Awesome Recovery Drink Recipe

Options
I have found this recovery drink to be great for workout recovery and the energy needed to get through the rest of my day after I workout. Drink within two hours of your workout.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon whole flaxseed, ground fine
1/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries (about 4-5 berries)
1 carrot
1 cup kale, spinach, mustard, or other green, leafy thing (1-3 leaves)
1 tablespoon pomegranate concentrate (not juice)
1/2 cup 100% grape juice
1/2 cup ice cold water
1 scoop (30g) whey protein powder

First, grind 1 tablespoon whole flaxseed in a coffee grinder or other blade grinder for 20 seconds (you want it very fine). Use two tablespoons milled flaxseed if you can’t grind.

Next, grab the blender and add the berries, carrot, kale, pomegranate concentrate and juice. Also add the full 1/2 cup of cold water now or 1/4 cup until you see the consistency of drink you want. Blend this on Puree for 60-90 seconds.

While this is blending, I pour in the flaxseed mill; let that mix for a few seconds and then add the protein powder at the end for no more than 10 seconds (it will get thick quick).

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Replies

• spartacus69
    Options
    I bet that's good ... do you know the calorie count and protein/carb levels?
  • Pdot64
    Pdot64 Posts: 5
    Options
    The counts vary depending on exact ingredients, but here are the averages: Calories - 460, Carbs - 74, Fat - 5 & Protein - 33
  • jdleaser68
    Options
    Great recipe. Mine is very similar - since I workout early a.m., it's a combo recovery/breakfast:

- 1 cup frozen organic fruit
    - 2 tbsp ground organic flax seed
    - 1 cup pure, unsweetened cranberry juice (Knudsen's is best)
    - 1 scoop of whey protein (Pure Protein brand)

It's a fuzz less than 400 calories, is filled with essentials, and lasts me 3 - 4 hours. Sometimes I'll throw in a banana or a 1/4 cup of dry oatmeal, if I feel like I need the extra carbs.