January 10 bible verse

Options
kitavery
kitavery Posts: 16 Member
To bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Isaiah 61:3

After putting my dog down last night this scripture comforts me. He can provide these for us....I know we can feel like ashes or despair bc of needing to loose weight. However, Christ wants us to feel beautiful and have a spirit that praises Him. Let's lean on Him.

Replies

• Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Awesome scripture. He really does crown us with beauty and we turn it into ashes. PTL He is still alive.
  • FuzzieJelly
    FuzzieJelly Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I iwill keep this one in my heart today. Thanks for the verse. Have a wonderful day.
  • Tinysoon
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss. May God comfort you and your family. Father God comforts those who mourn, and I have mourned a pet. My prayers are with you today. Thank you for the awesome verse.
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    Lovely scriptures. It's amazing how beautiful we look in Gods eyes. My sis-in-law had to put her dog down this past summer. Very heart breaking for the family. I have a 10 year old lab and I just can't imagine having to do that. So glad God has words to comfort us no matter what we are going through. God bless you and again thank you for the Words.