Best XBOX 360 Kinect game...

Options
....to shift some weight off?

I have recently been given an xbox 360 with kinect... I have the adventures games which is cool and have ordered Just Dance 3 till waiting to be delivered.

Is there anything else that I should look into getting?

Shaun

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Dance Central, the new Your Shape -- but hoenstly any kinect game is better than sitting on your butt. So pick anythng that looks fun!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The ONLY good games I've played on the Kinect are the Dance Central series! Luckily for you it's also the most intense of the games in terms of excercise as well. Focus on getting both of those games first them look at gametrailers motion (google search it, don't have url handy) and keep track there.

Don't worry though the Dance Central games are the most fun dance games I've ever played so it's worth it on it's own.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    ....to shift some weight off?

I have recently been given an xbox 360 with kinect... I have the adventures games which is cool and have ordered Just Dance 3 till waiting to be delivered.

Is there anything else that I should look into getting?

Shaun

I just picked up Kung Fu Hi Impact and it's pretty fun, if you have the space to play. If not, you're probably going to end up breaking things. Other than that, for sheer enjoyment, I like Kinect Adventures best. I've read good things about Kinect Sports too. Haven't tried it yet.
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    one of the best workouts I got with Kinect.. Fruit Ninja!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Dance Central! It is amazeballs. Haven't tried to the work out games yet because I prefer going to the gym, but when I want something fun to do rather than just sitting around at home, I love playing the dancing games. There is a Just Dance group on MFP so you should join us when it arrives, it's pretty fun and encouraging. And a wee bit competitive... in a friendly way! :smokin:
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Fruit ninja has got to be the most fun ever :)! Love it.

Also Just Dance series is really fun too.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Dance Central. The second one is a much more improved game to the first one and the best workout I get from my kinect is with this game :-) :-)
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We got a Kinect for Christmas, we have Dance Central and the adventures, but I have a little wishlist for payday lol. I want to try out the Mel B workout, Zumba Fitness and the Your Shape Evolved. My hubby wants the EA active game too as he says its the fitness one that looks less girly! I have just seen that Jillian Michaels has a few games out too. My list is getting longer.....lol
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Kinect Adventures is fun and after 20 minutes or so, you are sweating. Skip the simple stuff and go right to the raft or obstacle course on the ridge.
    We also got UFC Trainer. It is more basic than we expected(think jumping jacks, etc..), but it is tough. I think it undercount calories though.
  • Sbozek123
    Sbozek123 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've got Kinect Adventures, Sports 2, Your Shape 2012, and we just picked up UFC (it's the only one I haven't tried yet). Your shape is great for working out because not only do you see yourself on screen and it can help you correct your form, but it has area specific routines to tone/shape/and drop weight. I've tried most of the activities, and the warm ups are fun, but the pink body specific areas are tough - always start with A or B *the easy ones* before jumping to C or D, or the even harder ones.......def. recommend it, but there is some wait time before each activity loads - I wear my HRM, and get loads of calories burned - the game undercuts my calories a ton though - the difference is huge!
  • jellytots540
    jellytots540 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Puss in boots Is soo much fun and gets your heart
    Rate going. it makes a nice change from dance central
    Loved all the fighting with the sword, x
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    1. Dance Central 2
    2. The Gunstringer (especially the wavy tubeman chronicles)
    3. Child of Eden
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

I want to get this one, too. Digital download should be pretty cheap. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Kinect at all this week or last, which just sucks. The perils of using an XBox that isn't mine to work out on!
  • monkeefun
    monkeefun Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Your Shape Fitness Evolved and YS FE 2012. AWESOME games, and one heck of a work out! Lots of fun. I love the Dance Central games too - I just have a hard time getting anyone to dance with me ;_;