    Favorite color: Pink....LOL my phone and ipad are all pinked up!
    I collect....hmmm nothing really, but I love to craft..mostly card making but starting to dabble into painting too.
    One Goal: Make a true commitment on my weight loss plan and being more conscience of my food choices.
  • mbmorse1011
    Options
    Well Welcome! We have already split ourselves into groups for the time being (till March) But I'm glad you have joined the group!