Let's get it done this year...

Options
seamaid
seamaid Posts: 3 Member
Hi....I have been working on losing this weight for years now and I have had it! 2012 is going to be the year to get it done (or at least a good start on it). I live just minutes from the beach but can't even enjoy it except when I drive the short distance and set in the car because I am unable to walk the trails to the water!
I am so excited about starting this new chapter in my life and hope that with joining a group that this time will be different!
I would love to have ideas for quick, easy meals!

Replies

• uktsb
    uktsb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love your photo :)

I need to lose just over 100lb. I seem to hide it in photo's that I choose to publish, but the photo's that are taken of me are just horrible and I am so ashamed of how I look now.

I really have also decided that THIS is the year.

Good luck to you with your weight loss journey and I hope that as the good weather comes (I'm assuming you are not in Australia where they have the good weather in January!) you start to be able to enjoy the trails near the beach.
  • Salava
    Salava Posts: 2
    Options
    Im with you seamaid. 2012 is the year! No more excuses!
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment all the way and as I put it on my profile: "This year is different - I need to be ready for the zombie apocalypse"
  • tanyafox
    tanyafox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am excited to join this group! Wishing everyone the best with their goals! I am a 31 year old mommy of an awesome 3 year old, and I am looking forward to passing on a healthy lifestyle to him. I am currently 270 lbs and my goal weight is 150 lbs. I personally use a lot of exercise dvds and my xbox 360 for my exercise routine. As soon as school begins again I will be able to do weight training at the school gym. As for nutrition, my husband is diabetic so we incorporate a lot of whole grains and watch our sugar intake. Looking to get rid of the highly processed foods that come with needing convenience. Thanks again for letting me be part of this group! =)
  • Smilejoelle1
    Smilejoelle1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading the book entitled "Attitude is Everything" this is my 2nd go round with this book. The first time was great for an adjustment with my general outlook on life.

But this time as I read the book, it's specifically to encourage me with my weight loss. The book opens with the quote below, and I think it applies here. So I thought I'd share it :

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind." - William James

I've changed my mind...I don't want to be fat anymore. I wanna run again. I wanna be healthy! I don't wanna hide, I want my awesomeness on the inside to shine on the outside, and I'm sooo grateful that MFP has made an open forum so that I can share my journey with people who share a common goal!

As they say: We've got this!! Lets do it!!
  • tanyafox
    tanyafox Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love the quote Smile! It is true that so much depends on the attitude you start with. I watch The Biggest Loser for inspiration, and the ones that I see drop the greatest amount of weight are the ones that have the "Can Do" attitude. Usually when I have a setback such as a bad day of eating or not enough exercising, I would get so discouraged that I would give up. The last few times I have had this kind of setback though, I look through it towards the goal and realize I can't take back the calories I ate, but I can work out that much harder and try to make a better choice next time. The attitude says it all! Let's make it a
    "Can Do" kinda year! Good luck to all of you!
  • nanicksmom
    nanicksmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2012 is going to be my year too, In 2006 I lost 90 lbs with diet and exercise, and since then 80 of it has found its way back. I have used all the excuses, too busy, too hard etc, then 2 years ago I tore my Achilles tendon and was in a cast for 9 weeks.. after that I lost all motivation. Now it is back, I need to do this and there are no more excuses!
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sentiment all the way and as I put it on my profile: "This year is different - I need to be ready for the zombie apocalypse"

SaToBSaT:

Coolest profile pic EVER.

I agree with you all -- this is our year! Add me! :D