Introduce Yourself!

Options
hm_day
hm_day Posts: 857 Member
Well, since I started the post, I'll start!

My name's Heather, and I'm an MFP addict.
I started on MFP back on July? August? And I loved it. Still do. I've lost 13lbs (Started at 147, now down to 132) just by exercising and eating right!
I had arthroscopic surgery back in April on my hip, and was off my feet with no muscle whatsoever. Now I'm training for a 5k race this upcoming April :)

Replies

• twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm Tara, a senior at LSU, and 23 years old. I started MFP back in January 2010. My starting weight was 293 and I am currently down to 228 lbs. I have been taking medication for high blood pressure and blood sugar for some months now, but my doctor says if I continue to lose the weight at the healthy pace I am going at, I may not need to take the medications in the future as both my blood pressure and blood sugar have decreased significantly. My overall goal weight is at 150 lbs, but I'm aiming at 170 lbs. It's gonna get tougher now that the holidays are upon us, but will power will definitely be at play!
  • rebelgirl16
    Options
    I'm Amanda! A high school senior ( yes I am a youngin) Starting my journey tomorrow! There are many reasons I want to lose weight but the main one is that I want to get it off before I go off to college! I need all the support I can get and it would be greatly appreciated if people would add me. I have about 22 pounds to lose and quite a bit toning up to do.
  • hm_day
    Options
    I'm Amanda! A high school senior ( yes I am a youngin) Starting my journey tomorrow! There are many reasons I want to lose weight but the main one is that I want to get it off before I go off to college! I need all the support I can get and it would be greatly appreciated if people would add me. I have about 22 pounds to lose and quite a bit toning up to do.

Hi Amanda! It's okay, I'm only 19. So we're close in age :)
  • KelcBo
    Options
    I'm Kelcy, and I'm a 25 year old bride-to-be. I've already lost 12 pounds, but I'd like to lose 12 more if possible and keep toning. I'm lucky enough to not have any health problems other than some back issues.
  • donaldblanton
    Options
    Hi, my name is Donald, and I noticed that I am older than at least two of you put together, lol. I joined about a week ago. I started to lose weight about 3 years ago. I was 370 pounds. I got the lap band and started losing weight. Then I started having pain issues, took a year but ended up being told I had cancer. I have spent 2011 dealing with surgery, chemo and radiation fighting cancer. I finished my last treatment a week ago and decided no time like the present to start losing again. I joined the site and have been happy so far with it. First week I have lost 7 pounds. I am currently at 292 pounds. I still have to get my strength back from chemo and radiation. I don't have many friends on here so thought I would try some groups to help out.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hi, my name is Donald, and I noticed that I am older than at least two of you put together, lol. I joined about a week ago. I started to lose weight about 3 years ago. I was 370 pounds. I got the lap band and started losing weight. Then I started having pain issues, took a year but ended up being told I had cancer. I have spent 2011 dealing with surgery, chemo and radiation fighting cancer. I finished my last treatment a week ago and decided no time like the present to start losing again. I joined the site and have been happy so far with it. First week I have lost 7 pounds. I am currently at 292 pounds. I still have to get my strength back from chemo and radiation. I don't have many friends on here so thought I would try some groups to help out.

Hi Donald!! I am also in recovery, but not from anything as extensive as what you've gone through. This is a good group of people though, I've been working with a lot of them for a while, some since I started a few months ago :)
  • TazzyDB
    TazzyDB Posts: 224
    Options
    Hi Gang... my name is Dorrie and I am 41 years old. Reading your posts I am feeling a bit old.... but I am a kid at heart so it'll pass. LOL

I started MFP almost 4 months ago and weighed 240 pounds. My goal is to be under 200 by the end of the year. It's a tough challenge with the holidays around the corner, but I am feeling very motivated right now.

I don't have a support system at home but the one I've gained through MFP is priceless.

I look forward to getting to all you and sharing in your triumphs!
  • rosaidamiddleton
    rosaidamiddleton Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hello All!!

I am Rosaida, from the Dominican Republic, 27 years old. Hotelier + Pastry Chef. I love bread. I work for Baskin Robbins. I started back in September because a friend of mine told me MFP would be a good tool to count my calories and after joining I absolutly love it.

Most of the times when I am not busy I am very active here at MFP, so you can count on me to cheer you on, to motivate you.

