20 Right lunge
20 Left lunge
30 second plank
20 pushups
30 second side plank (right)
20 plies
30 second side plank (left)

Replies

• How many times a week should this be done?
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    I'd go for 3-4 times a week. It's a quick workout and easy to squeeze in!
  • jennajosephine
    jennajosephine Posts: 85 Member
    What is a plank?
  • FunkBunny
    Lay on the floor on your stomach and raise yourself up on your toes and your forearms. Hold that position, with your back flat and belly tight. To side plank, same starting position but turn your shoulders so they are in a straight line up and down and hold yourself up with one arm.
  • Completed the derby girl workout for the first time. It is a good workout. Got my pulse rate up and my muscles warm. :happy:
  • i am not sure how to record this workout for my daily exercise here . ..Do you have a suggestion?
  • FunkBunny
    You could call it "strength training" I think there is taht option in the cardio area, or log each move seperately in the strength section of exercise.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    whats a plies?
  • FunkBunny
    Stand with your feet together at the ankles with your toes pointed out to the side as far as you can and then squat your butt down (think ballerina) :wink:
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    Argh me sees  tanks I'll have a shot at this one tomorrow morns I think
  • LOVE IT, gonna try it!
  • jitzu31
    jitzu31 Posts: 6 Member
    This is great! I am always confused as what I should do next!! I am going to add it to my daily exercise!!!
  • violet_sphinx
    violet_sphinx Posts: 26 Member
    This seems great! I told one of the girls on the team I'm learning with about the workout and she seemed impressed! I gave it a go over the weekend and it's very challenging at first, but feels like it works all the right areas. I think I'll try to do it every day I don't have skating. Also, it takes very little time, so it's easy to squeeze in. Thanks!
  • violet_sphinx
    violet_sphinx Posts: 26 Member
    By the way, has anyone else discovered the thigh-killing activity that is doing squats while standing on your skate's toe stops? I think this makes a fun/horrible variation on normal squats! :)