January - Kicking Fat to the Curb!

Options
SammyPacks
SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
Hey gal pals!

My name is Samantha, and I'm going to be starting my third quarter of college on January 9, 2012! Finishing up my first year of college is exciting to know that I will no longer be considered a freshman! :)

I'm posting this topic because after all the months I've been on MFP I've never posted anything like this and it seems like so much fun and a huge motivation!

"Kicking Fat to the Curb" is going to be a monthly thing for this group! What better way to start than January! It'll be a simple record of this groups success! What I want everyone to do is keep a log, or keep track of how many calories you burned for the month! If you're in that'll be great to see the amazing number we get as a group!

At the end of each month (so for this month, I'd like replies around February 1st) of how many calories they burned for the whole month as well as how much weight they lost. So I will start!

SW prior to MFP: 189
CW: 155

I can't wait to see how much calories I can burn with you guys as well as all the progress everyone makes on their weight loss journey! Let's do it girls!

Replies

• lobearjw
    Options
    I'm definietely in on this!!! :smile:
    This is going to be a great experience.
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I'm definietely in on this!!! :smile:
    This is going to be a great experience.

Yay! I'm glad! I'm going to make a list of all the members of this little project to see how it goes! :) Happy losing!
  • lobearjw
    Options
    :) Cool Beans!!!! Would you like to help be a moderator and in charge of the monthly contest?
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    That'll be cool :)!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    YESSSSS let's burn those calories and beat that fat!

Question: do the first 6 days of January count (before this challenge was posted?) If so, I'm off to a rockin' start.

SW: 190
    CW: 152.2
    GW: 140
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    Yes! They count indeed :) I added some of my past workouts into this as well :)! I'll be adding you to the list as well :)
  • AIKENDE01
    Options
    So excited about this. it is such a great idea! cant wait to add my #s to the total!
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    So excited about this. it is such a great idea! cant wait to add my #s to the total!

Just added you to the list as well! :)
  • anasf139
    anasf139 Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm up for this too!
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I'm up for this too!

You're added now too! :)
  • creepycuteee
    creepycuteee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm down.

SW/CW: 170
    GW: 115
  • puffgrace
    Options
    count me in :)

CW: 136

UGW: 115
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I'll add you two when my computer starts to work again... going to have to reboot the darn thing...
  • adimeadance
    adimeadance Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in if it's not too late!
  • kjjfisher
    kjjfisher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Im in too!!
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    Since it's now January 10th officially, I'd like to close this group (just for this month, anyone can join next month for the new results!) There are 8 people apart of this months journey into weight loss! Thank you all for joining! Work hard everyone!
  • colleen_mairead
    colleen_mairead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan girls :D
  • keiagetsfit
    Options
    Woo hoo! I'm in :))
  • SammyPacks
    Options
    I added you two girls anddd... now the group is closed :P
  • kgratz27