Who's Out There?

Options
jennyjo79
jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
I see there are a handful of members in the group and am curious who is all out there? Fellow Wisconsinites? Packer fans in other states?

Am suffering from withdrawl since there's no Packer game today, so I thought it would be fun to get to know one another ...

I'm Jenn ... 32 year old from the north central WI area ... Born and raised here and always a Packer fan. :smile:

I've been with my Hubby for 14 years and together we have a 12 year old son that keeps us both running. We're a typical WI family ... we spend our time camping, fishing and at the baseball field in the summer and our winter's traveling from hockey rink to hockey rink (our son has been playing since he was 6 and is now a PeeWee) & cheering on the Packers.

I am a lifetime Weight Watchers member. I've maintained appox a 55lb weight loss - thanks to WW - for about 9 1/2 years and am here at MFP to lose a few more pounds in the New Year and get even more fit.

Look forward to hearing more about everyone else!

GO PACK, GO!

Replies

• shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Susan, live and work in Rothschild/Schofield area. Moved her in June 2010 from Mississippi. Drive by our house and we'll be the only house with MS flag and a bulldog on the front porch, LOL. It was really hard to leave all our friends and family behind.

Married to my better half, Bob for 15 years and have two children, Logan 13 and Reagan 9 years old. Thery are both active in Tae Kwan Do, at One Tree Martial Arts in Weston. We have an adult child, Chris 26 who is still in MS. Thank goodness for cellphones, email and facebook. I can still see/talk with him alot.

I have struggled with my weight for the last 20 years. My goal is to get below 200 and stay there before I turn 50, anything below that is gravy! Fat Free of course!!!!

I love the Packers, the first roadtrip when we moved her was Lambeau Field. Go Pack Go!
  • jennyjo79
    Options
    Hi everyone - I'm Susan, live and work in Rothschild/Schofield area. Moved her in June 2010 from Mississippi. Drive by our house and we'll be the only house with MS flag and a bulldog on the front porch, LOL. It was really hard to leave all our friends and family behind.

Married to my better half, Bob for 15 years and have two children, Logan 13 and Reagan 9 years old. Thery are both active in Tae Kwan Do, at One Tree Martial Arts in Weston. We have an adult child, Chris 26 who is still in MS. Thank goodness for cellphones, email and facebook. I can still see/talk with him alot.

I have struggled with my weight for the last 20 years. My goal is to get below 200 and stay there before I turn 50, anything below that is gravy! Fat Free of course!!!!

I love the Packers, the first roadtrip when we moved her was Lambeau Field. Go Pack Go!

I imagine Wisconsin is quite the change from MS for you! If you don't mind me asking, what brought you to central WI, of all places?
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am from Kenosha and hubby is from LaCrosse. We are currently stationed at Fort Riley in Kansas. You would not believe all of the Packers fans here, mostly because Jordy went to K-State (only 20 minutes from here)!!! His parents own a restaurant about 40 minutes from here and they are very nice people....tons of Jordy stuff hanging up...and they have HUGE portions and the most delicious pie ever!!! Probably shouldn't go anytime soon...lol!!!
    Kind of, excuse my language, sucked a couple weeks ago when we lost to KC!! The closest professional team around here and had to go back to teaching at the high school last week, and of course, the kids teased me a bit about that!! I told them it was a Christmas present...we knew we had to lose one game so we were nice enough to pick them!!!
    We miss Wisconsin, but we still get the midwest feeling here, so all is good!!
  • angeleenlouise
    Options
    Hi, I'm Angeleen. I grew up in Spring Valley, WI but moved to South St Paul, MN almost 3 years ago. I've been married for 2 years and we have a 23 month old son. My husband was a die hard Vikings fan until this season, now he's a Packer fan!
  • TinaMarie1260
    Options
    Hi I am Tina, Born and raised in Wisconsin. Left home at 18 to join the Navy. Now live in Corpus Christi, Texas. I will always bleed green and gold even though I am married to a Cowboy fan. He is a Texan so I forgive him for that. New to the whole posting thing. Have been reading posts since I jpined just only joined the challenges. This is my number one passion aside from family. I love my Green Bay Packers. Go Pack Go.....
  • htch99
    htch99 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, my name is Crissy, and I wasn't always a die-hard packers fan. I'm from central Washington state, and have been a payton manning fan for as long as I can remember; however, my hobby was born in Wisconsin and spent much of his life there. His uncle's have season tickets, and to make up for the fact that he can't be there to watch a live game, he's turned his game room into a lambeau field homage. I'm still a manning fan, but o LOVE the packers, even before they won the superbowl. I have a 2 year old daughter named Erin (for Rogers of course), and were trying for another and if its a boy, my husbands insisting we call him Clay, lol.
    I grew up extremely thin and ate what ever I wanted. That is until I turned 24 and that all stopped. I have struggled with my weight ever since. I have a chemical imbalance where I eat till I throw up cause I can't till when I'm full, so I take meds for it. But when I pregnant or trying I can't take them. So my last pregnancy I gained 80 lbs, and I still have 30+ pounds to loose. I finally joined a gym, and co-workers introduced me to myfitnesspal. I'm hoping this time I can have a healthy pregnancy, and loose all weight, and keep it off.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    Hey there! I'm Jenni, from Spring Valley WI. I grew up in MN but moved here after meeting my husband. There is so much Packer fever in our house...it's a green and gold EXPLOSION! :)
  • angelrn1224
    Options
    JUMP AROUND!!!! GO PACK GO!!!

