2012 Challenge Anyone?

Options
oEmmao
oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
hi guys,

was wondering if anybody wanted to do a challenge from the 1st of January to Valentines Day, and then maybe keep it going until Paddy's Day, Easter or Summer depending on how much weight we have to lose and how much interest is in starting a group?

all suggestions are welcome, weekly weigh-ins, challenges, recipies, tips etc

anyone? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm in, could do with having a weekly weight in, struggling to meet any target at the moment, i bit of kick after Christmas will great:ohwell:
  • MrsODriscoll
    MrsODriscoll Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in - Paddy's Day would be a good target - would love to stay good til then!
  • lucyg1
    lucyg1 Posts: 29
    Options
    You still up for this?
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I started on here 2 years ago.I've had some successes (and failures!). Weekly weigh-ins etc would definitely help me
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    any ideas for the challenges guys, what way shall we work this? :flowerforyou:
  • ais1992
    ais1992 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this :) keep me accountable to someone besides myself!
  • TopSideControl
    TopSideControl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    sounds good, I already joined one for january.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1862-january-10-lb-challenge
  • siobhangalway
    Options
    I am new, love to join this too, I have a big day in March I wana look better for
  • siobherz
    siobherz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sounds great :) another reason to love st Patricks day
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Paddy's day is my birthday!!
  • kevink123
    Options
    Yup I'm in.. Newbie though... how do I join?
  • lutom
    lutom Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm in! Great idea......... My goal is to lose 10lbs by Valentine's!
  • siobherz
    siobherz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    hows everyone getting on? ive lost 2 of the 6 pounds i put on over Christmas :p feeling a lot better already wooooo!
  • fillefatale
    Options
    I'm in too. First goal: lose 7lbs by Valentine's Day. Hope I'm not being unrealistic! Have lost one of those, so 6lbs to go.
  • jacqui2210
    jacqui2210 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi , i am a newbie and i have been doing good so far but now would like to get support from other people,, i would love to have to account every week it keeps motivation going
  • Butterbean6737
    Butterbean6737 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok there have been a number of replies to this post but in case it's going nowhere yet I'm going to replyto everyone that has posted and send a friend request to each of you.
    Not sure if theer is another/ better way.

To start off:
    Starting Weight: 118kg (2 Jan 2012)
    Goal Weight: 90kg (16 July 2012)
    Current Weight: 112.4kg (11 Feb 12)

Exercise 6 days a week and with the exception of one weekend I've been really good at watching my calorie count. Last two weeks my weight loss has slowed down so I'm looking for motivation, support, tips, ideas, prayers, anything!

Anyway if you're up for regular updates and support then accept my friend request. If not, best of luck anyway :)
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi :bigsmile: been AWOL due to moving house :grumble: but I would love some kind of challenge so if this is still open would love to join in :drinker:

Height - 5'7"
    SW - 196lbs
    CW - 163.2lbs as of 24.02 (Friday is my weigh in day)
    GW - 140lbs (may go a bit lighter when I get nearer)
  • fillefatale
    Options
    I'm still up for this but I need to restart and reset my goals, as I have faffed around for the last month or so and made no progress. Motivation has finally properly arrived.