Introductions

Options
aash28
aash28 Posts: 85 Member
Let's share a little (or a lot-le) bit about ourselves!

Replies

• aash28
    aash28 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    As of this moment, I have 7 lbs. to lose! I've lost 16 lbs. so far.
    SW: 153.
    GW: 130 (or more/less if I get closer and it's too little/much).
    CW: 137.

My story is . . .
    I was underweight as a kid. I was extremely active and it was genuinely hard for me to gain weight. So, I would eat double the amount that a kid should. Those habits carried over to college, which is also when my activity level dropped. I quickly gained weight . . . too much weight. I've tried many techniques (some good, some definitely not so good) to get the pounds off. Since getting serious about MFP in September, I've lost some of the weight. Now it's time to buckle down and meet my goal. I'd love to learn about your stories and your strategies. We can do this!
    : )
  • kimborious
    Options
    Hey Girls!

I just invited myself to this group. Here is a touch about me.
    I am 33, married, and have a 21 month old boy. I work full time and am fininishing up a Master's Degree. I live in Utah but am originally from California. I have ALWAYS restricted calories to a dangerous degree and struggled with yo-yo ing. I have weighed as little as 90 lbs and as much as 160. My most comfortable and maintainable weight is 145. I dont struggle at all with eating "right". I enjoy good healthy food. My struggle is that I have done SO MUCH damage to my body with my stupid lame crash diets that it is REALLY difficult for me to budge the scale now that I am a little older. I am 158 right now and would like to be 145. The scale moves an ounce at a time, not pounds. So often I have given up because its sooooo slooooowwww. But slow is better than nothing so this time I am stickin to it. Slow, healthy, not stressful.

Can't wait to hear more about you!
  • bayleeboosmom
    bayleeboosmom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm an older mom (almost 38 with a 13 year old an a soon to be ONE year old!!) Trying to lose the last of the baby weight. I've lost about 40lbs so far (counting the baby and all the extra that comes with it LOL) and have about 8 more to go to be at where I THINK I want to be. it's hard to find the time to work out with a little one, but am trying to do some walking on my lunch break at work and then do some kind of video at night if I can.
  • cleach29
    Options
    I am out of college a few years, with an extremely time consuming job (about 60 hours/week average) and am finishing a Master's Degree at night (in my spare time... haha). So I work out as much as I can (usually only 3 times/week) and try to eat healthily. I've found that I've put on some weight just due to my desk job and am hoping to drop about 15 pounds. I'm always looking for inspiration and encouragement!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jo and I am a very youthful 40'something, married to the man of my dreams this year, woman. We live in Missouri, I work in the City downtown KC and live out in the country. I have about 20 to 25 lbs to lose.

I too never had to worry about gaining weight as a young girl, couldn't hit 110 no matter how hard I tried, could out eat my brothers which at the time was cool, but not so much now! I have always been very active, was in the Navy and after getting out continued to be involved in a gym, and outdoor activities. When I hit my mid-30's I packed on the weight. It took me many years of doing many different diet plans to lose it. Jay Robb Fat Burning Diet finally worked and I looked and felt great. I met my husband about 2 years ago. Even though we lead a very active lifestyle, it is different than my working out going to the gym lifestyle. Being happy and comfortable, falling into patterns of eating high carb and high fat foods (my husband loves to smoke pork), camping in primitive camping spots (which means that we eat a lot of grilled foods and potoatoes) and drinking more alcohol have taken a toll.

I am back to the gym and taking a personal training class 3 days a week, logging my calories so I can still eat what I want most of the time, just less of it, and changing my drinking patterns (I have cut beer and drink mixed drinks now).

My goal is to lose it slow and by eating better and toning it up. I want to look good and feel comfortable this summer at all of our summer activities, like our canoe trips.

I actually carry this extra weight pretty well, considering I am only 5'2". I gain in my chest and right through the middle. So I can still fit in my 8/10 pants but they are so uncomfortable now.

Here's to giving and getting support from our new found group!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, about 5'4.5" After university I had a desk job, went through (still am) some emotional times and ended up hitting 162. My current weight is 140 and I'm thinking I'll try and get down to 135-130, depending on how I feel and look. Currently I'm taking courses and about to look for a full time job again.

