Get to know you quiz

Options
Hi Everyone! I was thinking that we don't really know much about each other (well most of us) so thought since I am bored and injured on this chilly Sunday morning I would create a little quiz that we can copy and paste and fill in the answers for ourselves :)

1. Where were you born?
2. Where do you live at the moment?
3. Where else have you lived?
4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation?
5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :)

That's all, trying to keep it short and sweet for now. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born?
    Mudgee, Australia

London, UK

Mudgee, Newcastle, Alice Springs in Australia and Borders, Birmingham (but both only during the week for work) and London in the UK.

Registered dietitian - currently working in cardiothoracics/intensive care/stroke. I would love to have an active and motivational job e.g. gym or ski instructor - I would probably get bored of it quickly but it's a grass is always greener situation I think!

* I got married in 2011 in Australia
    * I love to travel - trying to fit as much in as I can while I don't really have many commitments
    * I want to have a family but I'm scared of becoming one of those obsessive people that I see on my facebook that can never be happy for anything anyone else is doing unless they are having a baby! Maybe next year...
    * I'm an absolute foodie - love cooking and trying new things, if I travel somewhere that doesn't have great food then I never enjoy the trip as much
    * I have a really bad attention span - can't even watch a whole movie unless I am at the cinema without having to do something with my hands or take a break
  • boelyn
    boelyn Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi

Excellent idea

1. Where were you born? - Hitchin, Hertfordshire
    2. Where do you live at the moment? - Milton Keynes
    3. Where else have you lived? - Cardiff
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? Current - HR Manager......dream - psychologist
    5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :) - I'm 40 years young, I'm very friendly and Loyal, I work too much, I'm trying to teach myself the piano, very random thought.....I'm going to try and cook my first 'healthy' roast dinner today

Not very interesting but you did ask :laugh:

B
  • Ant_the_old_keith_lemon
    Options
    Born: north Wales, uk. A small place called Anglesey, glorious area.

Currently live : still in north Wales, a small costal (some may say resort) town called Rhyl.

Other places : only ever north Wales, constantly moving East towards the big smoke. Oh and England;)

Current occupation : process support engineer in a factory, basically like a "bodge it and scarper" kinda job ha

Dream job was always a sailor, always fancied waking up to look across a still ocean dyed red by the sun.

5 things....
    1) I always take my time to decide on anything, I seem in decicive but it's my way of being certain... This could take years ;)
    2) I have a soft spot for old VW cars, which can be quite embarrassing "oooo look at that mk1 golf"
    3) I am on a no fear year! Try as much as I can because of recent lackings
    4) I sound confident and positive, which is mainly the case however sometimes words I write are what I would like to live up to ;)
    5) I'm a ginger, but it's well hidden
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options

Not very interesting but you did ask :laugh:

I think it is interesting! :) I love knowing stuff about people! Good luck with your roast!
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Southampton - lived there till I was 9
    2. Where do you live at the moment? Surrey - been here since Sept 2010
    3. Where else have you lived? Westbury, WIltshire; Tring (boarding school); London; Eastbourne; Welwyn; Bedford
    4. What is your current occupation? Teacher
    What is your dream occupation? Chef
    I live in France in the school hols
    I have 2 adult daughters who are both musicians, like me and my husband
    We are planning a two year holiday from work to do 'The Good Life' in France
    I have rowed several marathons (42,195m) on a rowing machine - best time 3hrs 25mins
    I am too frightened to weigh myself

Jane

ps Boelyn - please ask me any piano questions you may have, as that is one of my instruments :-)
  • JaneUK
    JaneUK Posts: 102
    Options
    I am on a no fear year!

Cool! :glasses: Have you got anything exciting lined up?
    Jane
  • neenie12
    Options
    1. Where were you born?
    Birmingham, UK

Sheffield,UK

Gaithersburg, MD and Charlotte, NC in the USA

4. What is your current occupation?
    Teacher
    What is your dream occupation?
    have absolutely no idea!

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself
    I have a cat called Max
    I have 2 sisters, one of which lives in Jersey
    I learned some American Sign Language and want to learn some more
    I want to move to USA
    I worry too much about everything

I love reading others responses to these things but as soon as I try to answer them, my mind goes blank!!!! this is the best i could come up with!!!!
    Jannine
  • AimeeKAKES
    Options
    Born: South Wales, uk. The pretty ****ty city of Swansea....

Currently live : South Wales Llanelli

Other places : only ever Llanelli, have travelled and done weekends in loads of places though...

Current occupation : Student at Swansea University studying Materials Science and Engineering...