After joining I have lost 11 pounds, it might seem too little but, I am fine, I am doing strength training + cardio at the same time, so you can imagine I wont be losing as much.

I am glad we all decided to join this group.

Welcome and add me as a friend if you would like :D
  • hm_day
    Options
    Welcome everyone :)
    On a bit of an unrelated note, the challenges topic is open for you guys as well. Under that topic, if you guys want to write in any ideas for the upcoming challenges, that's the place to do it. It will continue to be a sticky topic so that we can write in there at the start of each challenge week. The challenges will be posted in a separate topic.
    Also, if anyone is interested in becoming a moderator, feel free to message me. I assigned a few mods just because I can't do it on my own. But the more dedicated I see you to be, the more likely I am to appoint you as a mod.

Anyway, continue on with your intros :)
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I'm Tara, a senior at LSU, and 23 years old.

awww! i graduated from LSU... :happy: i guess this will be my intro lol i'm jasmine, i'm 25, originally from chicago but spent almost 10 years in new orleans/southern louisiana, so i call them both home. i'm on here just to clean up my eating habits and track my intake and burn numbers. i love art, extreme sports, books and music.
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! I'm Olivia and I've been with MFP Since February 2011. I have lost 28 lbs and I'm just a few lbs from being back to "healthy" BMI for the first time in my entire life.

I was overweight or obese my entire life, including childhood. Back in 2008 I decided to get healthy. Got to the lowest weight of my entire adult life the summer of '09 (155) and then got pregnant. We all know how that goes with weight gain and loss after child. My daughter is now 18 months and I am determined to be a healthy model for her, I don't want to set the unhealthy patterns for her that my parents set for me.

I have participated in many challenges here on MFP and even have run a few. I love the comraderie that comes from them and find it to be such a motivator to share my own successes, strategies and struggles with others, as well as to hear other's as well.

I am glad to be here and look forward to making new friends, continuing my healthy journey and learning, laughing and loving life with you all along the way :heart:
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've been in MFP for 3 months.. i've lost 30 some pounds :) Im a total gym rat now a days and I play lots of hockey! :) hi too all!!!!
  • tristahenry
    Options
    Hey all - imagine my surprise when I've been down for a few weeks and I find this wonderful new forum. Thanks so much Heather for being an MFP genius.

So... my name is Trista, I'm 29 and a graduate student at Rowan University. You will see I've been pretty inactive lately. I had my sesamoid bone removed from my right foot about a week and a half ago and I am just starting to get out of my post-surgery and pain killer haze. I'm looking forward to getting back to my journey but I've still got another 2-3 weeks before I can stand on my own two feet (no pun intended) so I'm not going to torture myself with tracking. I've started and stopped my weight loss journey several times. I started at 161 and I'm now 151. I was training for a 10K when I broke my foot and can't wait to give into the running bug again.
  • hm_day
    Options
    Hey all - imagine my surprise when I've been down for a few weeks and I find this wonderful new forum. Thanks so much Heather for being an MFP genius.

So... my name is Trista, I'm 29 and a graduate student at Rowan University. You will see I've been pretty inactive lately. I had my sesamoid bone removed from my right foot about a week and a half ago and I am just starting to get out of my post-surgery and pain killer haze. I'm looking forward to getting back to my journey but I've still got another 2-3 weeks before I can stand on my own two feet (no pun intended) so I'm not going to torture myself with tracking. I've started and stopped my weight loss journey several times. I started at 161 and I'm now 151. I was training for a 10K when I broke my foot and can't wait to give into the running bug again.

Trista, it is so good to see you back on here again. I'm glad to hear your surgery was successful and that you're recovering.
  • vitamon
    Options
    I'm "V." I've been making a serious effort to lose weight since 2010 when I retired. I did great - lost 35 lbs.- until the holidays of 2011. Then I regained 12 lbs. This time I'm joining a support group. I know with your encouragement and suggestings I will be able to meet my goal this year.
  • hm_day
    Options
    I'm "V." I've been making a serious effort to lose weight since 2010 when I retired. I did great - lost 35 lbs.- until the holidays of 2011. Then I regained 12 lbs. This time I'm joining a support group. I know with your encouragement and suggestings I will be able to meet my goal this year.

Hi V! I'm the admin of this group. Feel free to add me. I'm trying to get everyone kind of motivated after the holidays. I love having new people on here to bring in that new spirit that gets everyone else going as well! Think you're up for the challenge? ;)