GREEN TEAM: WEEK TWO CHALLENGE

Options
This week we are shaking things up a little bit.

For our PHYSICAL challenge, we are doing a weekly challenge based on logging exercises... but we are breaking it down into daily activities. Each day we will have an activity of the day, and you can just log your minutes or reps. Don't worry about competing with team members - we have all fitness levels here. Just do the best you can - you are only competing against YOURSELF. As long as you are improving and moving, that's what counts! :happy:

MONDAY: Crunches

TUESDAY: Pushups (let us know what kind: wall, knee, full, or other)

WEDNESDAY: Lunges (great for your balance as well as glutes)

THURSDAY: Squats

FRIDAY: Burpies

If you have questions about how to do any of these exercises, please just ask!!

For our MENTAL challenge, I want each of us to think about what our biggest challenge or obstacle is to achieving our goal. Is it your belief in yourself? Time? Money (for buying healthy food)? Family or friends not supporting you? Or something else?

Post about it here, and we can all work together to find solutions or new ideas.

Good luck in week two!!!!

Replies

• BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Jan 10:

Crunches: 200
    Squats: 300
  • gettinfit29
    gettinfit29 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Monday-Crunches 100
    Tuesday- Pushups- 40 OMG were they ever so hard!
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Jan 10:

Do they have a smiley that is "I just fainted"???? You go girl!!! I hope to be there one day.

I managed 15 crunches Monday.

I got in 20 squats - but I am also at the start (very start) of fitness.
  • Tigermomma66
    Options
    Monday-Crunches 100
    Tuesday- Pushups- 40 OMG were they ever so hard!

That's awesome for Monday - I have to keep working to get there.

On Tuesday - that's great too! I managed 20 squats for Tuesday.

Keep it up Green Team!!!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Jan 10:

Do they have a smiley that is "I just fainted"???? You go girl!!! I hope to be there one day.

I managed 15 crunches Monday.

I got in 20 squats - but I am also at the start (very start) of fitness.

Thanks!! The more you do daily you will build up endurance. I probably started out doing about 20 squats and 25 crunches but my legs have gotten so strong that I do 3 sets of 100 squats and my core has gotten stronger so I'm able to do 4 sets of 50 crunches. I want to get to the point where I can do 2 sets of 100 crunches but I'm not there yet. I have more work to do. Keep working at it even if it isn't one of the challenges. It's a great workout.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Jan 11:

Pushups: 20
    Lunges: 25
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hey Green team how are we doing today? Let's get those squats in!!!! We can do this.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Jan 12:

• Tigermomma66
    Options
    Jan 12:

That's awesome!! I am so impressed!
  • Tigermomma66
    Options
    Hey Green team how are we doing today? Let's get those squats in!!!! We can do this.

I did two sets of 15 earlier, so I am getting better!

For the first time today, I saw progress in my workout. :bigsmile:
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options

I did two sets of 15 earlier, so I am getting better!

For the first time today, I saw progress in my workout. :bigsmile:

That's great Carla. Keep working at it and you will reach your goal.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    My biggest challenge so far is being in my last semester of school. I'm a culinary student and I'm in class on Wednesdays from 9am-8 pm which makes it hard to get my exercise in but I get it done. I prefer to workout in the day time but on Wednesdays I have to do it at night.

I look at it like this, to get the results I want, I have to be willing to make the necessary sacrifices. Green team, let's keep working toward our goals. I have no doubt it's going to pay off.:smooched:
  • slbauer63
    slbauer63 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Since I just was added to the Green Team, I didn't get a chance to see the weekly challenges until today. However, I can say that I have completed each type of exercise. It might not have been on the selected day and I have no idea of the reps (we track time in Adventure Boot Camp instead of reps), but I did do them. I am so excited to say I completed this and actually know what a burpie is now! Good Luck everyone! :bigsmile:

13251352.png
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Since I just was added to the Green Team, I didn't get a chance to see the weekly challenges until today. However, I can say that I have completed each type of exercise. It might not have been on the selected day and I have no idea of the reps (we track time in Adventure Boot Camp instead of reps), but I did do them. I am so excited to say I completed this and actually know what a burpie is now! Good Luck everyone! :bigsmile:

13251352.png

Welcome to the Green Team. Glad to have you aboard. Out of every exercise listed, burplies is my least favorite. To be honest, I hate them. But I will defeat them TODAY.:laugh: :laugh:
  • Jennycyr
    Jennycyr Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Having just been added to the green team I have to say starting the challenge with Burpies is quite a challenge! I will get them done today though!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Having just been added to the green team I have to say starting the challenge with Burpies is quite a challenge! I will get them done today though!

Welcome Jen!! Burpies is my least favorite too. They really cause me to step out of my comfort zone.
  • slbauer63
    slbauer63 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree with you - I hate the burpies as well but they are effective. I am sure I will be doing more of them during the next 3 week of my boot camp.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I agree with you - I hate the burpies as well but they are effective. I am sure I will be doing more of them during the next 3 week of my boot camp.

Bootcamp?!? Wow. I don't envy you. I never tried bootcamp. I'm sure one day I will. Let's go Team!!!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Didn't see this post until today. I'll look for week 3 challenge tomorrow!
  • hayleyhips
    hayleyhips Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No loss for me this week. Have to try harder next week xx