Introduce yourself

Options

Replies

• Martha_H
    Martha_H Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I'm Courtney. I'm an Air Force medic stationed in Hampton, Virginia. I'm 34 years old, have 2 dogs and a very sweet boyfriend for a little over a year. I recently lost alot of weight on a deployment and now that I'm back - been back for about 6 months - its slowly creeping back on. And I want to put a stop to it! I'm looking to lose about 15 lbs and get my beach body back...this challenge is perfect. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for serving!!!
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah. I'm 28 and live in Texas. I have two awesome little ones, an almost 5 year old boy and a 2.5 year old girl. I'm 6' tall and, as such, carry my weight "well" according to the rest of the world. So, despite knowing how overweight I was and hating how I looked, I never bothered changing my lifestyle because I always had people telling me I looked "fine." NOT FINE! After being diagnosed with prediabetes (diabetes is rampant in my family), I made the changes necessary to become fit and healthy. I am going to lose 81 more pounds to get back down to the size that I was when I met my husband! Nine down already -- I can do this!!!!!
  • megaron01
    megaron01 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey All! My name is Ron & I'm currently living/working in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Area. I'm 37 yrs. old & decided that 2012 is a good as any to make a change for the better. I've always been a big, heavy guy so I'm kinda curious what a slimmed down version of myself will look like. Good luck to all of you on your journey!!
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Megan. I live in Jackson, WY, were it's been incredibly cold since Nov. I can't wait for summer to come! I'm currently 10 lbs away from my ultimate goal. My New Year's resolution for 2011 was to reach a healthy weight by the time I turn 30, which is coming up this April. I've lost nearly 60lbs so far and am eager to lose the last 10! If anybody wants another friend for extra motivation, feel free to add me and let me know what you want the most encouragement on (logging workouts, staying under goal, logging in consistently, etc) and I'd be happy to provide it. Good luck everyone!
  • cheri23
    cheri23 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm Cheri from NJ. I'm 25 and Im a stay at home mom of a 3 yr old little boy. I have about 25 lbs to lose and I'm hoping to lose 5 a month.
  • scheherazade315
    scheherazade315 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm Anita from Houston, TX. I'm 35 years old, married with 2 girls, 3 and 6 years old. I work part-time as a programmer which means I sit all day long. I'm looking to lose 40 pounds this year. I have to take a picture for my driver's license in May and I don't want to be carrying around all of this extra weight when that happens. The current picture on my driver's license is about 10 years old, when I was much younger and lighter. Oh the things that motivate us! LOL!
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 43 and live in Illinois. I have 2 children with special needs. Stress and worry over the years has had me packing on the lbs. This year my husband and I celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. My goal is to lose 70 lbs. as an anniversary present to myself. My spring goal is to lose 40 lbs. by Mother's Day.
  • Julie224
    Options
    Hey! I'm Julie, I'm 24 and I live in Washington with my son who will be 2 at the end of February. I am taking college courses online full time and hoping to start a full time job soon as well. I've always been overweight, but it's reached a new high and it's time to get it under control. I've tried many, many times and always ended up with excuses and quit, but I'm hoping I can make a few new friends and be more accountable this time so I'll finally succeed. Goal is to eventually lose 80lbs. :)
  • weighloss2012
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm 36 and a wife, mom of two, and an 8th grade special education teacher in Indiana. I'm hoping to lost about 40 lbs. I'm looking for motivation from the group as I tend to have a good start for the first week of such as resolution as this, and then the first time I "fall of the wagon", I give up. I'm about to hit the "first week down" mark and was thrilled to have a friend recommend this site.