Dream job : theres loads... Machinest, tattooist, teacher or be in the forces lol

5 things.....
    1) i love and will always love old vw's and have travelled far and wide to see them at shows..
    2) I loved Jaguar's until i started at Swansea uni and found out how badly made they are lol but i will always have a soft spot for old landrovers :) companys can't be bad at everything lol
    3) I do study engineering and have done for almost 5 years now and think its great the look on fully grown mens faces when i tell them that :) sexisim is still here....lol
    4) I love animals and owning a farm one day is an ambition even though hippos are my favorite animal :)
    5) I used to have 0 confidence but engineering taught me to stand up for myself and be myself, might of lost some "friends" but it worked out ok in the end :)
  • MarinaPacheco
    MarinaPacheco Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Johannesburg, South Africa
    2. Where do you live at the moment? London
    3. Where else have you lived? Thailand (Songkhla), Lisbon
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? CEO of a small charity called The Mammal Society, I love my job and am trying to grow the organisation, but if I had to have another job I’d love to be a writer.
    5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :) I write as a hobby and have 30 novels written, but haven’t done anything with them yet, one day I might self publish. I love gardening and visiting beautiful gardens, I live on my own and love it, okay I have 3 cats, so not really on my own, and am in danger of becoming a mad cat lady. I love good food a little too much and am now working on still having great food but in smaller portions, I used to love traveling but am more of a stay at home person nowadays.
  • nic81081
    nic81081 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Edinburgh

2. Where do you live at the moment? Glasgow

3. Where else have you lived? Middle of no where near Stirling, Dollar

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? Work as a staff nurse in a hospice and it is my dream job though one day i'd love to own and run a cocktail and cake bar (vintage style).

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself. I got married in June to my lovely hubby, i'm going to New York for hubbys 30th in February, I love cooking, my favourite drink is a french martini and my favourite singer is Ella Fitzgerald.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Idea... may have to borrow it :wink:

1. Where were you born?
    Born in Paisley, but grew up from age 2¾yrs in Largs, on Clyde Coast, Nth Ayrshire, Scotland.

Colchester, Essex - the oldest recorded town in England

Hull (where I went to Uni), the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht & Maastricht), London & the Medway

Project Manager, work with large hotel chains implementing their distribution software. My dream job would be to produce the Eurovision Song Contest (or Swedish Melodifestivalen)

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :smile:
    I speak umpteen European languages and used to be a commercial translator.
    I've been to the Eurovision Song Contest twice (2000 & 2001)
    I got married in 2010 and we had a red London Routemaster bus as our wedding transport.
    I met my husband online and I proposed to him (on bended knee) at the top of the Empire State Building in New York city.
    Pre-Internet days, I advertised for a German-speaking penpal in the pop/teen magazine Bravo and received over 500 responses! (I even got my picture in the local paper)

:flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born?
    I was born in Manchester, where we lived till I was 11.

Near Market Harborough.

I lived in South Africa for 20 years - first in the Free State (shudder) and then in Durban. Moved to York in 1999, then lived in Leicester, and now here.

I'm an academic. I trained as a psychologist, worked a while as a psychologist alongside my academic work, but I've always been an academic, and think I always will be. I love my job. I guess if pressed, I'd confess I wished I'd been a singer. (Me having a little sing, if anyone cares... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FiRAXKbz0)

I have a beautiful, clever, fabulous daughter. She's 10. I love her to bits.
    I play classical guitar and cello, as well as a few other instruments.
    I sing in a choir.
    I'm a slave to technology.
    I'm the world's worst procrastinator.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Johannesburg, South Africa
    2. Where do you live at the moment? London
    3. Where else have you lived? Thailand (Songkhla), Lisbon
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? CEO of a small charity called The Mammal Society, I love my job and am trying to grow the organisation, but if I had to have another job I’d love to be a writer.
    5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :) I write as a hobby and have 30 novels written, but haven’t done anything with them yet, one day I might self publish. I love gardening and visiting beautiful gardens, I live on my own and love it, okay I have 3 cats, so not really on my own, and am in danger of becoming a mad cat lady. I love good food a little too much and am now working on still having great food but in smaller portions, I used to love traveling but am more of a stay at home person nowadays.

How dim am I? I never picked up you were a South African, Marina. I really should have with a name like Marina!!!! Ek lag altyd dat jy meer Afrikaans in London hoor as in Bloemfontein!

I aspire to mad cat lady-ness.
  • Flumpymum
    Options
    1. Where were you born? .. Bristol.
    2. Where do you live at the moment? .. Bristol.
    3. Where else have you lived? .. No where else.
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? .. Currently housewife and f/t Mum .. Dream job .. Bookeeper at my own firm !
    5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :) .. 5!! Erm

1) Like to read, favorite author is Terry Pratchett.
    2) I have 2 gorgeous kids that mean then world to me.
    3) I love cooking when i can do it for pleasure rather than the daily grind.
    4) I love going to the cinema but don't get to go often.
    5) I'm boring as sin !!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born?
    I was born in sunderland UK in 1981

I still lie there now

I have never lived anywhere else, I'm a home bird I guess. I not even really done much travelling. Holidays aren't a necessity for me as we never had the money for them when I was growing up.

