Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

8/1/11 check in

Hi we are approaching the last month of this challenge, how is it looking for your goal? I think i will surpass mine which is great!

Check in:
starting weight: 251
week 1: 247
week 2: 242
week 3: 239
week 4: 235
week 5: 231
week 6: no weigh in
week 7: 228
week 8: 225
weight loss this week: 3 pounds
total loss: 26 lbs

I have not exercised at all but to be honest i will not be setting myself any new challenges other than staying on track with my diet until February which is when my exams finish.

Replies

• m1nky
    m1nky Posts: 104 Member
    Starting weight: 150
    Week 1: 147
    Week 2: 146
    Week 3: 143.7
    Week 4: 144
    Week 5: out of town ee
    Week 6: 142
    Week 7: 142
    Current weight: 141
    Weight lost: 1lbs
    Total lost: 9lbs

Last weeks personal challenge: Get to the gym three times (bonus points for a fourth!) Remain under my calorie goal (1500 base) every day this week.

Made it to the gym 3 times and stayed under my calories goal.

This weeks challenge: The gym is closed so work hard on food choices and videos.
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    congrats on the loss and meeting your challenge!
  • m1nky
    Thanks! You're doing wonderful! With all the holiday/New Year left overs still everywhere you look I am impressed at your 3lbs loss.

I'm really having a problem not focusing so completely on the numbers of the scale. At 141 I am at a healthy bmi and I know the weight is sustainable and I FEEL so much better than I did just one year ago but my "magic" number of 135 is still in the back of my head. I'm attempting to refocus on my body fat to muscle percents (currently I'm between 31% and 34% - depending on what site you use) but the shift in thinking is proving a little difficult. I'd like to be closer to 25% with a little less jiggle following me around and rationally I know that "muscle weighs more than fat" but that doesn't make me cringe any less at the stall in weight loss.

It's all about baby steps.
  • hebbby
    hebbby Posts: 70
    how do you measure body fat to muscle percentage? It may take a while to focus on something different but make sure to celebrate every step/percentage!
  • m1nky
    I use this page: http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/body-fat-percentage-calculator ... for body fat%
    and this page: http://www.livestrong.com/article/501467-how-to-calculate-muscle-mass-percentage/ ... for muscle mass%.

They aren't as accurate as a scale or a few different options but it's easy to do from home.