Jan 6 - On Point Check-In

Options
jalara
jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
Hey ladies! How is everyone doing today??

Replies

• lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Today has been a very productive day for me on the exercise front.
    As for food, I am learning to embrace egg whites a bit more so that's also a good thing. :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Funny story!

So I decided to have some french fries tonight for dinner. I had told everyone I work with about my diet and everything before dinner, so when I came back from the cafeteria with a cheeseburger (no bun) and french fries, one of the girls was like, "Whoa! You can't have that!" So I told her I've been eating cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and potato chips all week (and still lost 5 lbs in 4 days) and her jaw hit the floor! It was hilarious! And I only ate 1/2 the fries, so I still win :-)

It was 50 outside today and sunny...did wonders for my mood. I ate well (minus the fries) and I still have 302 cals left for the day!

Jalara, it's good to hear from you today! Missed you yesterday! Hope all is well! :happy:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Imarunner - Sorry - yesterday was one of those days!

Imtrevin - glad your day is going well! I can't manage egg whites without 1 full egg mixed in. Eggs just need to be yellow for me!

AFM - I was 2 calories under today (bad food choice though). And my points were at 29/34. So it's a great day. :drinker:

So I did something different when calculating my points. I logged everything into MFP, and then added all the carbs, fats, fibre and protein together, punched it into the point calculator and there was my daily count! It completely quickened the entire process.

Happy Friday all!
  • 13sharon13
    13sharon13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jalara - I like what you did about totaling points at the end of the day from the MFP info. I find it a little overwhelming trying to do both everyday.

Anyway, I am below points and calories today.
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I Keep falling asleep before I can make it to this post...that is why I am usually last to post for the day.

I earned over 700 calories in activity today so it put me under calories but over daily points...I have weeklies/activity points to compensate...Hmmm the mashed potatoes at lunch were probably NOT the best choice.

jalara...thanks for the speed tip on calculating daily points...I agree with 13Sharon it is overwhelming to do both. I had dropped points calculation at one time, but when the holiday weight crept on, I had to get back to plan 100%

imarunner...impressive job with the grain elimination. We have had unseasonably warm temps here as well, I can't believe I am planing a bike ride this weekend without my winter clothes...

Imtrevin...egg whites are a good thing...I still haven't learned to embrace them yet!