I am admin in the Local Authority at the moment, I've worked in various departments for the past 8 years. my dream job would be personal trainer/dietician. I've done a lot of growing up the past few years and I think I will have that empathy with clients and will be able to spur them on with my own tales of woe endured through my fitness/weightloss jourey

a) I'm single and actually liking it now since I have a new lease of life and new personal goals
    b) I also have cats, but only 2. I think I'm already the mad cat lady as I talk a lot more to the cats than human beings it seems some days
    c) As a libran, apparently I am creative, musical and artistict - I'm none of the 3 haha. I love to listen to music and I enjoy films but as far as doing anything in the line of creation goes not a chance
    d) My favourite music genre is rock/alternative so my favourite bands are the likes of My Chemical Romance, Modest Mouse, Pixies, Paramre etc
    e) I have terrible lack of faith in myself which is a result of low self esteem which I have always suffered throughout my childhood. My school reports every teacher would comment about how shy and quiet I was. I have dramatically changed how I look at myself since starting to loose weight and my self esteem is better, I need to work on my faith in me still though
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born?
    I was born in Dorset, on the first day of Spring :)
    East London... bleurgh
    I've spent most of my life living in a beautiful seaside town in Cornwall. I miss it every day!
    I'm currently a Drama student with no money.
    I DREAM of being an actress!! I would've loved to be a dancer, but I don't have the body for it, and it's way too late now.

1. I have a twin sister, but we're not identical.
    2. I used to want to be a Forensic Pathologist. Until I develop a phobia of needles, and blood makes me faint... I soon realised it wasn't the career for me!
    3. I am a university competitive cheerleader.
    4. Growing up, I came last in every sports day race. But won chess competitions. YEAHHHH
    5. I haven't travelled as much as I'd like to. My New Year's resolution is to learn a language, and get out of the country!! :)
  • violet_sphinx
    violet_sphinx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Seattle, WA, United States of America
    2. Where do you live at the moment? Cambridge, England
    3. Where else have you lived? New York, (old) York, Southampton
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? Currently a library assistant at Trinity College Library, but I want to be a fully-qualified librarian - not sure where yet!
    5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself.

1) I love dancing. Over the course of my life I've done classes in ballet, flamenco, belly dance and a bit of swing dancing, and part of the reason I want to get fit is to be able to do more dancing.
    2) I'm a self-taught amateur photographer. I like to use both digital and film.
    3) I love the works of J.R.R. Tolkien more than is really healthy. I'm a bit obsessed. :)
    4) I studied medieval history, archaeology and museum studies at University, thinking I was going to work for English Heritage or some such institution, but have since changed my career path to library work.
    5) I've been married for five years to a wonderful man from the Leeds area. We don't want children, but we are desperate to start a family of cats!
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? The Wirral

2. Where do you live at the moment? Glasgow

3. Where else have you lived? no where, came to Glasgow for uni in 1998, met my boyfriend & stayed!

4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? I'm a therapy radiographer currently, my dream job would probably be something fitness related, personal trainer, would love to be a body balance instructor. but i'm prob too old & definitely too large just now.

5. Tell us any 5 things about yourself :
    i dj at an alternative 90s/britpop clubnight once a month
    i am a lifelong liverpool fc fan
    i'm totally addicted to coffee
    i love music, especially indie, northern soul & motown ( visited the motown studio in detroit a few years back, amazing!)
    i've been with my boyf Ian for 10 years. maybe one day soon we'll get engaged and maybe even married!
  • nessaj
    nessaj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. Where were you born? Chertsey, Surrey
    2. Where do you live at the moment? Surbiton, South West London
    3. Where else have you lived? Banstead and Sutton (have always stayed around Surrey / London)
    4. What is your current occupation? What is your dream occupation? Got made redundant the week before Christmas so my current occupation is job hunter
    - I got married in 2008
    - had an amazing honeymoon in South America
    - loves art, glass and jewellery ;-)
    - addicted to chocolate
    - if I won the lottery I would love to own my own cake / chocolate shop (but that wouldn't be good for my diet!)
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I made it into the group!!

1. Where were you born?
    London

Dover Kent but have lived loads of places within a 20mile radius

Nottingham city for four year during and after uni

I am a marriage registrar and a HCA in Contraceptive Services. My dream job was to be a vet who did Equine Surgery but I will settle for running my own yard I guess!

I am horse mad
    I am running 3 miles for sport relief in March and I can only run for 4mins right now!
    I am nearly 6ft tall
    I love to cook and try new recipes when I have the time
    My fave food is chicken curry. In fact I love it so much it is one of the reasons I stopped being vegetarian!

And thats me!! Lol!