Hello

Options
Hi, I'd like to join the group! I'm 53 and would like to lose this "spare tire" I'm carrying around! I would like to lose about 60 lbs. I've been using MFP for a week and have lost 9 lbs in first week! We are having a fifteen week challenge at work which is really motivating, although I'm only in third place with 9 lbs lost! The woman in first place is in her 30's, the one in second place is in her 20's.....b#@*$#es!! Just kidding!

Replies

• suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Gotta love 'em huh? I used to be able to do that - 5 pounds in a day, just by saying so. Now, if I can make 5 go in 10 days, I'm thankful!!! Congrats on you 9 pounds, I will be grateful when I can say that too!
  • scolonAK
    scolonAK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just this group. I'm. 55 and my docor keeps asking me to try to lose some weight. So, I decided to try. Today was my first day using myitnesspal.

Sandy
  • suelegal
    Options
    welcome! surprisingly, this is a pretty quiet group. not sure if us 50s+ don't talk much or if we're all using other topics. My weight loss has been very slow, but I've been yo-yoing thru the holidays. I just went back to PF today, and I have an appt with the trainer on Wednesday evening, to help me design a good workout. I know me, if I jump into this too fast and hard I'll get too sore and quit. I'm going to start slow and just focus on moving. Today I did 30 minutes of circuit training and 45 minutes of walking at a very moderate pace. Just trying to get moving more which will hopefully push up my metabolism and get the weight moving more.
  • scolonAK
    scolonAK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Good job on exercising you did today. I also start sliw, mainly so I'll exercise. But, as time goes on i go longer and do more. Right now I'm at the just getting started phase (yet again).
  • suelegal
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! Good job on exercising you did today. I also start sliw, mainly so I'll exercise. But, as time goes on i go longer and do more. Right now I'm at the just getting started phase (yet again).

My focus is different this time, I hope. I am really making a lifestyle change rather than looking at all of this as a means to an end. We'll see!
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Haven't posted in awhile! I've been pretty good staying on track during the holidays, still losing. I'm still in first place in my work weight loss challenge, only a couple weeks to go! I'm a little nervous about continuing with my weight loss without the competition as my motivation, but I've come this far and I really feel better and look better!
  • kathywagner55
    kathywagner55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am part of this group. I am 57 and it is a battle. But we all can do it. Have a bad day, move on, do't stall out. That is where I am, but finding this site has been the best thing ever. So easy, got my support and I need you guys to keep me going. Everyone have a great day.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well hello! So glad I found this group as I actually fit it - I'm 54 yrs, gonna be 55 in March - and have a little over sixty pounds to lose (having already lost 40). It's weird though or I'm weird (! more like it :tongue: ) because I'm also back to college full-time. I'm halfway through my undergraduate and plan to continue through a masters. Feeling sorry for all those youngsters on campus because I know I'm a bit of a distraction in the classroom for them. :bigsmile:

So, it's hard to lose at this age - really hard. Just as much effort if not more with less weekly results. How to stay on track and not plateau? How to keep pushing outside one's physical comfort zone? This is especially challenging when one's work is sedentary though it does give a good break and change of pace.

It'll be lovely meeting you all in the next few weeks. Again, so glad to have found you.

-Debra (the LastSixty)
  • suelegal
    Options
    Well hello! So glad I found this group as I actually fit it - I'm 54 yrs, gonna be 55 in March - and have a little over sixty pounds to lose (having already lost 40). It's weird though or I'm weird (! more like it :tongue: ) because I'm also back to college full-time. I'm halfway through my undergraduate and plan to continue through a masters. Feeling sorry for all those youngsters on campus because I know I'm a bit of a distraction in the classroom for them. :bigsmile:

So, it's hard to lose at this age - really hard. Just as much effort if not more with less weekly results. How to stay on track and not plateau? How to keep pushing outside one's physical comfort zone? This is especially challenging when one's work is sedentary though it does give a good break and change of pace.

It'll be lovely meeting you all in the next few weeks. Again, so glad to have found you.

-Debra (the LastSixty)

Congrats!! On the weightloss, on going back to school, and doing all that's good for you! I too have that issue of being sedentary, and getting up off my butt and moving. Not that don't enjoy, but I'm basically a lazy cuss! I have gone back to the gym for the first time in years. I've committed to getting there 2 times each week! So far, so good. Tomorrow evening is my next visit. Just saying that is outside my comfort zone!! But I want to feel better, I want to be stronger and I want to get rid of these flabby arms and thighs that I have!! Yea us!