Got some new running shoes - can't decide if the size is rig

Options
ebaymommy
ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
I ordered a (desperately needed) new pair of running shoes. I usually wear a 9 in street shoes and 9.5 in running shoes. I ordered my new ones in a 9.5 and they seem to have a smidge more room in the toes than my old pairs. I'm wearing them around the house today trying to decide if I need a half size smaller or not. I've got just a tad more than thumbs width space between my big toe and the end of the shoe.

I ran 7 miles this morning and it's afternoon here, so my feet should be at their "biggest" for the day.

Maybe I'll take them to the gym tomorrow and run a couple miles on the treadmill to see how they fare. Wearing them around the house they are not slipping on my heels, but I can definitely tell they have extra toe room.

Decision, decisions. Guess I could keep this pair, order the 1/2 size smaller and then when I get those wear both for comparison and then send whatever pair back that doesn't fit the best.

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    My experience is that as long as they don't cause your foot to slide around & get blisters, erring on the side of too big is better than too small.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    My experience is that as long as they don't cause your foot to slide around & get blisters, erring on the side of too big is better than too small.

That's what I was thinking. I've had shoes that have given me blisters on my toes before. NOT fun!
  • Jonathanfales
    Jonathanfales Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree with Rybo. I use to work in a shoe store and I run ALOT and I would recommend a bit big in general. A snug fit in the toe box is usually a bad thing that gets worse the longer you run. If blisters become a problem because of sliding around try using wright socks. They are double lined so sock rubs on sock rather than skin.