Day 63 Challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Today's challenge: Replace a normal fat with a healthy one! Usually have chips with cheese dip? Try hummus or guacamole! Use ranch on your salad? Try olive oil and vinegar. Monounsaturated fats are hugely important to your health, and they keep you full as well! Your body will thank you.
Make a great day MFP!

Replies

• kathleen2001
    Options
    I don't have any fats planned for today. But I thought I would give an idea. When making tuna salad use light sour cream instead of mayo. It is good and way less fat and calories!
  • colleen_mairead
    colleen_mairead Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have any fats planned for today. But I thought I would give an idea. When making tuna salad use light sour cream instead of mayo. It is good and way less fat and calories!

That is. Suchhhhhhhhhhhh a good idea! O: Ohhhhh mannnnnnnn!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    i love ranch! don't make me give it up!!! ha...okay, i'll try it :D
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't give up butter the substitutes just don't compare to the taste of the real thing. I will however give up mayo for my sandwiches and half and half for my morning coffee.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    great challenge
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree what a great idea
  • atibrat
    atibrat Posts: 70 Member
    Options

That is. Suchhhhhhhhhhhh a good idea! O: Ohhhhh mannnnnnnn!

I agree what a great idea
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I took ur advice and gave up my regular salad dressing for some olive oil and vinager.

thanks,
    denise
  • Lippis
    Lippis Posts: 21
    Options
    I obstained from all creamy salad dressings at lunch and dinner - good challenge!
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As an update I've decided to replace mayo with tzatziki dip (some recipes call for sour cream which I may avoid or try a light version) and I've forgotten how good black coffee can taste with a little sugar.
  • myturtleflys
    Options
    I replaced sugar in my tea with trivia sweetener and lemon.