Creatine

What kind of creatine do you use if any?, For the first time I just tried Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine and I was skeptical before I tried because you can get a 3lb container for 15 bucks at Walmart and typically when somethings a pretty cheap price like that it doesnt work that great, but WOW! this stuff was awesome I noticed a HUGE difference,I read reviews on a few different sites (walmarts and bodybuilding.com were the main 2) and it has pretty good reviews, my buddy uses Jack3d and says its pretty good, and another one of my buddies uses MusclePharm and he likes it alot to.

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    I use Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder, but I haven't been using it very long yet ... before it, I wasn't using any creatine.

What kind of differences have you noticed and over what time frame?
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    that was my first time using creatine and I noticed I had increased reps significantly and had more energy throughout the workout.
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Olimp Creatine Xplode. I guess it helps I will see when I stop it for a month.
  • Breally
    Breally Posts: 10
    Best suggestion is to stay away from it. The best way to go about nutrition is getting the most out of your diet. Remember too much of anything is a bad thing. Keep working hard!
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 682 Member
    What kind of creatine do you use if any?, For the first time I just tried Body Fortress Super Advanced Creatine and I was skeptical before I tried because you can get a 3lb container for 15 bucks at Walmart and typically when somethings a pretty cheap price like that it doesnt work that great, but WOW! this stuff was awesome I noticed a HUGE difference,I read reviews on a few different sites (walmarts and bodybuilding.com were the main 2) and it has pretty good reviews, my buddy uses Jack3d and says its pretty good, and another one of my buddies uses MusclePharm and he likes it alot to.

you're talking about different products...Jacked is not a creatine supplement.

go buy some Creatine Monohydrate. it's dirt cheap but it works. look for a brand with a "Creapure" logo on it. i think you should do some more research though to see if this is actually something you need and suits your goals. it sounds like you are not really sure what you're looking for.
  • dane11235813
    Best suggestion is to stay away from it. The best way to go about nutrition is getting the most out of your diet. Remember too much of anything is a bad thing. Keep working hard!

why is this the 'best suggestion'?

why is everyone on here a bro-scientist?
  • istalkzombies

go buy some Creatine Monohydrate. it's dirt cheap but it works. look for a brand with a "Creapure" logo on it. i think you should do some more research though to see if this is actually something you need and suits your goals. it sounds like you are not really sure what you're looking for.

Jacked does contain some creatine although you are corrects its not the main ingredient. I dont use it, Im bulding muscle and cutting fat is all im doing so creatine and whey protein (with BCAA's) are the only supplements I use.
  • dane11235813
    get yourself some Allmax creatine monohydrate

you should be able to get 1000g (200 servings) for around $20-$30 depending on where you live

take 5 grams a day. you don't need any more than that. after a while you can even drop it down to 3 grams a day.

Jacked does contain some creatine although you are corrects its not the main ingredient. I dont use it, Im bulding muscle and cutting fat is all im doing so creatine and whey protein (with BCAA's) are the only supplements I use.
  • istalkzombies
    awesome man thanks for that info, after im done with the Body Fortress ill give that stuff a try, looks like on (http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/creatine.html) 200 servings for 20 bucks,not bad at all
    get yourself some Allmax creatine monohydrate

you should be able to get 1000g (200 servings) for around $20-$30 depending on where you live

take 5 grams a day. you don't need any more than that. after a while you can even drop it down to 3 grams a day.

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    I have used it in the past, when it first came out and they had you "loading" and what not. I dont bother with it anymore, i have tried jacked3d and some others and they dont do much for me personally. I dont feel its necessary.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Ive only tried it twice. Both times I practically puked my ring up.
  • Creatine is probably the best researched and most effective muscle bulding supplement on the market other than whey protein. You certainly don't need it, but it is very cheap and well worth your money. Without getting too much into the science, it basically recycles ATP which is your muscle energy store.It draws water into your muscle cells and gives a volumizing effect and helps increase the load bearing capacity of your fast twitch muscle fibers. Make sure you hydrate, or it will cause you to cramp up, trust me I know this from experience. Stay away from the creatine mixtures, just get yourself some creatine monohydrate and mix it with juice. Sugar helps with creatine uptake.