Changing what we eat

Options
SaToBSaT
SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
Hi all. I'm wondering what has gotten us to this point? It could be almost anything and I'd love to hear what it is because I know for somee (or all) we have a certain affinity for food and we all have to live and that is a major factor too.

As the title says I'm wondering what we are changing in our diets because for me depriving myself of something hasn't worked. So instead I've decided to replace things or omit them if I think I really can go without feeling punished.

The first thing I've changed out was mayonnaise I've instead opted in tzatziki dip for those unfamiliar it s a Greek dip comprising of Greek yogurt ( preferably), cucumber, dill, garlic, and lemon juice. It is full of flavor and no fat ( fat-free yogurt is key) here is a link to the recipe I used and it is amazing (http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2007/07/worlds-best-tzatziki-sauce-recipe-greek.html)

The second I've given up is half and half with my coffee. I used to drink it black and then picked up the habit of my wife of adding half and half both aren't earth shattering changes but I think one thing at a time over a period of time will lead to the lifestyle change I really need and not just another 'diet'

Replies

• Lovablelamb326
    Lovablelamb326 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My major weakness is bread products, cheese, and Mc Donalds.

I am keeping cheese but switched it up to a healthier fat free cheese. I am limiting myself to one to two meals a week with bread products and trying to cut out McDonalds all together.
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas. My family is carb crazy growing up (and still to this day) every meal has a loaf of bread, another starch (potatoes) and then some dessert that typically ends in "cake". I do think fast food is going to be hard I love Burger King's ham, egg, and cheese croissan'wich I haven't written those off my list yet but they will be next.
  • Salava
    Salava Posts: 2
    Options
    Peanut Butter n Jelly, amongst other things. What really got me to this miserable weight is late night binging. I can do great throughout the day and then right before bed I just go crazy. I worked as a sorter at UPS for eight years so I would work up an appetite at night and then come home and just get outta control. I'm a supervisor now so I'm not as hungry when I get home but it really just boils down to me being more disciplined and doing what I know I need to do.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    For me it has just been a matter of staying under my MFP calorie goal. I like all kinds of foods, so subbing one for another isn't a huge deal. I am cutting back on PB&J, pasta, rice, and bread with dinner simply because there are substitute foods like lean proteins and vegetables that fill those needs without breaking the calorie budget.

I guess I don't have any off limit foods, just ones that aren't worth it anymore. I think the only food I really struggle with is sugar soft drinks. I don't have them around the house, but when I am with others who are drinking them it gets kind of hard. I guess I should start learning to bring diet soda with me for occasions like that.