RED TEAM WEEK 2 CHALLENGE

Options
fitmom_pam1976
fitmom_pam1976 Posts: 1,192 Member
OK RED TEAM! You guys really rocked it last week with the crunches!!! I want to focus on the diet part or our weightloss journey in this weeks challenge. RED TEAM WEEK 2 CHALLENGE is to avoid (or try to avoid) eating past 8pm. I tried this last week and have noticed that I slept better at night and it also helped me to lose weight. Now I understand that this is not possible for everyone. Some people have work schedules that will not allow this. Try to stop eating 2 hrs before you go to sleep. This will allow enough time for your body to metabolize the food.

Let's not forget the other challenges. Remember...this is a LIFE change!!! So, let's continue to drink our water and do the crunches!!! If you can increase the crunches.....even better!!! Challenge YOURSELF!!!

Let me know how you guys do with this weeks challenge! Good Luck and GOOOOOO RED TEAM!!!!!!!!!

Pam :)

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great challenge, I've done this last week, I actually try to stop eating after 6pm at dinner, it really helped me and wasn't too hard for me surprisingly, as I used to love having snacks before bed while watching my shows, last night the hubby ate oreos n milk while we watched our show and I wasn't even tempted!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Great challenge, I've done this last week, I actually try to stop eating after 6pm at dinner, it really helped me and wasn't too hard for me surprisingly, as I used to love having snacks before bed while watching my shows, last night the hubby ate oreos n milk while we watched our show and I wasn't even tempted!

That is GREAT!!!! You are doing awesome! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!
  • Alsison
    Alsison Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Let's do it!!

Cheers,

Alsison
  • WendyCollinson2004
    WendyCollinson2004 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I already have this one. I think in the last couple of months the only time I have eaten past 8pm is if I was having hot chocolate and peanut butter sandwiches.
    I actually made this change in my eating pattern ages ago (or so it seems).
  • Lirana
    Lirana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Can we change this challenge to "Don't eat x hours before bed?" I don't even get home from work till 8 pm!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Can we change this challenge to "Don't eat x hours before bed?" I don't even get home from work till 8 pm!

I did mention that in the original post. I do understand that work schedules can get hectic. Just try to make it 2 hours before bed time. You need to find what works for your schedule! Let me know what is working better for you. Good Luck!
  • Lirana
    Lirana Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I need to learn to read better. Sorry!
  • fitmom_pam1976
    Options
    Oh man, I need to learn to read better. Sorry!

No Problem! LOL!
  • weather4000
    weather4000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like this one. I already try to follow that rule but find it hard most of the time. I usually have extra calories I have to eat and by the time the kids go to bed (around 8) is when I can see exactly how many I have left. I will make it my goal to not eat after 8 this week.
  • justbecause2014
    justbecause2014 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This one should be easy. I eat dinner between 5-6 every night then I just drink water the rest of the night. I think i'm going to start doing 200 crunches a day tommorow!
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ruined it already. Got home from the gym at 9.15, had a bath, started my dinner at 10pm (nowhere near calorie goal/starving). Off to bed now (10.30). Will try again tomorrow!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Weekday, this challenge is easy for me since I'm on a schedule. But on weekend I have problem stick to this rule :(.
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Okay, this will be tough lol BUT im all for it! :)
  • 00Melo00
    00Melo00 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Will Do! Did the water, did the not eat past 7 and still working on the crunches. Can I substitute for sit ups? I don't think I was doing the crunches right.
  • 00Melo00
    Options
    I totally forgot to give my team a big cyber HIGH FIVE!!! Oughta be RED! We are all motivating each other and that's so awesome!:bigsmile:
  • 00Melo00
    Options
    TylorFisher1! You and I are almost working toward the same goal! I am working toward weighing 132. Yeee! By the way, my profile pic is totally not me. It's Jennifer Aniston, she's my motivation. I love her healthy and fit body.
  • taylorbrown1792
    taylorbrown1792 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    GO RED TEAM!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    TylorFisher1! By the way, my profile pic is totally not me. It's Jennifer Aniston, she's my motivation. I love her healthy and fit body.

Cool! I thought it was you all along and wondered why you were trying to lose weight. :)) I may put my motivator in as my profile photo too since you did. Wonder if anyone else is doing it?
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    OK, water, crunches, positve things about ourselves and no eating less than 2 hours before bed. Guess this all starts on Wed? hope so, cause I've just gotten home and will have to go to bed as soon as I watch my DVR'd BL cause we have to get up extra early tomorrow.
  • StrongGwen
    Options
    another good day., got all my crunches/leg lifts and kept with my plan. For the Challenge for today I will say that I am proud of myself for working out every day since we started a week ago and maintaining my food intake. I have even (gasp!) cooked some things on the stove all by myself! Still don't like doing it much, but it's gotta be done.