Oddly enough I was looking at a weightloss book (just for fun) and it was saying that someone my height and medium build should weigh about 125. The last time I weighed that little I must have been like 10. How does one even know what is the "proper" weight?
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Kit - I think you have to go with what your body is comfortable with. I'm only 5'2 and even though I was only 105 to 110 in highschool, I would look terrible at that weight now. I was down to flexing between 135 and 140 before I put the weight back on and it was perfect for me - I looked toned and very healthy. Don't always go by the text books!
  • Arwen1922
    Arwen1922 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Michelle. I am 45 married with 2 active boys 7 and 8. I have always been blessed with a pretty good metabolism: but now that I am getting older it is not as blessed as it once was. I have lost about 10lbs so far. I would like to loose another 5-10 but my real goal is to get fit. i want to look strong but not muscular. I want to tighten up EVERYTHING. Especially my tummy!! So with all your help and support I can do this.
  • kjh1204
    kjh1204 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kelly, I'm 23 and need to lose about 20lbs and tone up, especially my tummy. I used to be able to eat what I want and not gain weight as I used to do so much exercise in college but then I met my boyfriend 4 years ago and as soon as I moved in with him I started to gain weight. I swapped exercise for nights out and healthy home cooked meals for takeaway pizzas. I really want to get fit again as well as I used to compete in triathlons and now I can't even run a mile!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and I'm a 34yo SAHM with three kids (8, 6, 2.9) and an assortment of animals.

I'm 5'4" and started last May at around 180. I've lost a little over 40lbs. I'm at 138 now and I really want to lose another 13. It's so tough to make the weight budge now.

Running is my favorite thing to do but I also use a bunch of Jillian Michaels dvds.

My stomach area is my biggest problem.

I'm turning 35 this summer and I want to run my first half marathon right before my birthday.
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Anne! 33 yo mom to 3 kids (Jude almost 8; Quinn 5.5; and Lucy 2.5)...I work full time outside of the home (I HATE IT!)....the one nice thing about working though is my company has a full gym with a trainer....for use by me for free....So really the last 10-15 should be easy - right? Yea.....I weigh 140 (and have been stuck "around" here since June??)....I would like to weigh between 125 and 130....I am 5'6"ish...I run and am currently training for a half marathon (in May!). I do change up the running every once in a while with a bike or elliptical. I also WAS doing Core class with the trainer 2x's per week but I stopped that a while back to do a round of insanity. I'm back to running though and just today started "power lifting" which will be done 2x's a week. I am excited! REALISTICALLY, I would be completely fine with not losing one single pound more - if I LOOKED like I had. I need toning big time in the hips, upper thighs and baby pouch areas :)

That was a little I guess :) outside of being slightly obsessed with the "real" body I know I have somewhere, I really just like to spend time with my family! Anything with them will do!!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm Kristina, just turned 36, Mom of 4: 8, 6 (times 2) and 14 months. Married almost 10 years.
    I have struggled with my weight and body image for as long as I can remember. Highest weight (not pregnant) was 195, before getting pregnant with #4 and shortly after she was born. Finally decided to do something about it and heard about MFP from a friend. I'm 5'6 and currently 145, but need a lot of toning (4 babies will do that, especially 2 at once! lol). I am hoping to lose another 5 lbs. I have been stuck at 145 since early December, so I finally am starting to incorporate exercise in my plan. However if the exercise brings me down into the 130s, I will totally take it!!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm literally down to my last 2 - 7 pounds!
    SW: 212
    GW: 150 -- maybe 145
    CW: 152

I really never had to worry about my weight until after my second child. I was in my late 20's, and then used the depo shot for birth control which made any baby weight almost impossible to lose. Then I seemed to get comfortable with the weight gain. Then last year, I quit smoking. I gained like 25 pounds. When I had to go buy a size 18 in jeans, I told myself that I was going to change. Starting MFP in July, and now 60 pounds lighter. I'm 5'10", went from a size 18 down to a size 8. Down to the last few pounds then need to really start integrating more toning and use of weights. I've been focused on cardio for the last few months....
  • rlittle2
    rlittle2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Becky! I am 25 and live in North Carolina. I was a three sport athlete in high school and never had a problem with my weight. In fact, I was probably on the small side. Throughout college, I gradually gained about 10 pounds. After college, I started a very time consuming job that requires a good amount of travel. Eating out and no exercise was easy, so again I gained weight. In 2011, I dropped about 20 pounds and maintained that until my job required me to relocate. I was displaced for over 2 months, so again eating out began the normal.

