WEEK 1 Challenge

Options
Alright you guys, since I cannot workout this week due to scarlet fever, your challenge is to workout for me :)

I will list some of my typical workouts, pick one and either add it to your routine or replace a workout with it.

Take a pic and post it, or let me know how it felt, hopefully you pick one that you dont normally do.

1. Zumba. If you havent tried it please do this one, I'm not telling you to go to a class or even do a full hour just do at least one of these youtube routines that I LOVE

This one is for those who like to shake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYS9mh5mX7E&list=PL46E640F3BABE0437&index=3&feature=plpp_video
Great beat, fast paced, but the people in the back dont look perfect either, you dont need to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnMYxUK-40&feature=BFa&list=PL46E640F3BABE0437&lf=plpp_video
My favorite from my teacher in okinawa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWR0gFWUB3M&feature=BFa&list=PL46E640F3BABE0437&lf=plpp_video
simple beginner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHOOHWFPAlY&list=LLIi9i-e_C4IZq9CaM6ysLCw&index=3&feature=plpp_video

if your a DUDE and you think zumba is for girls only, do this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDl7fiJmdc

or do this one for your lady :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngv10ifLul4

2.I also have what I call the jenna marbles workout
this video might explain why
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_yc6AKXLI

but basically You get on any machine, i prefer elliptical
but for 5 minutes you go at a level 0 and either speed walk or jog, or run if you want then for the next minute you shoot up to a level where you can still move but its crazy hard and you do that for a minute, should be super hard and feel like going through molasses. Then you repeat this at least 3 times, I usually do about 5, and stretch

3. Getting something done workout

You workout and get something done. My things to be done are usually laundry, dishes or picking up the house. The rules are for dishes, you have to dance the whole time even if its just shaking your butt, and only one dish at a time. For laundry, I take one piece of clothing out of the dryer, fold it, then skip to my room, or speed walk, or hop, depends on my mood. Then I walk back and do it again. Picking up the house involves squats to pick things up or lunges and ten jumping jacks every time I go into a different room.

4. Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

5. Yoga dvd

last two are self explanatory

so let me know how it goes for you guys :)
burn some calories for me while i recover
THANKS

Replies

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting these. I am going to do the beginner Zumba, since never done it before. But looks super fun and a good workout. Will let you know how it goes....
  • sgarbacik
    sgarbacik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Under the zumba, that 2nd video looks like a blast!!! The only difficult part for me will be estimating calories burned...I don't have the money to buy a HRM. I guess I'll just have to take it as an extra bonus of calories burned. Thanks for the suggestions!! I hope you recover soon from your fever!
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will try the beginner zumba and let you know how it goes.
  • mbehr1983
    mbehr1983 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot!! I did w/o #2 and burned 413 calories. I was short on time and this allowed me to get a good work out in.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I will do Zumba and I have a different Jillian Michaels DVD, so i hope that will be ok! :D I'm doing Jillian here in about 10 minutes!
  • Lizzie1229
    Lizzie1229 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Going to attempt Zumba. I've never done it before but have watched a few videos. Yikes! ;)
  • cantaloupepickled
    Options
    Going to try #2 tonight on my elliptical... I usually get bored on it after 10 minutes or so... but this looks like a great challenge! I also like your creative clean-up work outs... I need to do some laundry so I will lunge my way to and from the living room to the bedroom closet! Thanks!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    30 DS Done yesterday!!! Will do it again today!
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    I did a run/walk last night, and I walked for 3 minutes, ran for 1 minute. I NEVER run, so this was an awesome challenge for me! And I felt so great afterwards! I hope the scarlett fever is getting better! :)
  • Jewels1869
    Jewels1869 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh Lord... I tried the beginner Zumba. LOL... I am just not coordinated enough to stick with it. I moved to the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred first video. I just finished and am sweating like crazy.
  • LaurN326
    LaurN326 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I found a yoga workout on my DVR. Very relaxing...look forward to doing more soon!
  • Freedom4Brooke
    Options
    I just downloaded the 30 day shred, plan on trying it tomorrow.... yoga was actually quite enjoyable, I was afraid I was going to be bored or feel stupid doing it, instead I'm quite content.
  • andshrinking
    andshrinking Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you guys are at least trying Zumba.

I could have given you an easier beginners that one is a bit challenging but its repetitive. Its not about getting it right, its really about the trying. Your muscles actually get a good workout flailing in different directions ahhaa

Scarlet fever is getting better Im going to try a very easy workout tomorrow and see if i can do it
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good challenge! I'm going to try and get up early enough to do a beginner Zumba class tomorrow (hopefully work won't go too late tonight). Last night I did 2 hrs worth of cooking and food prep, I had my Ipod on and danced as much as I could while chopping and cooking. It was fun! I'll definitely do that more often.
  • divergrrl
    divergrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Adding to your getting something done...when I'm waiting for the hot water or for the sink to fill I do push ups against the sink or squats. Also when cleaning counters make giant circles 15 times each arm.
  • kimberjo1
    Options
    Adding to your getting something done...when I'm waiting for the hot water or for the sink to fill I do push ups against the sink or squats. Also when cleaning counters make giant circles 15 times each arm.

Great idea! Find ways to get a workout in through out the day! I love it! :)
  • deftanker
    deftanker Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    dont tell anyone, they might pull my man card but I am liking Just Dance 3 on Kinects...
  • Scatterdragon
    Scatterdragon Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am on level 2 of the 30 day shred, and doing the Jillian Michaels banish fat and boost metabolism work out. I don't have time for much else, but it is a great workout!
  • I did some yoga and level 1 of the 30 Day Shred....that 30 day shred is killer!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I am getting stronger by the day! I already had to up my weights on my dumbbell exercises, and am getting ready to add dumbbells to my lunges and squats (I was doing bodyweight only for those). I want to add something like Zumba to my Winter cardio rotation though part of me just wants to put on my big girl pants and run outside in the cold ;)