Information about you!!

Options
MasonMelissa
MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
Hi there
My name is Melissa and i am 32 years old and I am a cook so losing weight for me is a dificult task. I also do not want to give up enjoying dinner out once a week with my husband and all the special occasions and holidays. This means that i will probably have to add more exercise where I can. I also have PCOS which does not help the weight loss fight.

12446860.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• AndreeAnneB
    AndreeAnneB Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I'm Andrée-Anne, I'm a Quebecoise (French-Canadian) and I'm 24 years old. I want to get fit and lose weight to be more healthy. I'm a sweet tooth and I think it's okay to treat yourself every now and then! I've been doing just that since August and I've 13.5 pounds so far :) I like to run - although it's not possible at the moment because of the weather - and I do yoga and pilates every morning, plus walk in the evening.
  • MarileeP
    MarileeP Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and a cook too and there are just some things I'm not willing to give up. In fact I blogged about it on Sunday. It is all about lifestyle change and choices. But I do beleive it's possible to lose weight and get fit and still enjoy life and not become obsessive - OK maybe just a little obsessive. :)

Looking forward to getting to know the group members!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    It will be very nice to get to know all the people that have joined the group.

Feel free to post feeling about anything food related or exercise related. I am looking at doing 6 days of watching what I eat and the exercise that I do and 1 day off so that I can have a night out to enjoy myself.

You can compinsate for the added calories either budgeting for it ahead of time or compinsate for it after the fact. My nutrionist told me that you have 3 days to fix an overage in calories by either reducing calories on either side of the day that you will be going over on or by adding extra exercise on either side of that free day.

So that free day is not a free day but it will feel like it.

12446860.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • stone307
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharon. I am a former chef but still love great food and drink and always will. I am a 43 year old, Mom of two fantastic kids, professional artist, and pet herder ( one Lab, three cats, and a hermit crab that refuses to die ).

What I need to fix: 1. Decreasing the evening wine intake 2. Stress eating 3. getting more cardio

What I am doing right: 1. Weights 2x per week with a trainer for over a year and a half.

My first goal: 10# lost and I will buy a new sports bra

What I say about myself as a joke but really it makes me sad that I have not fixed this: Underneath this marsh mellow exterior is one rock hard, well trained body. I am seriously very strong because of the work at weight training. Sadly, you cannot see the results due to not getting the trifecta right: weights-cardio-food.
  • karimiragliotta
    Options
    Hi All!
    My name is Kari. I'm 30yrs old and an executive assistant in a coporate office with long hours. I recently married my long time partner of 13yrs and i decided that I need to get fit and lose some (lots) of weight so that we can think about starting a family.

I have let the weight creep up on me over the past 5 years and am at a point where im not happy in any clothes I wear, be it new or old outfits. I want to be able to be happy with my body again and not be in a constant struggle!

I have started to watch what i eat and use MFP to keep me in check but i find it hard to get exercise into my day.

I have Ankylosing Spondilitis (AS) which is a condition that mainly affects the spine. The joints of the neck, back, pelvis, hips and shoulders become inflamed, causing pain and stiffness. The condition can also lead to fusing of the spine.
    Exercise & stretching is the best thing to combat it, so that is also why i want to get back onthe fitness wagon. I dont want to be the victim, i want to be the one in control of my body.

I think being able to see others getting active and doing their exercise will be a great nudge to me to do the same thing whenever i can find the time.

I dont want to go diet crazy so I plan to have some days hwere I will have to adjust for what I have eaten earlier.

I hope I can find some inspiration from all you lovely people as well as give back some inspiration too!!
  • MasonMelissa
    Options
    Hi All!
    My name is Kari. I'm 30yrs old and an executive assistant in a coporate office with long hours. I recently married my long time partner of 13yrs and i decided that I need to get fit and lose some (lots) of weight so that we can think about starting a family.

I have let the weight creep up on me over the past 5 years and am at a point where im not happy in any clothes I wear, be it new or old outfits. I want to be able to be happy with my body again and not be in a constant struggle!

I have started to watch what i eat and use MFP to keep me in check but i find it hard to get exercise into my day.

I have Ankylosing Spondilitis (AS) which is a condition that mainly affects the spine. The joints of the neck, back, pelvis, hips and shoulders become inflamed, causing pain and stiffness. The condition can also lead to fusing of the spine.
    Exercise & stretching is the best thing to combat it, so that is also why i want to get back onthe fitness wagon. I dont want to be the victim, i want to be the one in control of my body.

I think being able to see others getting active and doing their exercise will be a great nudge to me to do the same thing whenever i can find the time.

I dont want to go diet crazy so I plan to have some days hwere I will have to adjust for what I have eaten earlier.

I hope I can find some inspiration from all you lovely people as well as give back some inspiration too!!

Welcome Kari
    You have found a group of that will help keep you motivated and we will learn from each other on this weight loss journey.

Mel