what do you eat for breakfast?

Options
VeganInTraining
VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
Hello Everyone!
So I'm thinking of working on a "high raw" diet. i'm not certain that's what I will end up as but it's what I'm shooting for at the moment. What do you all eat for breakfast? That's the first meal that i'm working on transitioning over. Any recipes or tips would be fantastic!
Thanks!

Replies

• babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I usually get 2 greenies in, first 2 mealsl,as they. Are rather. Large.Sometimes i will freeze half and sometimes. I'll add another fruit,to change. It up a bit.I currently have my daysand nights mixed up,and horrible insomnia,can't see or think straight, sorry.There are. Tone of recipes on the net
    & you tube.When i feel better can get you sites, also,on some of the older posts here.Good Luck.
    I:flowerforyou:
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies are great for breakfast. Usually I'll do an apple and raw almond butter instead because I'm so cold in the mornings and a smoothie doesn't help with that. But during the summer months I do green smoothies for sure.
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    What do you guys put in your green smoothies? i think I might pick up the fixings pretty soon. :)
  • vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My favorite is spinach, frozen mango, frozen mixed berries, vegan protein powder, chia seeds, and sometimes coconut oil. If you are new to green smoothies I recommend starting with spinach, you can't taste it at all. Then you can start working more "green" with stuff like kale and denser greens, and maybe even less fruit.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    For green smoothies I usually start with pea and/or rice protein powder, chia seeds, peanut butter, and almond milk in the blender, then add spinach, a little frozen banana, frozen raspberries, and a little more almond milk as necessary.

Does anyone have any other good breakfast ideas? I'm looking for something not too heavy that I can eat quickly before I hit the gym. I save smoothies for after dinner, as a smoothie is just too much to put in my stomach right before working out.
  • ShabokaMegz
    ShabokaMegz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    is the protein powder better than tofu?
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the green smoothies, however I don't add powders or fats. Mine usually consists of an orange, watermelon, baby spinach, frozen banana and either blackberries or strawberries.

Sometimes I do a green JUICE - which is more like kale, cranberries, 2 apples and a slice of ginger.

I love what the juices do for my skin....amazing!
  • LaVieEnRaw
    Options
    I mash up a banana with a tbsp of almond butter and mix in shredded coconut and flax seeds. It tastes like dessert and also gets rid of my craving for oatmeal-like substances :]
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    Another vote for the green smoothies, however I don't add powders or fats. Mine usually consists of an orange, watermelon, baby spinach, frozen banana and either blackberries or strawberries.

Sometimes I do a green JUICE - which is more like kale, cranberries, 2 apples and a slice of ginger.

I love what the juices do for my skin....amazing!

you just made me want a juicer, that sounds delicious!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    you might be interested in a VITAMIX, it's what I have and it's amazing.

Juicers merely extract juice and leave behind all the important nutrients, pulp, skins, its all essential.

The Vitamix pulverizes the whole fruit (or vegetable) into a fiber packed, nutrient rich juice or smoothie.

I've had mine for almost a year, i use it at least twice a day. <3 it
  • kimberloni
    kimberloni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love green smoothies too but if i need something extra in the morning I love doing a chia pudding parfait. Chia seeds soaked till like a pudding (15-25mins) blueberries, blackberries and bananas. Ground Flax seed (2tbps), handful of sunflower seeds, raw chopped coconut flakes, dates chopped up with chopped raw soaked almonds. Oh yah, and Hemp seeds too for protein. YUMMO
  • Alymom2008
    Alymom2008 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love a raw seed granola with goji berries and raw almond milk. It makes a nice change in the winter from smoothies. :)
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    In the morning I usually Juice 3-4 Carrots, 1/2 of a Cucumber, 1-2 Celery Stalks, some Spinach & some Kale. This usually makes around 12-16 ounces for my initial Green Juice depending on how large the Carrots/Celery/Cucumbers are...this is a super high nutrient meal but very low cal. So upon drinking my Green Juice I usually then Juice 3-4 Oranges, 3 Apples, a Pear and then pop that in the blender with 2-3 Bananas & some Strawberries to get a meal with a good amount of Calories/Fiber. This is usually how I start out my mornings with a nice energy boost. Speaking of which time to go do that now...lol Best of luck.
  • spricia
    spricia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have not gone totally raw but this is what I have for breakfast. I call it a raw veggy taco salad. I cook one egg or melt some cheese or put a small amount of cooked chicken breast on a small low-carb tortilla. Then I put on a combination of raw vegetables which might include lettuce, tomatoes, red peppers, zucchini, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, celery, spinach -- whatever I've bought from the produce section. Then I put a generous amount of salsa which is a wonderful salad dressing because the calorie count is so low. It makes a very filling meal for under 300 calories, all full of good vitamins and enzymes.
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Raw protein powder, wheat grass, spirulina, almond milk, banana and strawberries. Blend and enjoy!
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm another fan of green smoothies for breakfast. I basically put in whatever I have on hand. Today it was celery, blueberries and banana which made an awesome thick smoothie. Yesterday it was spinach, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and kiwi berry for a great summery taste. And so on. I also eat various nuts on the side - almonds, cashews, walnuts - to fill me up and round out breakfast. Sometimes I soak grains - oatmeal, barley, etc - and add fruit (dates, bananas, dried cherries, raisins, cranberries and the like) along with seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax) and/or nuts for a satisfying meal. I will also make a 'Mexican breakfast salad' with avocado, tomatoes, fresh corn, onions, bell pepper and dress it with salsa. During the week I don't vary things much because I don't have much time before work. On the weekends I decide which culture's cuisine I feel like having, take their typical ingredients in a raw form and put it together in a way that's appealing to me.

I think there's no end to the ways we can creatively eat raw!