Dear SWTOR

tameko2
tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
Please give me my free time back. I was using it to exercise.

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    I agree.

/sign

Ps. I would love to read my book and play thru Skyward Sword, too.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    /Disagree

Haha! I'm having too much fun :P
    Are you guys not enjoying the game?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Are you guys not enjoying the game?

Ehhhh I'm only level 4, but having trouble really getting into it for some reason, despite having enjoyed the beta. I just find myself navigating back to the games I already know. My computer hates it as well, which may be part of my issue. I can play everything else perfectly fine, and it runs things great, but as soon as I log on to SWTOR it's no longer smooth. Like, I try to turn slightly and it runs me into a freaking wall :frown: . I don't have a super PC, but it's incredibly annoying, and I have everything set to Low. Yet I can raid on Ultra High on LotRO...
  • tameko2
    uh no, we ARE enjoying it, that's the problem. If I wasn't enjoying it, I'd be working out.

Bregalad - yeah it sounds like your PC can't quite handle it. LOTRO is more than a few years old so probably not as high of requirements. A little extra ram would probably be enough to get you going though.

I find for me I just can't run OTHER crap - anything video intensive besides the game itself sucks up my performance badly.
  • kapeluza
    Yeah unfortunately it's a bit demanding of a game but totally worth it!

Try updating all your drivers, that seemed to help a friend with her issues!
  • kapeluza
    By the way, I think it's hilarious how the "people" you help throughout the game send you mails with credits lol.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    I keep hearing great things! I'm trying to resist another 2 months or until it's $19.99... I'm afraid of what will happen to me if I get into an MMO again lol. Keep me updated if it continues to be fantastic! =)
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    By the way, I think it's hilarious how the "people" you help throughout the game send you mails with credits lol.

I think it's more funny how cheap they are!

"You did a great job killing that guy for the Sith, here's your payment."

You receive 12 credits...
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    I'm lucky (in a sad way) - my computer can't handle SWTOR (I have a mac :( ), so I only get to play when the BF isn't playing on his account (ie, never!) :P

When I come home at night the upstairs neighbour has a HUGE (I'm talking 60"+) screen that you can see through the window, and I can see him playing SWTOR at night. SO JEALOUS!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Try updating all your drivers, that seemed to help a friend with her issues!

Yeah, already did that and it didn't help. My computer is on wireless (has to be because the router needs to be across the apartment), and even tried getting a new router and wireless adapter. Helped with everything else EXCEPT SWTOR, ha. Just feels like a waste of money, and my roommate is not happy because he hates the second M in MMO, so refuses to group with anyone... which means he's harassing me about leveling so I can help him with group quests *sigh*
  • tameko2

I think it's more funny how cheap they are!

"You did a great job killing that guy for the Sith, here's your payment."

You receive 12 credits...

OMG seriously! Or like I harrass someone for extra money and they're like "ok I have the budget to be generous" and then you get 300 credits. Really? REALLY? I could kill a couple mobs for that.
  • analisazrc
    analisazrc Posts: 3 Member
    making money in that game is one of the more annoying aspects especially when you consider the price of skills.

and i seem to have forgotten what exercise is since i got the game :S
  • jaxdiablo
    jaxdiablo Posts: 580
    Huge fan of the game so far. Mostly because I got the band back together (Church of Alvis - Scylla Server - Star Wars Galaxies). Aside from that I have some very basica annoyances. No auto-attack, the NPC's are cheap heathens, I have to change my graphics display EVERY TIME I log in (it never saves), and just little graphic glitches. All in all it's a good game, the story is AMAZING, and I want to keep playing it for that. I'm quite scared of what's going to happen when I finish the story and get to end game for grinding rep/gear and stuff.
  • analisazrc
    analisazrc Posts: 3 Member
    from what i have been reading they will have rift style regular additions coming endgame to pvp and the raid environment...

plus there are 8 completely sperate storylines to work through.... hours of fun!!!

whats everyones favourite race/class combo at the moment? im chiss bounty hunter and loving it
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    SWTOR could be improved, but it has its moments. Unfortunately, sometimes one of those moments starts when there is still daylight outside and when I look up again, it's midnight! :sad:
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    I've been enjoying SWTOR too but the one thing I miss the most and hope they are soon. A true LFG tool for Flashpoints.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    I've somehow been able to avoid it from the hours of midnight until around 5pm. This is likely because I am sleeping / at work. Dang it! Still haven't found my free time.

Wondering what I will do once school starts on Tuesday and I have negative amounts of free time instead of just 0.

ps. yes. I love the game. the sounds. the looks. the hilarious interactions. it is awesome for me! big fan!
  • tameko2
    I've been enjoying SWTOR too but the one thing I miss the most and hope they are soon. A true LFG tool for Flashpoints.

yeah one of my guildmates complains bitterly about that. It doesn't bother me as much because my BF and I together usually have either a tank or healer between us so its a lot easier to form up a group as needed and the rest of the peopel have like a buddy they usually arrange to play with but this other guy is waaaay out leveling us now so we can't do any of the flashpoints with him.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    I think in one of the threads a dev said they did plan to add a looking for game tool. For whatever reason they didn't think it was an issue while leveling...

I kind of wonder what they were thinking.