My name is Sarah. I was born and raised in Antigo, WI and have lived in Rothschild for the past 17 years.

I am a CHEESEHEAD through and through. My husband is a Steeler's Fan....so you can imagine our house during last years Super Bowl! LOL I will be watching the Steeler's game with him this afternoon and I am going through withdrawl today too, because MY BOYS aren't playing today...ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

My office door at work has become a sight for the "victims" of this years season. I bought a package of mini helmets of all the teams and have added the loser's helmets to my "Victims List". The KC helmet is hanging upside down.....they were lucky, that's all I'm saying.

DUN, DUN, DUN-DUN-DUN-DUN - GO PACK GO!!!!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Peggy, born and raised in Waukesha, joined the Navy in 1983, met my hubby in the Navy and we settled out here in Maryland when we retired....you can take the girl out of Wisconsin but you can't take the Cheesehead out of the girl! I have a "Packer Room" and wear my colors loudly! My husband is a Bengals fan, but we both also cheer the Raven's when they are NOT playing our fav's. We have an adult daughter who is also a Packer backer. Can't wait for superbowl, this year!!! GO PACK GO!!!
  • jennyjo79
    Options
    I am from Kenosha and hubby is from LaCrosse. We are currently stationed at Fort Riley in Kansas. You would not believe all of the Packers fans here, mostly because Jordy went to K-State (only 20 minutes from here)!!! His parents own a restaurant about 40 minutes from here and they are very nice people....tons of Jordy stuff hanging up...and they have HUGE portions and the most delicious pie ever!!! Probably shouldn't go anytime soon...lol!!!
    Kind of, excuse my language, sucked a couple weeks ago when we lost to KC!! The closest professional team around here and had to go back to teaching at the high school last week, and of course, the kids teased me a bit about that!! I told them it was a Christmas present...we knew we had to lose one game so we were nice enough to pick them!!!
    We miss Wisconsin, but we still get the midwest feeling here, so all is good!!

It's awesome to see and hear of so many other Packer fans in different states, whatever the reason! I know we have a lot of family in Utah and, since they have no professional football team, there are a lot of Packer backers there as well.
    Even cooler that Jordy is from the area you live now! I <3 Jordy --- he follows a close 2nd behind my man, Clay. ;) Quite the game he (Jordy) had last weekend!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Hello group! I live with my family in Michigan, but my hu/sand is from Manitowoc so I am a converted Packer fan (for the last 17 years).
  • leighjack
    leighjack Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!! My name is Leigh; I am not from Wisconsin but lived there for 3 years in Appleton. I married a die hard Packers fan, so now my whole family loves the Packers!!! I have quite a bit of weight to lose and my husband suggested that I find some Wisconsin people for support. I really LOVED living in Wisconsin. I am from Alabama and now we live all over since my husband is in the Army. I am always open to new friends. :) Good Luck to all. :)
  • knl124
    knl124 Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm Kayla. I only lived in Wisconsin (Wausau) for two years when I was really young, but my family all love the Packers! We currently live in Illinois and used to live by St. Louis where we were surrounded by Rams fans. Boo!!! Luckily, they are no good anyway. haha. The only vacation we ever take is to Lambeau field and especially now that they have the amazing 5k! I was so happy to see there was a group of people who I had something in common with other than the fact that we are on here to get a healthier lifestyle. I check the Packers website daily and can't wait for August!