Personal Update

Options
So I thought this would be a great place to tell people whats going on in your life, if you need some encouragement.

My personal update is that I currently have scarlet fever, I was diagnosed just yesterday and put on the antibiotics. To save you some google time scarlet fever was once a terrible mystery disease but now a days, its typically unheard of because it isn't such a bad thing anymore.

Basically it is strep throat. It's super contagious, and i have this rash that has taken over my body. My temperature should be gone by tomorrow but the rash will last for 2 - 3 weeks and then it will peel.

The fact that I cant really eat is really taking some weight off, its unhealthy but necessary. But the fact that I cant exercise kinda sucks because exercise makes me happy, but then again so does sleep and disney movies.

On top of all that, last march I had butt surgery for a pilonidal cyst and I think either the scarlet fever rash (which starts in skin folds) or the fact of how im sitting has put to much pressure on the scar, it is quite inflamed and hurts like a mofo.

This time does allow me to mentally prepare for school coming up and ive got a friend that wants to hit the gym during our times off :)

So what is going on in your life?

Replies

• Freedom4Brooke
    Options
    So sorry to hear that!!! Hope you feel better soon!!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wow, hoping for a quick and healthy recovery for you.

Today I decided to start over. During the holiday, I really fell, tripped and jumped off the wagon. I was so close to Onederland, I was at 206. But Christmas came and I gain almost 20 lbs. So embarrassed, mad and just plain disgusted.:explode: Then TOM:angry: came last week and he was of no help for anything. Only went to the gym twice and ate like crap. Was talking to a friend last night and decided that today I am starting over. No thinking of the past, no regretting what I did, nothing. I am going to go forward like today is the first day of my new lifestyle change and lose the next 33lbs.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just started another tough semester of MBA classes. This plus exercise will be taking up all of my time until April, then I get married in June! It will be quite the challenge to keep up with everything, but hopefully with a little discipline I will be able to do it without too much drama.
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    andshrinking... get lots of rest. My son had scarlet fever last year. It basically is strep that has gone overboard because it wasn't diagnosed early enough.

Cantogirl... I do start overs all the time. Best to just put it behind you and move forward.

erisfreenici... You are one busy woman! I have a feeling exercise will be you place of peace before your wedding. I know I hit the gym a lot the months leading up to my wedding just to keep myself sane.

As for me... I am busy with our home business my husband and I have. Add in carpool duties for my two kids (14 and 5), 2 crazy dogs, normal house work, volunteer duties, doctor visits and therapy (my daughter has hearing lose and is blind in one eye, my son has autism). I am one worn out frazzled mom. I need to get myself healthy to keep up with it all. I also was diagnosed a few months ago with progressive arthitis in my foot. I know being lighter will make it not hurt so much.