Goal Weights

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey Ladies,

I'm new to this group but would love to know what everyone's goal weight is?

I'm 5 foot 9 and im looking to be around 160lbs.

xxx

Replies

• Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey I literally just found this. I'm also 5'9" - currently 162, would ideally like to be 145 but would be happy around 150 as I have some muscles goin' on....
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is 190 :O) and if you check out the older threads, there is one with about 54 of our goal weights in this group!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Hey I literally just found this. I'm also 5'9" - currently 162, would ideally like to be 145 but would be happy around 150 as I have some muscles goin' on....

We have the same goals. I am 5'9" my goal is 145 - 150. I was 162 last June before my trip but over the Summer I packed on some pounds and now am at 177. Hitting reboot!!
  • bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 6 ft - goal is 160-165. This is what I weighed when I got married 8 years ago. But I know I still had a belly then, I am wondering if I should go lower. I'll have to reevaluate when I get there.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and my goal weight is 190 :O) and if you check out the older threads, there is one with about 54 of our goal weights in this group!

ah thanks :) xxxx
  • Jenn152
    Options
    ah thanks :) xxxx

no worries! there are tons of new people, so i'm sure this one will fill up too. but just in case you were curious :O) not everyone is super active in the group. but its a good place to get a gist of what everyone is shooting for!
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' and my goal is 165. We'll see when I get there if I want to go lower.
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 11 and currently weigh 250, would love to be in the 190's.
  • MollyMeghan5
    MollyMeghan5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and my goal weight is 170
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal is in the 145 to 150 range. I was there about 15 years ago and was very happy.
  • ymhand
    ymhand Posts: 188
    Options
    I am 5'9 and to outsiders (i've been told) I do not look the weight I am, I look less. I would be happy to get to 180.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a hair over 6' and my goal is 170, currently 188. When I was in the 159-163 range, I was a little too thin and it wasn't maintainable for me.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I am 6' even and I would love to weigh 180. My starting weight was 235 and I am now down to 189. After looking at what everyone my height is wanting to weigh I guess I should look for at a lower weight. I was always told a good weight for my height was 180-185. But I see everyone is shooting for 160 range. Does everyone know something I don't.

10371238.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jenn152
    Options
    I am 6' even and I would love to weigh 180. My starting weight was 235 and I am now down to 189. After looking at what everyone my height is wanting to weigh I guess I should look for at a lower weight. I was always told a good weight for my height was 180-185. But I see everyone is shooting for 160 range. Does everyone know something I don't.

absolutely not! everyones body is different... and do NOT base what you think your goal weight should be around what anyone else thinks theirs should be. get to your current goal weight, and once youre there reevaluate and decide if you want to continue to lose. you have to do what feels right for your body.

i am only 5'11 and i was RIPPED coming out of HS at 180... and i have never weighed less than 200 in my adult life. so even though other people are starting at a lower weight or just simply have their goals set lower, i am going based on what my body can do.

please please please do not try to achieve someone elses goals. this is your journey, you will only succeed if you are doing it the only way you know how. if you are able to go lower than you originally thought, thats FANTASTIC! but not everyone's frames will allow for such low numbers.

just a thought :wink:

also, here is something most of you newbies should take a look at (the BMI chart is basically ridiculous for most of us tall women) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388527-large-frame-bmi-probably-applies-to-most-of-us-ttw
  • Karamonster
    Karamonster Posts: 40 Member
    Options

absolutely not! everyones body is different... and do NOT base what you think your goal weight should be around what anyone else thinks theirs should be. get to your current goal weight, and once youre there reevaluate and decide if you want to continue to lose. you have to do what feels right for your body.

i am only 5'11 and i was RIPPED coming out of HS at 180... and i have never weighed less than 200 in my adult life. so even though other people are starting at a lower weight or just simply have their goals set lower, i am going based on what my body can do.

please please please do not try to achieve someone elses goals. this is your journey, you will only succeed if you are doing it the only way you know how. if you are able to go lower than you originally thought, thats FANTASTIC! but not everyone's frames will allow for such low numbers.

just a thought :wink:

also, here is something most of you newbies should take a look at (the BMI chart is basically ridiculous for most of us tall women) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/388527-large-frame-bmi-probably-applies-to-most-of-us-ttw

Could not agree more! I will be ecstatic when I reach 199!!!
  • BassesGirl
    BassesGirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 (currently 145lbs and "skinny fat") and my goal weight is 135lbs.

Actually, I'm ok with how much I weigh now to be honest, I just need to convert some fat into muscle as even at this weight my stomach is super flabby.

Don't want to be underweight though...that would be bad!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 & working to get to 170-180#.

and I totally agree with Jenn152! This is about getting to where you are content with your body- not someone else's ideal...
  • ebonaskavi
    ebonaskavi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and my goal is to get below 200. Technically, that's still "overweight" but in HS I was a competitive swimmer and worked out like 14 hours per week and weight like 187. Honestly, I don't want to go that low again. I was happier and more confident when I hit the mid 190s
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 (currently 145lbs and "skinny fat") and my goal weight is 135lbs.

Actually, I'm ok with how much I weigh now to be honest, I just need to convert some fat into muscle as even at this weight my stomach is super flabby.

Don't want to be underweight though...that would be bad!

This is me too except I'm 5'9! In clothes I look skinny but naked in front of the mirror is not a pretty sight :) I am focusing on working out and getting toned and firm now rather than worrying about the # on the scale.
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I am happy to be at 189 but like others I need to tone up alot. I have so much flab on my stomach it makes me look fatter. Alot of people are telling me not to lose any more weight but I don't feel comfortable still and my BMI is still in overweight. I am at a standstill right now on weight loss and I haven't been able to workout as mush as I would like to lately. I am not going to go over board on the weight loss but thanks everyone for caring so much. I make me feel so good though to have others with the same problems.