This time WILL be different. My motto.... "Do the next right thing!" I'm doing okay on the nutrition/food front, but I need to get myself in gear in the exercise department!
  • ahoml10
    Options
    Hi My name is Michelle I am 25 mother of 2... My oldest is 7 and youngest is 2... Before my 1st pregnancy I was 135 lbs... Not no more! I am from Michigan and am fighting a fat battle! lol. But I am I determined to win!
  • Annie092
    Options
    Hey all!! My name is Faith and I'm 19 years old. I'm currently going to college full-time, trying to get my prerequisites for nursing school, and also working full-time as a CNA in Topeka, KS. I love my job and can't wait to start nursing school. I have been fighting my weight for almost my whole life. I have tried several times to lose weight, and never succeeded,....that is until I tried MFP back in October. I lost 30 lbs. in 3 months. But then Christmas hit, and I haven't been able to get back on the wagon since. I haven't gained anything but I definitely haven't lost either. I want to get going again and would like to lose another 40 lbs. by my birthday, which is at the beginning of August. I think this group is the perfect thing. I always love a good challenge! Great motivation!!! Good luck to everyone!!!! :drinker:
  • sgarbacik
    sgarbacik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few of us! Hopefully we can all be motivated together and motivate each other :D I know I need it! After being on MFP for 9 weeks I've lost 13lbs and am looking forward to losing more...I've never been this successful at losing weight before but I think I was just finally ready for it.

I'm Stephanie and I live in Seattle, WA. I am a civil/environmental engineer currently looking for a job and soon to be working temporarily at a local grocery store - it'll pay the bills. I'm traveling to Anaheim, CA (DISNEYLAND!!!) this April with my boyfriend and a friend of his he met back in high school, so it would be great for me to be down some lbs by then! For this challenge I'd say my goal will be to lose about 20lbs since it's about 3 months away - I feel like that is realistic for me.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Leila, 24 from Oxford, UK. I'm going to be trying hard every day and working out like a BEAST!
  • prbrandt
    prbrandt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, my name is Phil, I'm 25 and live in Chicago. I went to Purdue and work as an auditor for a public accounting firm. I started working three years ago and was in the best shape of my life. I've slowly put on weight the last few years and its time to turn this train around. In college I worked at one of the largest weight loss camps in the country as a group leader, so I've been down this road before. Game on!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet all of you! My name is Raquel and I am from California. I am 27 years old ...Have been married for 7 years and have 2 children ages 5 and 2y.o

Sad to say that I used to weight 125lbs before my first baby...then after that I went up to 170!!! OMG I cannot believe I ever weigh that! Now I am down to 146 but am still looking to reach my goal of 125 again! I am hoping to accomplish this by the summer! I know we can all do this and we all have very good reasons to give this group our all! Lets start loosing!!!
  • Hello everyone!
    My name is Carolyn, I'm 23 and I live in Tennessee.

When I was in shape, I weighed 120 pounds but after a back surgery and a personal stresses following immediately afterwards, I found exercising much more difficult and food far more comforting. A short while later, I was 210lbs. I managed to get down to 165 but plateaued and gave up. Now I'm 170 and am sick and tired of loathing my body. I really want to lose weight by my college graduation (May). I don't expect to lose all the weight by then but If I can be confident walking across the stage, it will be worth it. ^_^
  • Lizzie1229
    Lizzie1229 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 41 and live in Wisconsin. I want to lose the weight I gained over the past 8-1/2 years, about 32 pounds, and get in shape so someday I can do one of the 3-day breast cancer walks. I also want to be a good role model for my children and grandchild. Somewhere I found some major motivation after New Year's and don't want to lose it!
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Liz, 24, recently married, and live in Kentucky, but originally from North Carolina. Due to my height (a whopping 6') I don't look as big as I am. I'd like to knock off 40-60 lbs (just depending on fat loss vs muscle gain) to get around the range that I was when I first met my husband a few years ago. :) I'm an administrator, but also will have my EMT cert in a couple of weeks. Good luck to everyone.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,956 Member
    Options
    2012, for me, is about body fat % loss. So, I've dumped my steady-state cardio in favour of heavy lifting and HIIT. My goals:

1. lose 4% body fat % by end of March;
    2. lose another 4% body fat by end of June;
    3. lose another 4% body fat by end of September.

I'm not overweight - I'm 5'9" and 160 lbs. But, I certainly fall into the definition of "skinny fat". For me, STRONG IS THE NEW SKINNY!

Good luck, all!
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Looks like I forgot to post here! I'm 39, mother of two young kids (7 & nearly 2). I live in Washington.

I've been fluctuating between about 185-195 pounds since DD was born in 3/10. I'd really like to get down to a comfortable weight by summer, and I could make good headway on that by spring. I have two big problems: I can't do many forms of exercise due to health issues, and I really don't do well with diets. ;) When I've lost weight in the past, it was by doing a lot of exercise. That won't work for me anymore, so I need to find a way to tone down the calories long-term.