How do you feel when you meet other tall women?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.... wear some sassy shoes! hahah i wear heels and awesome shoes all the time just for this reason :O) because IF I DO IT.... I KNOW other women are doing it to me! lol

for example: today i have on black/grey large leopard print round-toed platform pumps with a thick coned black 3.5" heel (so im over 6'2 right now bwwahahaahhaahhhaaaa)
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just got shoelaces tattooed on my feet since people always seem to be checking them out. :tongue:. Now the people who stare are really obvious because of the double-takes.
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    I'm 6'0", and I used to work with a girl who was also 6'0". We bonded instantly! We were clerks at a hotel, and people would always assume we were standing on a step or something behind the counter.

Also, I have 3 best gal pals (kind of like Sex and the City, lol), we are all over 5'9", except for Andrea, she is 5'1". She feels so out of place when we go out.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    When I see other tall women I wonder, "Is she taller than me? I wonder how much she weighs? Yay I'm not the tallest person here!" Things like that. :tongue: It doesn't happen very often though.

This! Also I can't help but wonder "is this what i look like?" I dont think i have any concept of what i look like to other people, so it makes me happy to see other wonderfully tall ladies!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0", and I used to work with a girl who was also 6'0". We bonded instantly! We were clerks at a hotel, and people would always assume we were standing on a step or something behind the counter.

Also, I have 3 best gal pals (kind of like Sex and the City, lol), we are all over 5'9", except for Andrea, she is 5'1". She feels so out of place when we go out.

That's funny! My best friends are 5'9", 5'9.5", and 5'2. At least we don't discriminate!
  • amyrp8c
    amyrp8c Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 9 i no im not the tallest but feel very tall compared to my friends who are all mostly under 5ft 4 but my sister is 6ft 2 so feel very short compared to her and my boyfriend is 6ft 5 and love being able to walk beside him in my heels and not feel like a giant lol
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel all a twitter. Sounds silly I know. I just love tall people.

When I see another tall woman, I usually feel an enormous smile cross my face, I stand taller, and look the other tall woman in the eye with total admiration.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah.... wear some sassy shoes! hahah i wear heels and awesome shoes all the time just for this reason :O) because IF I DO IT.... I KNOW other women are doing it to me! lol

for example: today i have on black/grey large leopard print round-toed platform pumps with a thick coned black 3.5" heel (so im over 6'2 right now bwwahahaahhaahhhaaaa)

ROTFL!!!
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options

ROTFL!!!

i thought you might be the one who would fully appreciate this :O) hahahahahha
  • tallteacher
    tallteacher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Every time I see a tall woman in the store, I check out her feet to see if she has heels on. I notice myself standing taller, stretching higher, trying to see how we compare in height. Then I start comparing weight, size, etc. The other day I was in a very large room (a gym - but not for a workout, everyone was fully clothed) and I saw a tall woman across the room. I thought, "Wow! She is so tall! I need to get next to her and see what's up!" Later, I found myself standing next to her. First, she was wearing heels, and second she was actually shorter than me! I was amazed that I was taller!

I wonder sometimes if it's difficult for me to make friends because people are intimidated by my size.
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am 6 foot and rarely come across another woman that is as tall as me. Just the other day while walking down the street a woman at least as tall as I walked by and I tried to make eye contact, wave and smile but she paid no attention to me. Funny how I felt sad! I thought we had something in common, the tall sisterhood and all...

My sisters are both 6`1" so when we three are together in public we get a lot of looks, comments and attention! It isn`t often though since we live so far apart. CA, CO and AZ.

When my husband and I are with my parents, most people assume my husband, 6`8", is my Dad`s son and I am the daughter in law. My Dad is 6`10". Makes me laugh. My sisters both married guys about the same height 6`1" and 6`2".
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I very rarely meet women that are taller than me but when I do, I LOVE IT!! I finally see what it is like for other people to be around me. I am the tallest of my friends so I get to see how they feel! I meet a lot of men who are taller than me but I am used to that because most of the men in my fam are all tall. I love other tall people. I always like to think we belong to this super hard-to-get-into club.