I am excited to get back in gear and reach my goal weight. This time I am putting an equal focus on fitness and nutrition. I can't wait to make this lifestyle change a routine! Let's get healthy!!
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi guys - I'm Angela, I'm 5'6 and 33 years old from New Zealand.

My starting weight is: 68kg (150 pounds)
    My current weight is: 66.5kg (147 pounds)
    My goal weight is: 60kg (132 pounds)

So I have about 15 pounds to lose!

For most of my adult life I hovered between 60-62kg, but in the last couple of years my weight has slowly gone up. I'm now heavier than I want to be, so I'm looking to go back to my normal weight and start doing some exercise. I've never exercised before, I you don't count shopping which has a lot of walking involved!

I've just started the C25K which I'm really excited about - I'm going to do day 2 today. I just really need the motivation to keep up doing exercise - I really want to get fit for once and lose the flab!
  • malloryjanay
    malloryjanay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Mallory. I'm 25 years old and live in a small city in Saskatchewan, Canada. It seems that ever since university I have battled my weight. I have been as much as 166lbs and as little as 105lbs (scary part of my life) and I am 5'4". I just got married this past September and I was down to 138lbs at the time, but since have put 5lbs back on. I am a Registered Psychiatric Nurse and have been working a lot of overtime. I find I am actually a better eater at home, not at work. I don't know what it is about healthcare professionals; you would think we would be health conscious, but I don't know how many times a day I have to pass treats in the nurses station. I am looking to quit this yo-yo and get serious about losing the last 15lbs. My goal weight is 128lbs.

4558153.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Erin and I reside in Pittsburgh. I want to lose about 15 pounds. I have my goal weight at 120 but I really want to tone up as well. Currently, I am training for my first 1/2 marathon that is taking place in May! I also have been married for 2 1/2 years and am hoping to have kids one day soon :)
    I've been on this site for awhile and although I managed to lose the first 12 lbs pretty easily, these last ones don't want to come off. I am excited to be apart of this group and go through this journey with everyone. Good luck to us all!
  • goexpos
    goexpos Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm Lynne and I live in Ontario, Canada. I started on MFP in September after hitting my heaviest ever weight of 170 after a couple of years of bad habits and not doing much exercise. I joined a gym two months ago and have been trying to exercise every day - 3 days a week full body workouts and the rest of the time at least 40 minutes of cardio a day. Trying to stay on track with healthy eating but some weeks are better than others.

My frame is fairly slight, so my goal weight is 145 though I'm not too worried about the number. Mostly I just want to be able to fit back into my favorite jeans :-)

I've managed to work off 13 pounds to date, and really started to see progress when I added strength training to my routine. I'm going to have to work a lot harder at the nutrition side of things if I'm going to lose the last 12lbs.
  • JoKeFi99
    Options
    Good Morning. My name is Kerstin and I live in Atlanta. I'm married for 7 years and have a little boy who will be 4 next month.
    I have been stuck at my current weight for quite some time now and for some reason I can't get the scale to come down. I go back and force between 141 - 143 and last week I made it to 140.5 but I can't seem to break the 140ies. I really would like to be around 132-134. I'm 5'7" and for now I think that's where I would feel comfortable.
    I have recently started running (or maybe I should say jogging). I never was a runner. I love to walk and can walk for miles and miles but never seem to be able run. Last Thanksgiving I just entered a 5k Turkey Trott and I did it. This gave me a boost to really work on my running and I enjoy it. I try to run three times a week. Twice on the treadmill in the gym and one run on the weekends outside. I also try to do some weights.
    I try to eat healthy most of the times and keep carbs out as much as I can. I do pretty ok during the week but the weekends are often my downfall. Either my husband cooks which is just too good to not eat or we go out.

I'm excited about this group! Let's do it :wink:

13415113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    good morning!

My name is Nicole, 43 years old, mother of 3 young men. (Peter 22, Nick 20 and Steven 18) and I am looking to loose appx 10-15 pounds. My story is simple:
    Underweight growing up, NEVER exercised so I have absolutely no muscle tone that is noticable!

I am 5'8", and currently weigh 153.

With that said, I have no idea where to start in the gym. I belong to a planet fitness and they have a 30 minute circuit that I will be doing 3 times per week, plus cardio.

I need an all over body tone! I would love to wear a 2 peice this summer (mom appropriate of course :wink: ) and feel comfortable in it! I am really sick of wearing the 'skirt' bottoms!!

Please add me, we can do this girls!!