Zensah compression leg sleeves

Options
So I purchased some Zensah compression leg sleeves because I get shin splints often... and I am not a heel striker, I have proper running shoes, as well as orthotics for them. This is the next step. Does anyone else have them or use them? I read a lot of reviews that were all positive.

Replies

• satch45
    satch45 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of those before but let me know how they work out for you. Shin splints are what always stops me from any long term running regiment.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    My husband wears Zensah calf sleeves when he runs. He doesn't have shin issues but says his legs feel much better after running when he wears the compression sleeves as opposed to when he doesn't.
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I sometimes wear CEP compression socks when I run but usually use them more for recovery than actually running in them.
  • Jonathanfales
    Jonathanfales Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I used one to get through the splints and then focused on my form to make sure they never came back. Compression sleeve holds the muscle in close to the bones helping to support the bones.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    LOL I posted this a while back... been using the sleeves already and they help.
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I started using the Zensah leg sleeves when I had shin splints over the summer (because I overpronate). I still wear them on long runs. I think they make my legs feel better. I also have the CEP leg sleeves and use those as well.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I started using the Zensah leg sleeves when I had shin splints over the summer (because I overpronate). I still wear them on long runs. I think they make my legs feel better. I also have the CEP leg sleeves and use those as well.

I never thought I was an overpronator but have just realized that I am and it stinks! Do you prefer the CEP or Zensah?
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I never thought I was an overpronator but have just realized that I am and it stinks! Do you prefer the CEP or Zensah?

I prefer the Zensah for how "soft" they feel. The CEP feel more snug and so I think they might compress more. But really both are good and I used them both (alternated days) while dealing with the shin splints. If you wear tights and wondering on the fit under them - I've worn the Zensah under my Under Armour warm tights and they fit fine, I have not tried the CEP ones under the tights yet, but may tomorrow. I have a long run planned and with it being in the teens here my tights are a standard part of my wardrobe right now.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I used to suffer from horrible shin splints until I bought these and started taking joint supplements. A God-send. I LOVE them!!!!! (I take glucosamine/chondroitin)