More energy DAYS later?

Options
So, this morning I went to bootcamp class - usually a killer - and I felt, um...., bouncy. Last night was night 3 without alcohol and the wince-y truth is that is something of a record for me in this last decade. Do you think it's possible that the effects of drinking could last like days afterwards? I mean, why would I feel cumulatively better? Has anyone noticed anything like this before?

Replies

• dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have found it takes a couple days to "detox" . Just like stopping caffeine cold turkey it takes a while because we have become accustomed to feeling a certain way. I think it take a few for the liver to work it all out! Now if you do have a tasty beverage you will feel the difference the next day.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I definately do think it takes time for it to get out of your system. I bet you'll feel even better tomorrow!

Absolutely a benefit to not drinking!
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    love it...yes, I think that it may take some time to "get it out of your system:" as another poster said. I have absolutely notices this. With alcohol it is not "just" calories in calories out as we'd all like to believe. It is a socially accepted toxin, but it is a toxin :(.
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks for the thoughts. I am tempted to drink something tonight (got good news at work) but am hesitant to ruin my progress so far. Also, I have spinning tomorrow a.m. and want to beast it. Make that Beast It. Will let you know what I decide to do....
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    thanks for the thoughts. I am tempted to drink something tonight (got good news at work) but am hesitant to ruin my progress so far. Also, I have spinning tomorrow a.m. and want to beast it. Make that Beast It. Will let you know what I decide to do....

Congratulations on the good news !
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    thanks! I did have the wine but that was NOT a good idea! Going to give it up entirely. Just rambled on about it on one of the other strings but crappy migraine and stuffed head today seal the deal: no mas. I never thought I'd be a tee-totaler but it looks like I am for now.